Lost Character - Mega Thread

"Hey Survivors, we're temporarily taking down Official Network while we investigate reports of lost items.

We'll keep you updated!"

oh no i lost an inven of cryos 😱

how about we focus on the fact that the feature u hyped up is UNUSABLE. because if you transfer there is a very high likelyhood you will lose EVERYTHING not just your inventory lmfao.

CHARACTERS NOT ITEMS @Dollie

ur on the right path tho! just a bit off just but its the thought that counts right!

Edited by NoobSupreme
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purpledragnfly said:

I'm having somewhat the same problem I'm only able to get 250 servers to show I have uninstaled and reinstalled the game 2 x not sure what's going on please fix it

welcome to ark buddy boy. Only about 3 years until its playable. I would never leave the game not for everything, but that doesnt make me immune to critizing how terribly ran this game is.

Just take a look, we got master zing pong who ones snail games. Chinese cant manage poop. They need to fire him or sell the company. 

Not fussed about any event at this point, would like access to the two characters i had in the cloud before i logged out for the night and the one I just put there this morning?
Submitting a ticket on this matter has been completely removed. Server rollback was not the cause, as they were stored way before that time and one of them was put in the cloud recently from my server hours after this rollback. 
Nobody cares about cosmetic mods or events when they cant get into their tribe on their main account. 
I see no WC response to any of the people that have experienced this, I suggest you make it the top priority to rectify this issue or face losing the entire Ark player base. Its sad to see the game going down like this. We expected issues but on matters as simple as character transfer where wildcard has done much testing in the past, that's terrible. 

Edited by Garyo86
  • Thanks 1

As far as I see it, nothing less than a rollback to before servers opened will fix this mess. Its better they bite the bullet now, the longer they leave it, the more people will be quitting. 
Big roll back and let the x3 roll on until love evolved launches as compensation. The amount of people that will quit due to this will be catastrophic for wildcards already dwindling player base. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Garyo86 said:

As far as I see it, nothing less than a rollback to before servers opened will fix this mess. Its better they bite the bullet now, the longer they leave it, the more people will be quitting. 
Big roll back and let the x3 roll on until love evolved launches as compensation. The amount of people that will quit due to this will be catastrophic for wildcards already dwindling player base. 

Not worried about the game, they got the plan going for that. With all the poop that’s being added when it does come out of early access and is up to the playability that Ase was in about a year or so we are going to see a resurge, as well as when PCs get cheaper so that people who can’t get money can play Asa as well.

2 minutes ago, NoobSupreme said:

Not worried about the game, they got the plan going for that. With all the poop that’s being added when it does come out of early access and is up to the playability that Ase was in about a year or so we are going to see a resurge, as well as when PCs get cheaper so that people who can’t get money can play Asa as well.

They would need a player base for that future to become reality. If  they do not take responsibility for their incompetence now regarding character loss and provide the right solution to those that have been affected, they will have no support or microtransaction income to rely upon. At this point, its only their most die hard supporters that have remained playing, along with a few newbies that will quit the minute they lose their character due to the short attention span of todays population.
Its clear transfers should not have been enabled now, they need to man up, admit they messed up and address the issue openly. They rolled back servers for some lost items, and yet the amount of lost characters was not mentioned? To ignore the larger problem is insulting to us all, we tolerate their learn as you go attitude with every patch release. The least they can do is be honest and give us back that which was lost, in FULL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Garyo86 said:

Thats never going to happen. You better get used to this stuff.

BTW Between ASA AND ASE this is my 8th to 9th Character Lost.  Wildcard should just make me a god damn mod at this point.

Well actually if I am counting ALL ASA characters lost.  It is now about 12-13 Lvl 50+ characters lost in this game.  I have probably lost at least FIVE CHARS with all Island bosses and Ascension.

Guess what WIldcard gave me once... a 105 Char with No bosses because I HAD NO EVIDENCE.  I was supposed to know they can't program?

Thanks for the Micky Mouse Costume totally fixed me being Livid about thousands of hours of my life wasted.

25K Plus hour Fav Game of All Time. This is how they treat their most HardCore Players.

Edited by AWSPRAGUE

3 hours ago, AWSPRAGUE said:

BTW Between ASA AND ASE this is my 8th to 9th Character Lost.  Wildcard should just make me a god damn mod at this point.

Well actually if I am counting ALL ASA characters lost.  It is now about 12-13 Lvl 50+ characters lost in this game.  I have probably lost at least FIVE CHARS with all Island bosses and Ascension.

Guess what WIldcard gave me once... a 105 Char with No bosses because I HAD NO EVIDENCE.  I was supposed to know they can't program?

Thanks for the Micky Mouse Costume totally fixed me being Livid about thousands of hours of my life wasted.

25K Plus hour Fav Game of All Time. This is how they treat their most HardCore Players.

Hold on so if i take a video evidence of my character then they will give it back when i lose it?

1 hour ago, NoobSupreme said:

Hold on so if i take a video evidence of my character then they will give it back when i lose it?

Screenshot the implant and char level before transferring as proof if char is lost in transfer, and always have an alt psn acc that you can give host to that will not leave the server so you do not lose dinos and structures to decay. 
I hope they have trained their Gm's to give chibi levels, bosses and ascensions this time around as well as the xp lost. In the past many of the GM's refused to put in the effort to actually replace what was lost, if you didn't have the bosses unlocked when they arrived to give you xp to your char, you was capped at 105 which is a damn joke. The grind on xp now is worse than ASE so no one is going to tolerate it. 
We deserve to have what was lost replaced COMPLETELY and then be compensated for the time lost, they have never treated the players right. If its not different this time around, I will not be sticking around to support them moving forward.

• Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic

Here is the thing I TESTED Transfers with a lvl 70 about 6-8 times.  So this led me to believe they actually rolled out something which doesn't crash nor delete your characters.  It was only ONCE I started trying to upload more then one Char did everything delete.  So it is beyond moronic.  Even experienced players might think everything is all good to just have it all deleted.  I wouldn't be surprised if 10-20% of PVP Players lost their Chars.  Transfers Opened...Not even being griefed cause people to scared to transfer. 

28 minutes ago, AWSPRAGUE said:

Here is the thing I TESTED Transfers with a lvl 70 about 6-8 times.  So this led me to believe they actually rolled out something which doesn't crash nor delete your characters.  It was only ONCE I started trying to upload more then one Char did everything delete.  So it is beyond moronic.  Even experienced players might think everything is all good to just have it all deleted.  I wouldn't be surprised if 10-20% of PVP Players lost their Chars.  Transfers Opened...Not even being griefed cause people to scared to transfer. 

im beginning to believe this as i have yet to see any new reports today. they did release that server patch. Perhaps they are just being silen so that they dont haev to deal with restoring characters.

Smart move on their end!

Alright so i have spoken with a couple larger tribes. It seems you will be losing characters a lot if you are uploading multiple characters, downloading onto a server you already have a character on. All of the cases I have seen of people losing have been due to this. And one case of a person losing a character after sitting there duping by uploading and downloading "hundreds of times".

I think its partially fixed, its safe to transfer but not completely safe. I personally wont be transfering until the love evolved update.

Edited by NoobSupreme

Has anyone else experienced any issues with their account during the recent server update?

On the evening of February 9th, the server malfunctioned, and we were unable to log in for several hours. When I finally joined the server, I was shocked to discover that my character, Ivor Bigun, was reset to level 1 despite being at level 109 before the update. Moreover, I was no longer a part of our tribe, ARKcore. 

This issue is unacceptable and has caused me a great deal of frustration. I own a large number of Dinos that require imprinting, and now we cannot get them done. My tribemate found my bag on the floor in the tribe's base, and my gamer tag was still there, with the character ID ending 47795.

My chibi was level 5, which allowed me to reach level 109. We need to find my character and achievements since my absence has had a significant impact on my tribe. 

I've been playing ARK for more than a decade now since the Beta phase was first released, and unfortunately, I'd encountered the same bug 5-6 times before, during the ASE period.

We had hoped that with the new investment and structure, now that Wildcard has more resources, would have resolved some of the known issues.

This is unfortunate to know that despite the issue will affect players significantly, Wildcard is going to overlook the problem, as addressed by Wildcard GM Reaper. It's evident that Wildcard, the game developers, are responsible for this significant bug, and they need to address it right away.

I mean, how difficult it is to get my character back with the same player ID? 

image.png.1124224aafb6baf5f3d4768eb875298d.png

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Lost Character - Mega Thread
  • Joebl0w13 locked and unlocked this topic