Ark Survival Ascendant Release Date

Vanny

I've missed all the announcements about them retiring legacy PVE servers until this past weekend.  All the articles I read on Google indicated they would fire up the newer platform (Survival Ascendant) with the better engine as soon as the other servers were wiped on Oct 1.  But when I go into my Steam shop, I don't see any such game.  Does any one know if their plans changed?

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Vanny said:

I've missed all the announcements about them retiring legacy PVE servers until this past weekend.  All the articles I read on Google indicated they would fire up the newer platform (Survival Ascendant) with the better engine as soon as the other servers were wiped on Oct 1.  But when I go into my Steam shop, I don't see any such game.  Does any one know if their plans changed?

Ark Survival Ascended is coming at the end of October.

Their plans were never to get it out as soon as ASE officials closed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vanny said:

Reading the Community Crunch is your friend.

If there were any articles stating "they would fire up the newer platform (Survival Ascendant) the better engine as soon as the other servers were wiped on Oct 1" those articles were by uninformed writers, WC has never said that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Ark Survival Ascendant Release Date
12 hours ago, GP said:

Their plans were never to get it out as soon as ASE officials closed.

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

WC has never said that.

perhaps they just misinterpreted WC's sentences when he announced "the shutdown of the servers in conjunction with the arrival of the new ASA" they didn't specify the ASA date but someone who reads less carefully (or the careless word of mouth) thought they meant "at the same time"

- in the first comunication from WC:

Official Servers: With the launch of ASA at the end of August, we will be taking down all Official Servers on....

11 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

Reading the Community Crunch is your friend.

........ those articles were by uninformed writers

This

Edited by CervantesMor
  • Thanks 1

no no.   remember the file size potential?  they may make efforts to reduce the file size, but it will still be quite large (my guess).

plus there will be opening day hiccups.

I say release it on a Thursday, so that I can download it Thursday night.  the emergency update can happen Friday afternoon, and I'm ready to play Friday when I get home from work.

-if I were king.

I'm sure I am not the only one waiting to hear some news in regards to an official release date even if we don't see any gameplay. 
I've been searching all over for any news, me & our tribe, especially with the ability to play with them across different platforms. 

Sure reading the community crunch is a way to stay well informed on ASA news, but if we use common sense when it comes to any news regarding this upgraded version of the game, we'd be asking questions like....

• No pre-orders (sure they didn't want to release it as an early access, but they have nothing, no screenshots, no gameplay footage, nothing the players can see).
  • Nothing on any of the stores (Steam, MS store nor PSN)
  • Whether it had early access or not, there would normally be a "Coming soon" in the stores (digital stores of course).
  • No official release date tells some of us that more than likely they themselves are not even sure if they'll be  releasing the game any time soon.
  • WC does not have the best track record for releasing anything on whatever date they claim content or a game would release; this tells me that we will not be seeing this game release in October, let alone this year.
  • Why shut down ASE official servers weeks before releasing the game?
  • If they don't release this month, I believe they'll be facing some issues with Nitrado. 
  • Once again we have no solid information, footage, screenshots, pre-orders nor a solid release date.

This is why reading the community crunch isn't enough for many of us.  Plus look up the issues the parent company has, financial issues and horrible investments.

Edited by GSreaperwolf72
To add more information.
  • Thanks 1

il 10/11/2023 alle 7:28, Joebl0w13 scrive:

Direi che è possibile come sta accadendo in questo momento.

12 ore fa, GSreaperwolf72 ha detto:

Sono sicuro di non essere l'unico ad aspettare di sentire qualche notizia in merito a una data di uscita ufficiale, anche se non vediamo alcun gameplay.
Ho cercato dappertutto qualsiasi notizia, io e la nostra tribù, specialmente con la possibilità di giocare con loro su diverse piattaforme.

Certo, leggere il crunch della community è un modo per rimanere ben informati sulle notizie dell'ASA, ma se usiamo il buon senso quando si tratta di notizie riguardanti questa versione aggiornata del gioco, ci faremmo domande come...

• Nessun pre-ordine (certo non volevano rilasciarlo come accesso anticipato, ma non hanno nulla, nessuno screenshot, nessun filmato di gioco, niente che i giocatori possano vedere).
  • Niente su nessuno degli store (Steam, MS store o PSN)
  • Indipendentemente dal fatto che avesse l'accesso anticipato o meno, normalmente ci sarebbe un "Coming soon" nei negozi (negozi digitali ovviamente).
  • Nessuna data di uscita ufficiale dice ad alcuni di noi che molto probabilmente loro stessi non sono nemmeno sicuri se rilasceranno il gioco in tempi brevi.
  • WC non ha il miglior track record per il rilascio di qualsiasi cosa in qualsiasi data affermi che il contenuto o un gioco sarebbe stato rilasciato; questo mi dice che non vedremo l'uscita di questo gioco a ottobre, figuriamoci quest'anno.
  • Perché chiudere i server ufficiali di ASE settimane prima di rilasciare il gioco?
  • Se non escono questo mese, credo che dovranno affrontare alcuni problemi con Nitrado.
  • Ancora una volta non abbiamo informazioni solide, filmati, screenshot, preordini né una data di uscita solida.

Questo è il motivo per cui leggere il crunch della comunità non è abbastanza per molti di noi. Inoltre, cerca i problemi della società madre, i problemi finanziari e gli investimenti orribili.

Ogni giorno senza notizie precise è un giorno in cui Wild perde giocatori e quindi denaro... Molti stanno investendo in giochi di sopravvivenza, non sono più gli unici

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Golgo82 said:

Ogni giorno senza notizie precise è un giorno in cui Wild perde giocatori e quindi denaro... Molti stanno investendo in giochi di sopravvivenza, non sono più gli unici

𝔖𝔞𝔡 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔢, 𝔦𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔳𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔲𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔫 𝔲𝔭𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔢, 𝔴𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔟𝔢 𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔚ℭ 𝔠𝔞𝔲𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 ℑ'𝔳𝔢 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔰𝔬 𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔢𝔱 𝔦𝔫 𝔯𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔫𝔢𝔴 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱.