How to use Glass-Skins on official

Austria

32 minutes ago, Austria said:

how can i use this on Xbox official pve?

and must everyone on the Server use this mod to see the glass skin?

Not sure of the controls on console, on PC right click on custom structure skin in the cosmetics tab then Custom Cosmetics > Clean Glass Wall then select place and you can put it on any greenhouse wall, that's all available at the moment so you can't use it on ceilings, doors, sloped walls & roofs etc

6 hours ago, Fish77 said:

Not sure of the controls on console, on PC right click on custom structure skin in the cosmetics tab then Custom Cosmetics > Clean Glass Wall then select place and you can put it on any greenhouse wall, that's all available at the moment so you can't use it on ceilings, doors, sloped walls & roofs etc

Any wall*, it works on solid metal walls ( 1x1 ) too which is pretty nice considering you can build from stone/metal and have the durability of it but the look of the glass :) Also good to note the skins won't show until you respawn.

Then they gonna appear on cosmetic tab.

4 hours ago, YuzuTV said:

Any wall*, it works on solid metal walls ( 1x1 ) too which is pretty nice considering you can build from stone/metal and have the durability of it but the look of the glass :) Also good to note the skins won't show until you respawn.

Then they gonna appear on cosmetic tab.

I see them in the cosmetics tab, but it says it cannot be used so I still have no idea how to apply them on console. Why do they never tell us how to use things lol 

Edit: never mind, as I posted this I realised you need the wall in your inventory to skin it lol. I'd delete this post if it had the option 🤦‍♂️

Edited by MasonZX10
Noob error

Any able to help? 

I’ve downloaded the new cosmetic mods on Xbox but for some reason the glass one doesn’t show up when I’m logged in and scrolling through the cosmetic skins in your inventory all the others do like lamp post, weapon rack but glass wall isn’t in there and I have the clean glass wall mod  downloaded any ideas anyone?

On 2/9/2024 at 1:42 AM, MasonZX10 said:

I see them in the cosmetics tab, but it says it cannot be used so I still have no idea how to apply them on console. Why do they never tell us how to use things lol 

Edit: never mind, as I posted this I realised you need the wall in your inventory to skin it lol. I'd delete this post if it had the option 🤦‍♂️

I just clicked on the skin in inventory and selected place, it then showed green when it was on top of one of my existing walls.  It then changed the look of that wall that was already in place.  I didn't need to place the skin on a stack before hand.

Things I did before using the skin, installed then closed the game.  Then I restarted the game and joined my server.

Edited by GrumpyBear
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2024 at 11:35 PM, GrumpyBear said:

I just clicked on the skin in inventory and selected place, it then showed green when it was on top of one of my existing walls.  It then changed the look of that wall that was already in place.  I didn't need to place the skin on a stack before hand.

Things I did before using the skin, installed then closed the game.  Then I restarted the game and joined my server.

I didn't realise you had to press triangle (ps5) to change the skin structure. Noob lol