Atlas 'tame house' feature coming to ASA?

Luizza

Although I've been pretty cheesed off with WC over last couple of months, I'm over that now and starting to get hyped.

One thing that is still annoying me though is the removal of cryos, but then I got thinking. Over the last few weeks I've been dabbling in Atlas and there's a few QOL features there which I think may be added to ASA and may be part of the reason cryos won't be as essential before Extinction as we think.

What if they added a tame house, barn or hatchery to ASA?

For those that don't know, these are structures you can store your tames, like stables, and you can even breed and mature creatures inside the structures too - all inside a compact structure. No need to imprint or keep an eye on them, no major impact spacially on the server.

My main issue with lack of cryos is the returning need for a massive base to house dinos and ofc hitting tame caps. If those issues were solved by a 'tame house' then moving creatures across the map at 3am after taming doesn't sound so bad, that part was fun after all.

What does anyone else think? Could this be a possibility?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thekuervito said:

Its like in conan exiles?put food and produce poop or in a a stone animal(no remember the name) put stone and make gold,silver or metal?

Yeah u put the tames in, some food (altho one of them doesn't take food, can't remember which) and you get ready made fertilizer out. As for breeding you just enable or disable breeding from a specific structure UI and then they gestate, are born and mature all without ever coming out. Shows mutations on babies too. Quite nifty.

Edited by Luizza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, I've been thinking along much the same lines. Bringing stables in as a building will allow all the dino storage of pods but without removing the value of things like mobile bases, disrupting gameplay like running caravans or the really not fun 'pocket gigas' meta.

Personally, I'd be happy to see dino storage buildings replace cryos altogether. 

59 minutes ago, VidarFeral said:

Agreed, I've been thinking along much the same lines. Bringing stables in as a building will allow all the dino storage of pods but without removing the value of things like mobile bases, disrupting gameplay like running caravans or the really not fun 'pocket gigas' meta.

Personally, I'd be happy to see dino storage buildings replace cryos altogether. 

Cryos are the single best addition this games ever had, but theyre not perfect either.

I would run pocket microraptor. It was really fun and people would never expect it.

However I do see the problem with pocket Gigas and their use in PvP. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater though.

Having a mandatory 1 or 2 minute period of knocked out cryosickness every time you deploy a pocket dino would solve the issue without completely eliminating all the positives that come with cryos.

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Cryos are the single best addition this games ever had, but theyre not perfect either.

I would run pocket microraptor. It was really fun and people would never expect it.

However I do see the problem with pocket Gigas and their use in PvP. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater though.

Having a mandatory 1 or 2 minute period of knocked out cryosickness every time you deploy a pocket dino would solve the issue without completely eliminating all the positives that come with cryos.

I can see a cryosickness in PvP but there is no point of having this in PvE.