Achievement Unlocked: Your first day…

Jatheish

3 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

Admitting the issues?  Transparency?  Really?   You want to know what transparency would have been?  How about not lying to everyone about the game releasing in october?  They knew from the start the game was never going to launch to pc and console in october even though they strait up said otherwise.   They knew there was no chance of it releasing by then, and they also knew about the loophole in the contract that would get them out of losing tons of money.  That is why they never gave a solid date and instead just gave a time frame.  Have you seen all the issues people are having playing right now?  Do you honestly think they didn't know about these issues when they sent it for certification?  They knew for a fact it was going to fail cert, that whole process was just a big show they were putting on.  They think like politicians, say whatever you have to to make people happy now and then ignore them and pretend everything it perfect when the truth comes out.  Kick the can down the road, deal with the fallout later.   That is how they have been from day one.  

So originally they said this game would release in August, then pushed it to October, now its November.  The next few weeks we will get a lot of "transparency"  from them about how much progress they are making and how things are on track and doing great but without ever giving a release date, they wont make a peep about the date all the way until the end of November, then they come out and say they need more time to make the game perfect and bla bla bla and say Q1 2024!  Then you wont hear much until may or june, then they will finally give a release date sometime in late june.  Will they hit that date? probably not.  You know how I know all this?  Because its the past repeating itself and because they already know this is how its going to go, they just are not going to say it until they have to because they are super "transparent" and all...

Now, would you like to talk about this super deal they struck with nitrado? The one they kept going on about how great it was?  Only it was only great for them. We are getting screwed over in that deal. sell the rights to one company, create a monopoly, make some quick cash, and we get bilked out of more money, unless you think tripling the price to us is fair?  

I understand your frustration, and I appreciate your detailed perspective on the situation. It's clear that you have concerns about the transparency and decision-making process of the developers. While I can empathize with your frustration, I'd like to provide a different viewpoint on a few aspects you mentioned.

Firstly, game development is a complex process, and unforeseen issues can arise even in the final stages. Stating that something went wrong with the multiplayer component right before launch isn't uncommon in the gaming industry. Developers often encounter unexpected bugs or challenges during the testing phase, which might not have been apparent earlier.

Regarding your concerns about the game's state, it's important to note that game requirements evolve over time due to advancements in technology and game complexity. As for the issues you mentioned, like the console admin problem, it's commendable that the team acted swiftly to address it. Game stability and server performance are continuous concerns, especially with a large player base. While there's room for improvement, addressing these challenges within a short timeframe demonstrates the developers' dedication.

Regarding the deal with Nitrado, I understand your frustration with the increased costs. Monopolies often lead to higher prices for consumers, and it's unfortunate that players are bearing the brunt of this situation.

It's essential to keep providing feedback and holding developers accountable. Your passion for the game's improvement is evident, and I hope that the developers will continue to address these concerns and work towards a better gaming experience for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Y’all are asking for a lot of faith and goodwill when you’ve done nothing to show that yall deserve it what makes this time different ya can’t even give a console release date just November is it this November next November November 2077???? I know the devs couldn’t care less if I bought the game or not but when ya don’t care for long enough all the people ya turned away will add up and you’ll have worse player numbers than anthem 

12 hours ago, NikolazzzOwl said:

This poop doesn't cost 40$.

The price was okay and i could close my eyes on optimization but when u doubled it it got me dead(and i couldn't buy the fckin game)💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

It didn’t double the price. They had it discounted for a short while since they released it late due to some engineering problems. It supposed to be 40 dollars, that is the price they set it for.

11 hours ago, Coldyongwatchingyou said:

No, game studios can change price for every country. I saw some games costs 1000 usd in Argentina or some Ukrainian studios that makes game cost extremely high for Russia

The reason for the price change is because it was on discount for releasing late or steam had it on sale for a short while. The price was always suppose to be 40 dollars USD, nothing was supposed to change that.

10 hours ago, pet1ke said:

You definetly didnt fix 95% of server crashes because there are more servers offline than yesterday, you are just making up numbers to try please the crowd but you obviously didnt realize we are the people who actually experience these things, we dont just say they crashed again but we experience the server going down so many times that we have to find a new server, than after 40 minutes of playing on it, it also gets into a loop of crashing and so on. saying 95% is just a crazy thing to do in your position.

They might have fixed 95% of the original crashes. But when you fix something new, the rabbit hole begins. That fix might have caused more and bigger bugs to come out into the system that were inactive. It’ll take time.

Where is this week's community crunch?? As not everyone uses poopecord or poopter(X) as there to much bs on there..or is it your to scared to put one up this week where you have screwed over us console players yet again and giving us bs excuses about how you found a problem last minute before release and can't handle the truth that you screwed up big time ...

• Thanks 1

Hey. How much does it cost to hire 70 ppl for 8 hrs to try game before someone will release beta?

Nevermind. Keep us posted with info about console, so we can play together. And if you cannot handle not fully crashing game in 2023, as already forseen by QA this year, please, try to release single player first. At least. Not only empty words.

Thx

7 hours ago, Vaskur said:

The one issue, that really sealed the deal, that I´m clearly never going to buy ASA, even if it´s on sale is the decision to give Nitrado a monolpoly on servers. 
I mean... aside from the fact that it´s still just upgraded normal Ark and the game itself lost it´s appeal. 
So wake me up when Ark 2 releases in maybe.. 10 years?

what? ....too optimistic? 

10 years? Nice. At least 1 optimistic person here

"Survived your first day" So, "First Day Impressions" huh? Welp; I've been paying close attention to all the post launch stuff that's been going on, because I've been curious about it cause I really like Ark, and been somewhat enjoying getting a good look at that ole Syntac buddy checking out the A.S.A.

So far, from what I've been seeing; from the launch trailer, the leaked early game test footage, and all the various YouTubers getting their first like five, one hour long, episodes posted in just 24 hours; and from what I've been hearing, or reading, from everyone here and elsewheres on the internet; you want to know what my first impression of A.S.A. is?

......That It's Fake. And what do I mean by that? What I mean is that A.S.A. is supposed to be a "Remaster" of A.S.E. yes? Everything is supposed to be remade from the ground up, yes? All the main issues with A.S.E. that were never fixed because "It would be too difficult to swim through the ocean of old code and get all the tangles out without breaking the entire game" were supposed to finally be fixed because you "Redid the entire codebase from the ground up" yes? Well, A.S.A. is released as "Early Access", so I guess it's possible that you wc might actually do these things later on in some future update; but as it currently stands right now, none of these things are done.

A.S.A. may be a "Remaster" of A.S.E., but it's a "Fake Remaster". 

You say that you rebuilt everything from the ground up, but do you want to know what you actually did?

Or, if it really is true and you did actually rebuild everything from the ground up, then do you want to know what the game looks like you actually did? Cause if you did do this, then you did it unbelievably terribly considering the 8 years of feedback that you've gotten from the community.

What it looks like you, wc, did; that is to say, what my first impression of the game is; is that you:

1) Imported A.S.E. into UE5 to create A.S.A. without actually changing anything about it. Because all, and I do mean ALL, of the original major bugs that we've been complaining about for the last 8 years appear to still be there. Also, most of the creature models look exactly the same(aside from some minor touch-ups and the added beautification of the UE5 lighting).

2) Imported assets from Atlas into A.S.A. in order to "fix" the few things from A.S.E. that you did fix when you made Atlas. Example; the new building mechanics and pieces, the character creator, the general aesthetic of what textures and items you do appear to have reskinned. (All things which are not "new fixes" as they've all been around since Atlas was made and launched back in 2018)

Things which, for those of you who remember, were supposed to come to A.S.E... When Atlas launched wc said, and I'm paraphrasing here but you get the idea, that; "We're super excited to share this new journey with you as we explore new and greater technologies. We'll be learning a lot about video game creation as we start this new Early Access project which will grow alongside A.S.E. into the future. This doesn't mean that we'll be focusing less on A.S.E.; on the contrary; we will continue to further develop A.S.E. alongside Atlas. This is a grand opportunity for A.S.E.'s future as what we learn from developing Atlas, new ways of coding and various ways to fix things in A.S.E. that aren't quite ideal, we will bring over from Atlas to A.S.E. and vice versa what new things we learn as we continue to develop future A.S.E. content we will bring over to Atlas. 

I was excited about this statement back when Atlas was made, because I was excited about the things which you did fix and I was looking forward to them being brought over to A.S.E. when you could get around to it. 5 years later, here those promised things still haven't come to A.S.E. but you want us to rebuy the game again so that we can get these fixes in A.S.A. I don't need to rebuy Ark just for these simple fixes wc. I already have Atlas if I want to play Atlas, and I can use mods to bring these fixes to A.S.E. if I really want them. What I want from a "remaster" that I'll have to buy again is a true Remaster that has actually fixed more than just what was already fixed 5 years ago.

Even worse, I bet you didn't add the 1 thing from Atlas that would really have sparked hype and excitement if added to A.S.A. (The really cool ship building).

Then you 3) Imported ideas, and possibly also assets, from the Ark Modding Community in order to add "new things" to A.S.A.; such as the idea for wild babies.

4) You actually did indeed completely redo the landscape terrain of The Island map which looks absolutely phenomenal as you, wc, are indeed extraordinary at doing 1 particular video game thing. (You Are Amazing As A Studio At Creating Video Game Landscapes!) Truly amazing, yes indeed a praise for A.S.A... After which you took advantage of the new UE5 engine to make both the in-game lighting and water look stunningly beautiful; although there are some aspects of the water which I view as being really dumb.(The bubble effect which does not look realistic but only irritating and blinding). However, much of these lighting and water effects were actually available when you made Atlas. Again, A.S.A.'s aesthetic looks very Atlas-like.

5) You tweaked the creature AI just ever so slightly in order to give the impression that you overhauled the pathfinding AI. I say tweaked, because the new pathfinding AI appears to only work so far as the non-destructible terrain is concerned. A major reason why you never did this for A.S.E.? Because you would have to have completely redone the terrain of the maps to make this work properly? As creatures still surprisingly easily get stuck on the destructible trees and rocks while they follow the non-destructible terrain almost perfectly.

One new, very weird, immersion breaking thing that this results in; is creatures twirling in circles as they "try to figure out how to path-find around the destructible terrain" instead of simply getting stuck on it. Syntac killed an Alpha Raptor, albeit a low level one, at an incredibly early stage of the gameplay (Episode 2) because the Alpha Raptor kept twirling in circles and walking very slowly as it tried to figure out how to climb up a large destructible rock that only took Syntac a few scared screaming tries to figure out how to simply "float up" this rock which did not look like a rock that we would have been able to climb up so easily on foot in A.S.E. which kinda breaks immersion when climbing up the destructible rocks. All the while, Syntac peppered it with arrows as instead of fleeing or charging in pain and/or anger, the Alpha Raptor merely twirled and walked slowly as it eyed him angrily below the rock which was very easy to walk up.

Even worse, after the Alpha Raptor did figure out how to climb up after him, as soon as the Alpha Raptor dropped back off the rock it had to start again from 0 on "trying to figure out" how to get at him.

These new changes to the creature AI have also resulted in strange "stops" and "stutters" in their actions which feel less immersive than the A.S.E. creature AI as these A.S.A. creatures now have to "try to figure out" how to take every single step. Combine that with that I'm seeing the same clunky movements and animations from A.S.E. which are immersion breaking when the stunning background behind these clunky movements does not match them.

At which point you; 6) Released the game on October 25; oh, wait, I mean October 26; but only for PC cause you need the PC players to pay you for the privilege of being Beta Testers again, along with apparently deciding to make good on that Nitrado contract, but not for console because you found a game breaking bug at the last second which these 2 extra months had not been enough time for you to find and for some reason even though the bug only affects the multiplayer mode of the game you were not able to at least release the single player mode for them. It actually somewhat makes me question if this statement is even true. 

The final conclusion of all this rambling being, that my first impression of the game is that I am not seeing a "Remaster" here; but instead am seeing the original A.S.E. with a few extra pieces and a glossy coat of paint. The few extra pieces of which were not only supposed to come and essentially promised to A.S.E., but that I technically can get on A.S.E. with mods if I want. So for A.S.A., all I'm paying for is the glossy coat of paint which I can't even appreciate because to get the game to play effectively I'd have to turn all that stuff down to the point where they are almost off.

I'm being honest here wc; I would indeed pay you $5; or maybe even $10; for these extra pieces, glossy coat of paint, beta tester privilege, and Atlas aesthetic even though I kinda preferred the original A.S.E. aesthetic for a lot of things. But I'ma not going to pay you $40 for the game that I have already bought from you with just this glossy paints.

Again, I say, give me a $20 DLC for A.S.E.; with these Atlas imported fixes, wild babies, new items, and the new creatures. All these things could be easily added to A.S.E. which would double your revenue stream as you'd have new payments from both A.S.E. and A.S.A. I don't need the glossy paint, the cool Atlas water, the redesigned map terrain, the other redesigned visual assets, or even the new creature AI. Just give me the fixed building mechanics, new pieces, new items, wild babies, and new creatures in a nice $20 DLC for A.S.E.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, krupi said:

Hey. How much does it cost to hire 70 ppl for 8 hrs to try game before someone will release beta?

Nevermind. Keep us posted with info about console, so we can play together. And if you cannot handle not fully crashing game in 2023, as already forseen by QA this year, please, try to release single player first. At least. Not only empty words.

Nothing, its free.  They used to have this thing called "beta testing"  They would let a few thousand people play the game months before release and then have a good idea of what needs fixing and then fix it before the release date.  Now they use the term beta test as a preorder bonus.  Basically a glorified demo that serves no purpose other than getting people to spend their money.  Seems beta testing and release dates are a thing of the past..

• Thanks 1

I love how every single game creator Rn is sponsoring ps5 and ps4 players sit back relax and try to get outside and get money to own the same console. Asa is litteraly the richer uncle version of ark. THE ONLY THING THAT IS BETTER IS THE GRAPHICS. If peeps can make super sick blender animations on crappy Chromebooks how come ps4 can't handle this. In general just console. I think game creators have had a favoritism of pc's but I'm not paying 15k for a piece of LED metal.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, RevangE said:

I understand your frustration, and I appreciate your detailed perspective on the situation. It's clear that you have concerns about the transparency and decision-making process of the developers. While I can empathize with your frustration, I'd like to provide a different viewpoint on a few aspects you mentioned.

Firstly, game development is a complex process, and unforeseen issues can arise even in the final stages. Stating that something went wrong with the multiplayer component right before launch isn't uncommon in the gaming industry. Developers often encounter unexpected bugs or challenges during the testing phase, which might not have been apparent earlier.

Regarding your concerns about the game's state, it's important to note that game requirements evolve over time due to advancements in technology and game complexity. As for the issues you mentioned, like the console admin problem, it's commendable that the team acted swiftly to address it. Game stability and server performance are continuous concerns, especially with a large player base. While there's room for improvement, addressing these challenges within a short timeframe demonstrates the developers' dedication.

Regarding the deal with Nitrado, I understand your frustration with the increased costs. Monopolies often lead to higher prices for consumers, and it's unfortunate that players are bearing the brunt of this situation.

It's essential to keep providing feedback and holding developers accountable. Your passion for the game's improvement is evident, and I hope that the developers will continue to address these concerns and work towards a better gaming experience for everyone.

To expand on this a little further from the consumer side wildcard could have released the single player portion to appease the console players since there wasn't any issues on that side of the game and yes while game development is a complex and often rough process they had to have known about the multiplayer issues at least a week or so beforehand due to the fact that before going for cert they beta test everything on their own company servers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NomisX said:

Jesus man... i was really hype about the release of Ark Asa but Console version are delayed and now i hear that i wont be able to make my own dedicated server like i did with Ark Ase because of some Nitrado bull***t so i wont be able to have fun with my friends unless i pay Nitrado to open a Private Server yeah F*** That i'm not buying the game... sux i was really exited to play Ark again :( 

They fixed this now, NeddyTheNoodle and Zenrowe (Zen is a WC employee who works with Modding side of thing) confirmed this today.

Edited by OverRannus

28 minutes ago, legendmac31300 said:

To expand on this a little further from the consumer side wildcard could have released the single player portion to appease the console players since there wasn't any issues on that side of the game and yes while game development is a complex and often rough process they had to have known about the multiplayer issues at least a week or so beforehand due to the fact that before going for cert they beta test everything on their own company servers.

It was certified by Microsoft and Sony and was only the day of the launch that they found the problem. So it was a background check from WC devs that found the problem, not Microsoft or Sony. They caught it that day and had to make a quick call. And they delayed it.

6 hours ago, RevangE said:

I agree with most of this, but the Nitrado was a big thing. They weren’t letting people host their own servers unless it was through Nitrado or were kicking them off the servers people were hosting from their computers for large groups. It was serious mess that was fixed earlier by the help of YouTubers and others.

But other than that. I agree with everything. I’m a Console player, but I’m not mad about the delay or how PC is out now and console isn’t and I’m not saying that it’s not fair. It was an issue with multiplayer that snuck passed the certification process and they had to delay the game because of it.

Could they have done it better, maybe. But they didn’t have much time to go through what they could have, so they delayed it. And I’m fine with it, I am sad it’s delayed. But I am excited to see what it’ll look like!!!