ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on Steam!!

StudioWildcard

Anyone who has played Ark knows that their unwillingness to put out a date for console most likely means it won't come until some time Q1 of 2024. Don't worry console players, they'll give you a 2 times event for a weekend that they won't give to PC and I'm sure that will make up for the lost 3 months before they open CrossArk. Then in usual fashion, PC players will have modded the heck out of the game and there will be aimbots and meshing that will ruin the game again and render it unplayable. But it's all good, Wildcard et. al. will have gotten their money and continue not to care about the state of their game.

Edited by Hazarmaveth
  • Facepalm 1

I’ve been following this game since the day it was first released, there have almost always been problems or delays regarding the release date, this time I was hoping that everything would be more professional at least out of appreciation for your loyal fans after so many problems through the last years. 

I think many of us were quite disappointed that you delayed the console release at the last minute. You could at least give us an exact or more precise release date, rather than telling us November….. November, when? A week from now is November or we will have to wait a month, which will also be November….

Edited by Nadia2281
  • Like 2

Lol see I called it. They only had to have the pc version out because of the Nitrado contract. To be honest I think it will be delayed longer because of bug issues. I do like the new land scapes and the water looks great. But If anyone notice how, if you really look close and compare all the Dino with old ark and new ark they all look the same. Plus beaver dams are a dead give away it from the old version. So what I am saying most of old are just been rendered or generated in unreal 5. So I almost bet. All the old bugs we all know in console version is all still there. Like I said one of the big scams in gaming history. Lol doesn’t mean I won’t play new ark. The new environment, shaders, light and water. Might just be worth playing anyway. I do like this game. But if wildcard just told truth about all of this I think people would be less hostile about it and more understanding. Instead of calling it new ark and all the other bull from the pass 1 year to 6 months. They could have just called it a dramatic or enhanced environment upgrade. A new upgrade. We all might have had a total and different reaction to all of this. Lies are lies. Telling the truth to your fan base and explaining why. Would have changed how things might have been. The reactions might have been completely positive. People are more understanding than you might think wildcard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Everybody knows that studio wildcard and snail games did this on purpose as long as they got one version out before the end of October they weren't going to have to deal with any more lawsuits so they got their PC out but you know nothing for consoles as always oh something went wrong with our console release so we're going to jerk our sausages here and and we're going to say November which we'll be delayed again because that's all they ever do

• Like 1

“Everything is on track” for a whole month, and then you find a problem on launch day? Are you reptaring kidding? You couldn’t find it two weeks ago? Absolute bullpoop lead up with no info and the instead of surprise release it’s a surprise delay. So glad to be starting from way behind once again with this bullpoop. IF it even releases.

To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement. You people said Consoles were on track. not once did you people tell us "oh now you'll have to wait."  A lot of us would have been less angry with you if you PEOPLE knew how to communicate! it do you guys 7 hours! 7 HOURS! To finally say why Consoles were getting screwed over. You should have communicated as soon as you released the video on youtube! But did you no, It took 7 hours of silence and you people only talking about steam. The largest player base on console and you screwed them over.  I would have been happy playing the game playing singleplayer while you people worked on the issues. But again WC doesn't use their brains nor use their Typing skills nor talking. You hide away from the backlash you made. Instead of talking to the community that you made leaving us far more pissed off because you guys have absolutely ZERO communication skills. But again who cares about Console right since you needed to get ASA out before november or you would lose money because of snail game am I right? 

But no if you guys really cared for the Consoles you would have said something. at the same time that the trailer was put out. But no you left players angry and wondering why AGAIN there was a massive delay. All we get is just November, when November? November 1st? November 30th? WHEN WILDCARD!!

• Like 3

Look I think most of us don't want to play a game that has some major bugs in it as a gaming community we appreciate a good game with as little bugs as possible how ever the biggest issue with wild card is they are notorious for a few things 1 lack of communication this time around 2 constant delays and screwing over their console players we get it PC is easier to patch then console this is the 3rd or 4th time they postponed the launch for consoles just like when they did events everyone on console would suffer through the first week only to get 2 extra days to try and catch up from the first week we couldn't play

Honestly, I kinda expected this to happen because WC was not giving importance to the Mobile Community. But I'm still mad. Now they reject the Console Community too. You know, truth is that I now have both versions... and it is very wrong form WC to say "it will be available as soon as we can", and then delay it again and to certain community. 

Maybe it's because of the money WC wants to make, I don't know; but because of this I will NOT be playing on console anymore (and I just got ARK for PS5).

Hope Mobile stays like it is right now because depite the bugs, graphics etc. I don't want it to be RUINED like ARK for PS was.

I'm not saying that WC is a bad studio, only that it's decisions are REALLY wrong for now.

Edited by Blinker

I wonder how many communities will be blocked from hosting their own games, and forced to stick with ASE.  I'm reading comment after comment from people saying they won't buy this until there is a reasonable option for private hosting.  I am one of them. 

Though I am disappointed W/C would allow such harm to an entity that has generated so much success (private hosting community), I am not at all surprised.  I have been involved with ARK since its original release.  Where it really counts the developers and publishers have proven to me time and time again, that supporting the gaming community with quality well thought out content is NOT their priority.  Rather selling what they can, when they can, no matter how broken it is.  You can thank the creative gaming community for the success ARK had.

I don't know what you did wrong to create a situation where small communities can not host this game, but if you don't find a better way forward I can not imagine the new game will have anywhere NEAR the same success.  Just take a look through your steam page for ASE, do you see ANY other games on that platform with the same level of community engagement?  Private hosting was the reason for this.  Don't turn your backs on us.

Our community will just stick to ASE until we hear further word on this issue.

10 hours ago, Rep said:

I have some very heated feelings towards the years of anti consumer decisions made by Wild card over the years so I would be the last person to step in to defend them but on this topic specifically i have to say something.

One of the inherent benefits of PC gaming is literally the ease of applying patches and updates.

Not sure why you would get upset or offended that they were able to push the PC version out? Has nothing to do with what kind of PC you have or what you can afford, heck a PS5 is like the same cost of a mid range PC nowadays. 

Sorry you can't play with us but this is one of the very reasons I prefer to PC game to begin with for the ease of mods and patches. Not really a wildcard thing and to hold it back from PC players for no reason would be a worse idea.

Think of it as us beta testing the roughest version before it gets to console.

As long as they wipe the servers and start fresh when the console versions launch right?  

8 hours ago, thelegendarydodo said:

could be months to year and I'm not sure the bugs will have been taken care of as well

I dont see it hitting consoles until at the earliest spring, and thats a reach, I think june/July is a little more realistic.  Just take a look at their track record and you can get a pretty decent idea when the game will actually come out.

So heres been the experience so far:

• Waited for PC release at 7pm. Ended up releasing at almost 1:45am so downloaded game and went to bed.
  • Logged in this morning to read the servers had already been wiped once...
  • Had roughly 3 crashes/errors that booted me out of the game completely which:
  • ...let me try to log back in only to see the server, like many others, was capped and I couldnt get back in
  • Do not see the "login queues". I have to keep clicking/refreshing to try to join a server.
  • Server I ended up on: NA-PVE-5176 has crashed completely 2x and rolled us back a few mins
  • As of now, it crashed and has been offline completely the past 15 mins or so.
  • EDIT: Looks like the server came up and is already capped...

I guess this is a typical day?

Edited by JetJaguar
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Peter1990 said:

We waited just as long as the rest. Release it at the same time or delay it. But they dont care. Everyone waited. But even now not even a date for console. I think they lose allot of players because of this.

Good job again🤣

It's not the delays (however annoying they are) that are making me question a day one purchase, it's the fact that legacy issues like meshing and rafts phasing into one another still exist.

Unacceptable to "rewrite" the code as they put it, but still have the same glaring almost game breaking issues.

Makes me wonder what other stuff they didn't bother to fix.