PS5 Release Questions

I was under the impression that "console specific servers" meant exactly what it sounds like. PlayStation only/Xbox only servers.  

I keep seeing comments again saying that this is not true. That the new servers for the PlayStation launch will be available to all or Xbox as well? 

Could anyone clarify, please?

Probably already been answered, so sorry in advance. Thanks. 

I really hope the new servers being launched aren't cross play. Would be terrible to have to compete with Xbox/PC for server spot/land. Especially after everything that has happened. 

I do not want to have to compete with the Xbox/PC community on top of the PlayStation community. It will be a battle royal to get into a server and then a rush to land grab whatever you can. 

Its going to be hard enough with just the PlayStation community trying to log on. 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, TheHatedConsolePlayer said:

I was under the impression that "console specific servers" meant exactly what it sounds like. PlayStation only/Xbox only servers.  

I keep seeing comments again saying that this is not true. That the new servers for the PlayStation launch will be available to all or Xbox as well? 

Could anyone clarify, please?

Probably already been answered, so sorry in advance. Thanks. 

Console only servers are PS/Xbox.

There will be no PS only or Xbox only official servers.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, GP said:

Console only servers are PS/Xbox.

There will be no PS only or Xbox only official servers.

My issue with this wording is: Is there a difference between Xbox, the console, and Xbox Windows/remote/gamepass whatever other way they have expanded?
With the huge delay of PS over the other platforms I realy think they should offer PS only for the time being.

• Like 1

Just wondering how many new servers will we get for ASA on PS5?
Somebody recently pointed out there were not even 4k new slots at Xbox launch, this is not verified but is awfully little when looking at the numbers of ASE on launch of a new map.
With the new servers only being "console" and not "PS5" I expect a huge run of Xbox players that are strugling with overcrowded servers, creating the same problem over again.

I realy try to see some light at the end of the tunnel but with the usual lack of information it becomes very hard.

4 hours ago, Fatbatmanplays said:

Okay thank you. Should make trading and buying better being able to trade with Xbox and pc players once the servers open up. 

If that's what you want, just join one of the older servers. More worth trading there anyhow.

For the PS players that just want to play ARK instead of shopkeeper it is just bad news, the risk of not getting a decent spot on an overcrowd server is a lot higher now. The ammount of servers is too low for the current population and going at the ammount of new servers for the Xbox launch it is more than likely the number of new servers will be insufficient for new PS players and the already existing surplus of PC and Xbox users.

So am I understanding correct in saying that it will ONLY be Xbox players able to join the new servers at launch? 

NOT PC? 

Already bad competing with people who already got a shot at claiming land and getting a server spot, but with the cheating from PC idk if it's a good idea to even attempt to play. 

Never felt so disappointed in a game. I've loved Ark ever since it first came out and my cousin talked me into trying this new dino game that we had never heard of. It was something I had never experienced. The taming, the building, crafting, and, most of all, the people on my server. Trading for color combos and higher stats for breeding pairs. The feeling of accomplishment after raising a giga for 2 weeks in real life on basic troughs. 

We all just wanted to experience that again. With better graphics and smoother gameplay. 

Really rough deciding whether or not it is worth buying this game now because of how it has been handled, managed. 

Nobody would be saying sht if wildcard had followed through with what they had been saying. 

I just don't know if I want to spend 45$ if I won't be able to get on an official server or claim any land. There will be so many more people trying to join than PC or Xbox now. 

It is just not right or fair. Life is not fair, but when you have control over whether or not you can make it fair, then it should be. 

Dropped the ball big time. Everyone was sooo hyped and excited and because of poor execution, that has come and gone. 

Idk. Can complain until we are blue in the face and it won't matter.

Good luck survivors. Farewell. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Can anyone explain the login or join server bug that hasn't been fixed for PlayStation launch? 

How does it affect login?

Is there a chance people will NOT run into this problem?

The big question:

If the new servers are cross play and PlayStation users cannot log on, will there be any space left on the new server when they can?

How is this supposed to work? Is it just another middle finger to Playstation/console?

They said they want everyone to have a fair chance to play ASA. New servers will not go online until a couple hours after launch to insure all players have a fair chance. 

If PLAYSTATION users can't log on, and everyone else can, how is that a fair chance? 

Would love to know how "bad" this logon bug is or was. 

Would be absolutely devastating if you bought the game and couldn't find space on an official server because of a bug. 

Any info would be awesome. Thanks. 

14 hours ago, MMaas said:

With the new servers only being "console" and not "PS5" I expect a huge run of Xbox players that are strugling with overcrowded servers, creating the same problem over again

This...this is what I was afraid of.... ^^^

I would also like to know how many new servers. 

They'll trickle a few servers out and when people complain because every server is 70/70 with 20 man ques maybe theyll release a handful more in 2 weeks.

It's clear one area they targeted to save money and maximize profits is # of servers.

No PVE or PvP console specific servers. Not only are we not advancing, were actually taking steps backward from ASE.

Way to cheap out on your customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, MissAscended said:

I was under the impression that they're all gonna be crossplay. I think playstation servers will be locked at launch to allow catch up, but after a certain date they will be open for all platforms. 

There are crossplay (all platforms) and there are console only crossplay (Xbox/PS).

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to PS5 Release Questions

If wildcard said that all the cheats on pc can join ur server if they want and steal all ur stuff whenever they want. There would still be a queue to get into servers by console players. Console players love to moan they thought they would be on their own but it was never gonna happen. U bought the game so ur gonna play it. Ur not gonna pay for it and then not play it because it's not all kittens and fairytales