ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on Steam!!

StudioWildcard

Maybe I am just ignorant to the process, but it says the critical issue for console is with the multiplayer. 
I appreciate not wanting to release that until it’s fixed, but couldn’t single player still be released with the upfront transparency that a multiplayer patch is in the works and should be released in November? 
I just want to play🫠

Edited by Kyletayor419
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Такой серьезный плевок фанатам Ark, спасибо за повышение цены! Зная что она стоила 1350 рублей я не готов ее покупать за 3798 р. И тут дело не в финансах. Спасибо от фаната который поддерживал вас покупая все дополнения к ARK   

I read a comment earlier on mentioning spamming the map off. I honestly hope to god that spam doesn't return. It's ugly, broken and stupid. I remember before the ASE servers went down, i saw an island map covered with spam. Completely covered. There were no nodes, no trees, rocks, bushes etc. It was disgusting. Spam should not be allowed, make spam decay alot quicker please

Edited by Chrysa1is

Q: Hey guys, not trying to pry or be judgmental about anything you guys are doing great. But I am just curious about how console performance is going to be this time around for ps5 and xbox x/s etc. Seeing as ase even on the next gen consoles still struggled to maintain a stable framerate, and just wondering about how the game will run for us. Because I have also been bouncing around YT watching some people having issues as far as framerate goes and having to lower their graphical settings to get decent performance. Just curious is all and the game does look great otherwise, great job!

Heyo, Xbox player here, and I’m very upset about the delay. I understand wanting everything being top-notch for release, but I still feel insanely cheated. If ASA hadn’t launched on Steam already, or if the consoles just launched at the same time with single player only until the multiplayer issues were resolved (if that were possible), it’s simply not fair. I was counting my dollars and getting ready to buy this game as soon as it dropped this month, since I finally had enough money to upgrade to the Xbox Series X that could probably run it better than my PC ever could, and now I can’t even play at all. I don’t have the money to get a better PC and the game both, I simply don’t. I play mainly on single player only anyway since I don’t really have any friends that play ARK to play with, most people on official servers are so mean to new players anyway, and I don’t always have the time to jump on and play. Knowing it was delayed for multiplayer reasons only really irks me, especially knowing it probably could’ve launched with at least single player the same time as Steam did, but didn’t. I’m not a programmer, I don’t know how things work and I’m trying to be sympathetic, but I’m just so upset that us console players continuously get crapped on for not owning it on Steam and a monster PC to play it on. First it was the weeklong delay between the Steam and console launch of Extinction, now the potentially month-long delay between the Steam and console launch of ASA. I am aware that Sony and Microsoft are harder and slower to get their certifications through than Steam, but the thing that makes me upset is that Steam has it and is experiencing everything while console doesn’t even get a date, no matter how vague. I wanted to experience it with everyone else, not experience it through videos like I had to do Extinction in ASE. I hope the DLCs that are included with ASA are all launched at the same time as well, since I want to be able to witness my favorite expansion map, Aberration, with it in my hands rather than on a video from someone who has ASA on Steam. I am still going to buy the game on Xbox when it comes out, but I’m definitely not ecstatic about the very vague delay for November, especially since originally it was slated for a unanimous October release. At least try to estimate early/mid/late Nov. for the fix and subsequent launch so we, the console players as a whole, aren’t left hanging wondering if we’re actually getting the game before Christmas or 2024, please

Edited by TheGarlicBrusher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

It's not the delays (however annoying they are) that are making me question a day one purchase, it's the fact that legacy issues like meshing and rafts phasing into one another still exist.

Unacceptable to "rewrite" the code as they put it, but still have the same glaring almost game breaking issues.

Makes me wonder what other stuff they didn't bother to fix.

Are you kidding me? They haven't fixed or actually added raft collision? So i can make pokers again and poke the raft graphics through someone elses raft and blow it up from inside?

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Chrysa1is said:

I read a comment earlier on mentioning spamming the map off. I honestly hope to god that spam doesn't return. It's ugly, broken and stupid. I remember before the ASE servers went down, i saw an island map covered with spam. Completely covered. There were no nodes, no trees, rocks, bushes etc. It was disgusting. Spam should not be allowed, make spam decay alot quicker please

Actually I've seen PC players saying they are spam blocking as much as possible to hurt console players when they finally get access to the cluster. 

15 minutes ago, Chrysa1is said:

Are you kidding me? They haven't fixed or actually added raft collision? So i can make pokers again and poke the raft graphics through someone elses raft and blow it up from inside?

Yup. I watched a bunch of HODs stream. They were in a raft and another guy phased his raft right through their walls.

The hit reg also seems just as bad as ever. They had an argy trapped in their raft and you could clearly see them connecting with arrows but not getting hit markers. 

I'm actually astonished at how little WC has actually fixed from ASE.

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yup. I watched a bunch of HODs stream. They were in a raft and another guy phased his raft right through their walls.

The hit reg also seems just as bad as ever. They had an argy trapped in their raft and you could clearly see them connecting with arrows but not getting hit markers. 

I'm actually astonished at how little WC has actually fixed from ASE.

booooooo i dont want ark fixed i just want more things to do and this to enterian me

1 hour ago, Kyletayor419 said:

Maybe I am just ignorant to the process, but it says the critical issue for console is with the multiplayer. 
I appreciate not wanting to release that until it’s fixed, but couldn’t single player still be released with the upfront transparency that a multiplayer patch is in the works and should be released in November? 
I just want to play🫠

Right? Singleplayer would be better than nothing. Especially since it seems PC is also having critical multi-player issues at the release anyway.

11 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

To be fair....technically if I recall they didn't say they were on track to release it on ''all platforms simultaneously'' so, as a PS5 player I fully expected the staggered release based on the vague language and history. Disappointed? Yes, a bit. At the moment, having seen some footage (I don't want to see too much and spoil some of the surprises for myself), my biggest question is how dumbed down the game will look on consoles and how much less stable. I'm hoping as the engine itself gets updated and they work more on it, it might get better in due course. Concern wise, I have a bit more of those over artwork and animations. I was hoping to see more fluid and varied animations for the creatures, especially the older ones that didn't have a TLC. Also, I'm a little bit surprised that the grey rocks have been dropped making everything on the ground blend it a bit too much and looking overal a bit more ''generic''? I do hope there is alot more artwork changes in due time.

The creatures are one of the things I really hope get updates/improvements. The updated textures look pretty good, and the fur/feathers look better, too, but the older models/rigs feel out-of-place in such a lush environment.

And this is okay with me, as I know the focus has been on improving the creature AI, the building system, the menus, and the character creation system. WC had to pick their battles, and rebuilding all those things from the ground up was a big battle. The existing dinos are fine as placeholders, but given their choices to do TLC passes in the past, I'd wager WC doesn't want the existing models to be there forever.

Dear Wildcard,

please adress the serious fps-issues.

I've tested the game with 3080, Ryzen 9 7900x3D 12core, 64gb ram on m2 ssd and I got 20-30fps on medium settings and max 40fps on lowest settings.

This is not a state a game should be running on the recommended graphics card.

Not even in early access.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 1