ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on PlayStation and Mod Spotlight

StudioWildcard

ARK: Survival Ascended is now live on Playstation!

Embark on new expeditions as we spotlight the second wave of Cross-Platform Mods, expanding your ARK horizons with a plethora of exciting content.

A note about Modding with ATLAS assets (we've been asked!):
It's official from the corporate top-boss: creators can use all ATLAS assets within ASA mods as they see fit! (only for use within ASA mods, of course)

This video features:

Check out ARK:Survival Ascended in the PlayStation store!

View full article

Please tell me you will be Adding a performance mode or something for ps5. It looks great but 30fps makes things hard to play after ages on everything being minimum 60. Bit concerned about it if I get surrounded by Wyverns in the Future.. or Bugs in a Cave..

Also drops to 20 if you're in a forest with a torch. 

Edited by polarmole
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, polarmole said:

Please tell me you will be Adding a performance mode or something for ps5. It looks great but 30fps makes things hard to play after ages on everything being minimum 60. Bit concerned about it if I get surrounded by Wyverns in the Future.. or Bugs in a Cave..

Also drops to 20 if you're in a forest with a torch. 

BS.
As much as we want it to be "minimum 60 fps", on a console stable 30 is the benchmark with a few exemptions that have stable 60.
For ages... On a device that is just 3 years old...

9 hours ago, MMaas said:

BS.
As much as we want it to be "minimum 60 fps", on a console stable 30 is the benchmark with a few exemptions that have stable 60.
For ages... On a device that is just 3 years old...

A few exceptions?  Are you only playing games from last gen on your PS5?

Most games nowadays are absolutely 60fps as a standard. They might offer lower framerate quality modes, but 60 is generally the standard. Its not 2018 on ps4 anymore. 

2 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

A few exceptions?  Are you only playing games from last gen on your PS5?

Most games nowadays are absolutely 60fps as a standard. They might offer lower framerate quality modes, but 60 is generally the standard. Its not 2018 on ps4 anymore. 

To be fair, my TV does not go over 60 fps. And I'm one of the people that most of the time go for quality over fps.
Still it's unreasonable to claim that 60 the MINIMUM is, it is the maximum at best in most cases. Even if 60 is the goal it is often not stable.

Besides... We are talking ARK here: Heavy duty and never known for optimisation. OG poster is crying for no reason while there are enough good reasons to cry about.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MMaas said:

To be fair, my TV does not go over 60 fps. And I'm one of the people that most of the time go for quality over fps.
Still it's unreasonable to claim that 60 the MINIMUM is, it is the maximum at best in most cases. Even if 60 is the goal it is often not stable.

Besides... We are talking ARK here: Heavy duty and never known for optimisation. OG poster is crying for no reason while there are enough good reasons to cry about.

A lot of shooters offer 120fps, apex for example, so yeah 60 is becoming the standard. 

Just because ark is an unoptimized mess and can barely hold 30, doesnt mean 30 is good enough or the norm for this gens hardware. 

Do we have any conformations on anything else at this point? The animated show has 4 weeks to follow its 2023 release date which it still is following, and I would think by this point we'd hear about the launch of SoTF or Scorched Earth. Mostly I just want the show after 3 years of a promise that hasn't been fulfilled

I just want to say, I have been extremely critical of this game, and how bad it will be, but after playing, I think that, for once, wc did a great job, sure there were a few glitches and lag, but the game was running smoother for me than ase ever was. Pillaring is still an issue, but what can be done about it. The graphics were stunningish, and I actually enjoy the game. I have not ran into a game breaking bug yet.... but I belive that wc did a good job with the game, but the did awful things with the presentation.

• Haha 1