Community Crunch 392: Development Update, Cross-Platform Mod Spotlight, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, mikedxb said:

Not one word about the console save problem? Not even a mention to let us know you know the problem even exists. As I've been unable to play to my single player for 2 weeks now. I need a fricken refund because this game is not playable. F your f'ing Crunch.

2 hours ago, Honixx said:

Xbox séries X the solo does not save even with the admin commands I lost all my dinos that I tamed I can no longer play it because no matter what I do it does not save

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdmiralMorgan said:

“WE’RE COMMITTED TO RESOLVING THIS ISSUE SWIFTLY AND BRINGING WINDOWS CLIENTS BACK ONTO CROSSPLAY PVP SERVERS EARLY NEXT WEEK.” That was on 11/28 so over a month and a half ago now. How about some transparency????

There is zero reason to have bought the windows version when you could have bought xbox version or steam version. There is no windows exclusive servers.

The only people crying about windows servers are the people who can't cheat so easily now.

Keep it offline indefinitely for me.

20 minutes ago, WaxLizardSkin said:

There is zero reason to have bought the windows version when you could have bought xbox version or steam version. There is no windows exclusive servers.

There is also no "excluding server". Everyone is free to play on a platform of choice IF a game is available on that platform. ASA was available on Windows so WC should either give them acces to servers asap or refund asap.

That Windows is a weird choice is not relevant here.

Everyone complaining about not getting the Shastasaurus with the Center please remember that they did say they are having problems getting the saddle everyone is wanting for it to work correctly.  I can't remember when they said it, I want to say right before ASA came out or around that time, but they did mention they are working on it and was having problems. 

Yes we can ask but don't get upset about it or start yelling at the overworked devs.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

oh wait, they did at 

theres not much else you can say. are you supposed to just allow duped items?

The dupe was active for much longer than a day, this rollback only hurt legit tribes who spent that time doing something productive, as the dupers already had vaults and dedis full of duped items which weren’t rolled back

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Wait, I thought we voted for the Shastasaurus not the Gigantoraptor to be on The Center???  What's the point of us voting on it if your just gonna change it & none of them are safe?

I was confused as well, if they had been planning on adding the center, don't you think they would have started to work on the shast as opposed to the gigantoraptor? And even if the were planning on adding the gigantoraptor, wouldn't they work on ragnarok and not the center. Its all very confusing and I wish WildCard would give us more insight on why this decision was made. 

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Tonarinookami said:

Everyone complaining about not getting the Shastasaurus with the Center please remember that they did say they are having problems getting the saddle everyone is wanting for it to work correctly.  I can't remember when they said it, I want to say right before ASA came out or around that time, but they did mention they are working on it and was having problems. 

Yes we can ask but don't get upset about it or start yelling at the overworked devs.

It was supposed to be with the center, that was the entire point of of using voting on it. If they aren't gonna hold true to their word here what reason do we have to believe any of the other votes matter? Why bother voting at all if they can just be changed at will.

As for the saddle if it was being such a problem they could've held off on that one & split in in two like platform & non platform saddles, that way it could be released with the map It was supposed to be released on. ne that peeps were expecting & a normal one for now.

1 hour ago, GatorGamer869 said:

I was confused as well, if they had been planning on adding the center, don't you think they would have started to work on the shast as opposed to the gigantoraptor? And even if the were planning on adding the gigantoraptor, wouldn't they work on ragnarok and not the center. Its all very confusing and I wish WildCard would give us more insight on why this decision was made. 

I'd think so but why not lie to your playbase instead, that always goes over great doesn't it?  

• Thanks 1

Interesting steam numbers (so not including epic for ASE, and console players for ASA) https://steamcharts.com/cmp/346110,2399830#3m

comparing with battlemetrics (that cannot read EPIC players in ASE but reads the amount of all platform in ASA), console versions seem fine.. not so fine the Steam version :V

Edited by darkradeon

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

Interesting steam numbers (so not including epic for ASE, and console players for ASA) https://steamcharts.com/cmp/346110,2399830#3m

comparing with battlemetrics (that cannot read EPIC players in ASE but reads the amount of all platform in ASA), console versions seem fine.. not so fine the Steam version :V

Some more interesting numbers:

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arksa/stats

18 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Some more interesting numbers:

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/arksa/stats

ASA servers aren't going bad at all to be honest, but those are Steam + PS5 + XBOX X|S. And this despite all the cross platforms and server issues.
Considering this, seems like ASA is a lot more played on console and far less on PC, while ASE had a huge PC player base.

Probably the hardware requirements on PC didn't help too..

Edited by darkradeon

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, darkradeon said:

ASA servers aren't going bad at all to be honest, but those are Steam + PS5 + XBOX X|S
Considering this, seems like ASA is a lot played on console and far less on PC, while ASE had a huge PC player base.

The unusual trend is the player base is slowly declining while the number of servers is increasing. I'm not sure it's safe to make too many assumptions about ASE since we don't have any numbers on consoles other than those released from Snail's SEC filings. Those simply show more console players than PC (ASE), which makes sense as that's a global trend for the entire industry. I'm always taken aback by the fact that mobile is eclipsing all other platforms (more than 50% and growing). Who are these people? 

How about the team, and company take a second to look at the community and the problems that are being talked about and reported? Like the solo/non-dedicated saves NOT SAVING. Even with admin commands, the save gets rolled back and all the hours that got sunk in just go to waste. This "bug" breaks the game and makes it not worth playing for a lot of people who do solo or just play non-dedicated with friends. This game does have an obscene amount of potential, and be it either the devs or the corpo suits, they need to realize this is a multi million dollar project, not a start up, that needs dedication from them in making it the best it possibly can be. We were promised amazing things with ASA, and so far we have been given none of it, just ignored and told suck it up with bugs and stuff. I can't play the game until the saving issue is fixed, I've lost too many hours redoing stuff at this point, but devs or suits whoever is responsible, stop ignoring your community, before you reptar up beyond redemption and run ASA into the ground.  

• Like 1