aquariusthe2nd

Suggestion

38 replies to this server topic

My wife and I loved playing ark survival evolved and were thrilled with the announcement of ark survival ascended since it was a huge upgrade to the game we already loved

Now we finally got to play but there is no dedicated servers option for Xbox which is a huge disappointment, so then We tried a non dedicated session hoping the tethers wouldn’t be bad.

all that to find out the tether range is LESS THE. 200! 

that is no where near enough for a survival game of this size. we basically both have to be doing the same thing all the time which isn’t helpful when most of the time we need to divide and conquer to create great things

I hope this is changed because this is not feasible at all and it really kills the game for us

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ian1the1Survivalist said:

Hello again, survivors.

While I'm saddened by the delay for ARK Ascended on Playstation, this presents an opportunity for me to consider some preparations. First and foremost, I want ANYONE whose had a chance to try it out on Xbox, is the host tether still in the game? I typically like hosting non-dedicated servers, and gaming and exploring with friends I know and trust, but the host tether was VERY hindering from keeping them from doing their own thing, and exploring the map without me.

So again I ask, console players, is the tether still around, and if it is, is there a way to disable or remove it? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, Was a lil heated about that. The tether is back

Hello again, survivors.

While I'm saddened by the delay for ARK Ascended on Playstation, this presents an opportunity for me to consider some preparations. First and foremost, I want ANYONE whose had a chance to try it out on Xbox, is the host tether still in the game? I typically like hosting non-dedicated servers, and gaming and exploring with friends I know and trust, but the host tether was VERY hindering from keeping them from doing their own thing, and exploring the map without me.

So again I ask, console players, is the tether still around, and if it is, is there a way to disable or remove it? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The non-dedicated tether distance being 200 meters is pretty ridiculous, and makes playing ASA with friends extremely limiting. I hope there are plans to change that in the near future.

Another major issue with the game is the Xbox series S version. The game is amazing on series X, (aside from the tether distance) but on series S the graphics are shockingly bad compared to the x.
I understand that there would naturally be a downgrade due to different capabilities of the two consoles, but it is such a huge difference that it legitimately seems like it was rushed and not optimised properly. It seems that certain graphical and texture elements are almost similar to the series X version, and others are a MAJOR downgrade (lighting, ground textures, etc). 

My brother and I have the same problem. I like to build and he runs around exploring, gathering, taming and generally gettin himself killed. We both play the game very differently. But it works for us when we have room to move. But not with the stupid short tether distance we can’t play the game at all. I stoped to look in my inventory, and he dragged me off a cliff and killed me. ASE is my favorite game. I was hoping ASA would have changed that but now I’m just annoyed and can’t play it. We tried on official, and people put random foundations down on every square inch of the map so new people can’t built, it’s so dumb. 

PLEASE Studio Wild Card, I pray you and the Ark gods, PLEASE increase the tether distance on XboX series X!! Non-dedicated multiplayer is UNPLAYABLE with it as short as it is. 

• Haha 1

Just adding my name to the list of people unhappy with 200 m tethering distance on the XBOX version. 

I play have been playing "evolved" with two of my friends for close to 2 years now.   We were all excited for "Ascended" and bought it immediately.  I realized the release would have some issues.  However, the tethering issue on non-dedicated servers has made the game unplayable for us.  We are going back to "Evolved" because "Ascended" continues to have issues with sound cutting out and the necessity for us to be within 200 m of each other.   

With only three of us, we will be moving on to other games rather than pay over $20 a month to rent a private server. 

I do realize the challenges that exist based on the games architecture, but if this is the best that can be done, I don't see myself shelling out money for Ark 2 next spring when I handed you guys $45 for something that doesn't fit my gaming needs (namely, the ability to play co-op with two friends).    I also believe it would have been fair to make us aware of this drastic limitation before we handed over our cash.   I say that as a stockholder in SNAIL. 

Thanks for your time.  Ark has been an amazing experience for us and I hope the new version will at some point live up to its predecessor. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 5:46 PM, Alundrell said:

My brother and I have the same problem. I like to build and he runs around exploring, gathering, taming and generally gettin himself killed. We both play the game very differently.

This comment made my day!
Hilarious and recognizable.

And yes, no need to keep the tether for non-dedicated or splitscreen.
Might even consider to patch it out of ASE for Series S/X and PS5 to compensate for ending official, these CPU's are much better than those from One X and PS4 that used to run ASE.

• Like 1

We got Ark Ascended, seeing as it's an upgrade to the previous ark and we thought Wildcard would've removed the tether constraints on splitscreen multiplayer. It appears the tether distance is shorter on PS5 and it often bugs, moving and sometimes even teleporting a character next to the original character.

Curious to know whether anyone else is seeing similar issues.

So I know this topic is discussed a lot and basically on xbox and playstation whenever you're playing with friends like on split screen, you have a certain distance that is way to short from your partner. This is at least in evolved. When you're playing with someone else it really limits what you can do, and it also for some reason glitches out cave systems so bad that neither person can go in. Is it possible to get this fixed? If so, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that we would all appreciate it.

I just don't think that wildcard is trying to fix it because they get no complaints from pc players because they cant play like that as well. If they fixed this they it would way improve the game for people and increase ratings, cause I've seen this complaint a lot. Like a ton. and it takes the fun away from the game. all though it can be helpful sometimes to annoy your brother by forcing him to follow you around... LOL

On 11/23/2023 at 2:22 AM, Gamefreak2 said:

My wife and I loved playing ark survival evolved and were thrilled with the announcement of ark survival ascended since it was a huge upgrade to the game we already loved

Now we finally got to play but there is no dedicated servers option for Xbox which is a huge disappointment, so then We tried a non dedicated session hoping the tethers wouldn’t be bad.

all that to find out the tether range is LESS THE. 200! 

that is no where near enough for a survival game of this size. we basically both have to be doing the same thing all the time which isn’t helpful when most of the time we need to divide and conquer to create great things

I hope this is changed because this is not feasible at all and it really kills the game for us

Same boat here. 

There is a tether option but changing it does nothing on xbox

Im surprised that the devs of ASA didn't remove this feature when the game launched yet it was still part of the old game. (ARK Survival Evolved)

its really upsetting that we can't enjoy or feel the game with this restriction, it really feels like a huge wall that we won't be start or progress in worlds we created.

Now I read some stuff on Reddit and Steam that "perhaps" it could be Snail Games just trying to get people to make servers from Nitrado so they won't have the problem but this is a huge money drop for people to get their money balance taken away, ASA has a exclusivity to Nitrado...

The Tether Distance is a very huge issue it upsets me that I can't enjoy a personal experience with my friends to complete the game. I don't want to start in a server it feels like a big head start especially learning the island and having a sense of wonder is amazing but having a boundary just you can't be free in a game is hurtful.

I hope Studio Wildcard, can remove this issue because I don't this game to become abandoned it has a lot of bugs but I'm not angry about I, but they will support the game and give care to it as much as they can they won't let it be a sad game that is left. Ark wont be left out they will keep this Dinosaur game because we had so much fun in that game, we can't let the game go to waste please we have big things in this game we can do.

(WILD CARD PLEASE FIX THIS...)

Edited by BigSkies45