Community Crunch 380: Community Creature Winner, LiveOps Update, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, DirkInSA said:

renting Nitrado servers from March through June (= 1 mill US $) seems to be a lot inflated.

As someone who manages a lot of infrastructure for a large organization with a similar type of hosted and managed services like WC has. That number is actually a little on the low side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don’t understand… so you’re closing down the old servers, but you don’t have so much as a single gameplay video released for the new game? Not a trailer, a cinematic cut scene, anything? No redone music maybe? Not even a healthy collection of screenshots? Uhh… whaaat the hell are you guys doing?… this is really stupid you guys. You are walking your player base directly into a trap, you’re not going to have this game ready to go and you’re not even saying anything about it. This HAS to be some level of malfeasance here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So tell me your basicly saying it’s ok to sell off the saved files to a 3rd party because they created or developed the game. 
here the thing if we can create a single player file on any device. Why is it so hard to convert a multiplayer file to single player. Second do you work for wildcard, Nitrado or snail games. Or are you sponsored or indirectly earn a living eg.  “youtube”. To make sure they receive a positive spin on the past few months actions. It kind of Seem your defending them a bit to much.  It like you have something to lose. Everything to gain. I am Just saying. Lol

Edited by bluewizard
Didnt say it all.
  • Like 1

@bluewizard Ha Ha - no I have absolutely no interest in WildCard or Snail or the dodgy server company!

I am mostly agreeing with you.

It is NOT hard to convert multi player to single player - on PC.

But on console, unless you have a "hacked" console with the ability to get to the actual file system, it is very difficult. Simply because there is no way to "drop" that multiplayer map into your local game.

And WildCard & etc. KNOW that, so they have tried to monetised console save games to the enrichment of Nitrado. Taken directly alongside PC saves being freely available this is clearly not good!

But I say again, the root or cause that enables them to do this, is the way that console companies lock their devices down and disallow owners of the console to do stuff on their own box. In a way, one could argue that even a single player save on console does not "belong" to the guy playing. Because Sony / Microsoft does not allow you to do anything directly with that save.

My main point is that when someone plays a game on online servers provided by the game company, they are totally at the mercy of that game company. 

• Like 1

Hey! Bros! After ark has been with me for 6 years, it finally died xD. Now I just want to know when the damn asa will be online. And I don’t think it should be tied to ark2 for sale. You have to know that I have 4 ark1 accounts So far, I don’t even know if my banned account can have asa. Now I feel sick when I use the epic platform to play games, but my steam platform is permanently banned! Hell, after my base and my dinosaurs were dead for a year, I couldn't even build a cemetery for them XD! ! Thanks to all the administrator friends who have helped me. We old fans will continue to support the staff of Ark, but as time goes by, we may not have more time to play all Ark series. After all, in reality, we are no longer young, I wish you the best Good luck to you, forum friends.

• Haha 2

On 9/22/2023 at 7:22 PM, xackbelle said:

It's funny to me seeing the spider lose and yet people still demand it get added to the game. It lost. Accept it. Move on. Suggest a new spider with a better concept and maybe it'll win for once. You don't hear this much begging from fans of gorgonops and yet that dino also makes it into the top 10 votes regularly. We get it, you like spiders. Pay someone to make a mod of one if you're determined to have it in the game.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, xackbelle said:

just pick a different spider at this point, there are literal millions of species you can pick

bro quit being a jerk let them dream

On 9/22/2023 at 7:59 PM, xackbelle said:

This is how I feel EXACTLY. Sure, I may be biased because I'm an arachnophobe, but there are some insanely cool spiders that existed millions of years ago. The chimerachnae concept was amaaaazing and im just frankly tired of seeing the same spider when it is arguably not even an extinct creature, just using the name of an extinct creature. It's a mega-sized version of the jumping spiders you'd find in your backyard, and I just dont get the appeal other than it being "cute spider". I mean no disrespect to the creator, nor fans of it. I am just tired of seeing the same generic spider over and over again. There are spiders with whip like bodies that existed long ago, and other crazy body types. I just want some more creativity and something interesting rather than a supersized version of a bug I can find in my backyard.

Ranked vote. I put Dreadnoughtus as my first pick, Maevia as my 10th spot pick, last place. The spider ending in second puts it in the minority because more votes went towards dreadnoughtus. More = Majority, Less = Minority. Dreadnoughtus gang squashes the competition.

We are all allowed an opinion. There are those unhappy the spider lost, and their feelings are valid. I am happy the spider lost, and my feelings are also valid. There were 10 dinosaurs in this vote, and all were good concepts. Someone was bound to lose, and Im extra happy that my #1 pick won :)

only proving that you only care bout your own opinion 

On 9/22/2023 at 7:57 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

It’s ironic that you claim he’s being a douche whilst also directly insulting him for little more than sharing his opinion. That aside I share his opinion at least regarding adding it in. I may enjoy the creature’s concept and even suggested abilities for it in previous iterations but I’ve also said the same thing repeatedly since the first time a vote happened: runner ups shouldn’t be added as it cheapens the vote. In a race with one gold medal you don’t break it in half for the other guy no matter how hard they fought. The tenacity is admirable yes but the fight’s over and they weren’t the victor. Adding the spider would only diminish the winner’s achievement and lead to a resurface of the issue we’ve seen since creature vote #2, I.e. “x is popular so I say add it anyway!”. Start here and next it’ll be “add gorgon too”, then “add hatze too”, etc. etc. until there’s no point in voting.

it would be not fair to add the spider yeah but let people dream

On 9/25/2023 at 2:29 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sadly it’s arguably the only clever thing they’ve done in the last few years. If you can dangle shinies in front of your consumer base and get them to “playfully” fight amongst eachother then you can be as awful as you please as long as you don’t get too crazy. I foresee a lot of shinies in the near future once more players realize some new textures, dinosaurs, and maps, doesn’t really change a buggy game.

Couldnt agree more