Do we have spawn maps for ASA or anything? Where do Doed Spawn?

Peteed1

So the wiki has spawn map for ASE but Doedicurus don't seem correct becasue flying over the whole area it says there's 0 Doedicurus.

Someone found a couple down at 87, 78 which is way off from thier ASE spawn locations. They tamed one and I knocked the level 40 out but then server crashed and the Doedicurus no longer existed. Building a Stone dino pen out of Behemoth gates with a 100% hatchet is near impossible lol.

Why not make the gates ahead of time and bring them with you when you look for a doed?

You can rarely find them on the beaches north of herb island. I find they are more plentiful in the northern section of the map due to all the hills and mountains that they like to spawn in. Try flying along the edge of the snow, starting near beaver lake on towards the volcano. Often find them in the hilly areas along that route. Good luck finding one that isnt hurt already in which case you can always build around it and let it unball and heal up in relative safety.

12 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Why in the world would you use BE gates for a doed?  They can be tamed in a 1x2 pen.

I never said I was? I'm trying to tame a Doed so I can use it to gather stone to make Behemoth gates to make a dino pen to protect my tames at my base. Finding it impossible because hatchet gives barely any stone and I need 1350 per gate and many gates.

1 hour ago, Peteed1 said:

I never said I was? I'm trying to tame a Doed so I can use it to gather stone to make Behemoth gates to make a dino pen to protect my tames at my base. Finding it impossible because hatchet gives barely any stone and I need 1350 per gate and many gates.

Whew! Glad to hear it, that makes a lot more sense.

• Haha 1

along the west coast, in the northern area just before you hit the snow and the icebergs, there is a small barren peninsula that almost always has a doed, and an anky or two.  it's right near the water and you can pull your raft with a taming pen right up to the shore.

be careful though, there are lots of angry boys there as well.  you may have to clear out sabertooths, heyenadons, argy's, allos, and the occasional Rex.  you could also tame any of those while there as well.