Community Crunch 379: ASA Cross-Platform Mod Preview

StudioWildcard

On 9/16/2023 at 6:59 AM, badjuejue said:

Very simple, hopefully WC is learning... maybe next Friday we can get a solid date? Or some actual footage? I'm kind of actually speechless surprised really

Not happening, more concept art and creature votes so that we forget about the snailgames shady situation since they don't have anything else to show, expect another delay.

I was always gutted not to be able to have mods on consoles, especially the added creatures and some of the maps. I tried some out last month on PC like Ark Additions and they are truly great high quality stuff, very refreshing. Creatures and maps for me are the main things that would keep up my interest in a re-master. So, I'll be very happy to see them imported on consoles.  

On another note, I notice people picking up on that water physics plug-in, however it could well be something the modder bought themselves instead of being included in ASA? I'm guessing these sort of plug-ins would not be available on console outside maybe payable mods that include them? It'd be nice to see some info on that if possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, dgkforlife said:

this company is a joke. literally every single game in existence has already had trailers and gameplay videos months before release. its literally about to come out and they release some dumb photo of something to do with the mods? how pathetic really.

Agreed. Its supposed to come out next month, and this is all they have?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Krieger1KM said:

Can someone tell us what is the eol expectancy or life support of ASA? 

it’s going to have rapid fire pace… before we settle into ASA, how long of a period is there before the plug will be pulled. 

ASA will be running alongside ARK 2.

1 hour ago, DarkDraken17 said:

Who do you guys hope wins?

Personally I was thinking the Aerosteon, but what do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Krieger1KM said:

Can someone tell us what is the eol expectancy or life support of ASA? 

it’s going to have rapid fire pace… before we settle into ASA, how long of a period is there before the plug will be pulled. 

At this rate of spending money, I doubt ASA would live long. Don't expect much.  If they have nothing now, there is nothing to expect.  ASA will probably be a failure in terms of mechanics, graphically the values may increase, but knowing WC/SG, I doubt they would put proper effort into coding in UE5.  They give you dino contests to charm you and encourage you to buy ASA.  In fact, I and many people like me won, where we say 30/09/2023 Bye Bye Wildcard.  Unfortunately, they are not a reliable company in my eyes. Why should I buy the next editions of this series?  To have a dino community?  Just?  Yes, each of your projects is nice, but will WC/SG release it as you planned?  Spending a certain amount of cash on crap is not really my thing.  I prefer to see what's happening in the game.  Remember that ASA is only ported to UE5 and not encoded from scratch.  And the old mistakes will definitely remain anyway, since they didn't want to fix it so far, they won't do it.  Because they don't care about the community as much as they care about financial profits, as evidenced by, for example, the lack of communication on their part.  And because they use X (Twetter) or other forms of communication, they discriminate against those who are on the forum.  Not everyone needs to have this or that APP to tell them something, and they still don't care about it.  This company is no longer the company it was at the beginning.  I was waiting for the next DLC and wanted to get to the new map as soon as possible.  But I feel disgust and disgust towards ASA.  I have no intention of wasting my time in the great unknown.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, GP said:

ASA will be running alongside ARK 2.

catching your word "it will work in parallel to ARK 2" and that means ARK2 will be released maybe in 2024, and probably ASA too, since it will be released in parallel xD.  I would wonder if he will survive until ARK2, since they are looking for financing for projects that, in one word, have outgrown its creator.

xD

5 minutes ago, Noffek said:

At this rate of spending money, I doubt ASA would live long. Don't expect much.  If they have nothing now, there is nothing to expect.  ASA will probably be a failure in terms of mechanics, graphically the values may increase, but knowing WC/SG, I doubt they would put proper effort into coding in UE5.  They give you dino contests to charm you and encourage you to buy ASA.  In fact, I and many people like me won, where we say 30/09/2023 Bye Bye Wildcard.  Unfortunately, they are not a reliable company in my eyes. Why should I buy the next editions of this series?  To have a dino community?  Just?  Yes, each of your projects is nice, but will WC/SG release it as you planned?  Spending a certain amount of cash on crap is not really my thing.  I prefer to see what's happening in the game.  Remember that ASA is only ported to UE5 and not encoded from scratch.  And the old mistakes will definitely remain anyway, since they didn't want to fix it so far, they won't do it.  Because they don't care about the community as much as they care about financial profits, as evidenced by, for example, the lack of communication on their part.  And because they use X (Twetter) or other forms of communication, they discriminate against those who are on the forum.  Not everyone needs to have this or that APP to tell them something, and they still don't care about it.  This company is no longer the company it was at the beginning.  I was waiting for the next DLC and wanted to get to the new map as soon as possible.  But I feel disgust and disgust towards ASA.  I have no intention of wasting my time in the great unknown.

All Good points.

6 hours ago, arkgerman1975 said:

Warum so ein Ärger über gametrailer ihr kennt doch das Spiel seit 2015

We know ASE since 2015. ASA is not the same game, goin after all the hints and snippets shared it is just fair we expect an upgraded version and a gameplay trailer should help us to understand a bit better what to expect.
If you think nothing will be different from the 2015 game you have missed a lot since the 31st of march.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, MMaas said:

We know ASE since 2015. ASA is not the same game, goin after all the hints and snippets shared it is just fair we expect an upgraded version and a gameplay trailer should help us to understand a bit better what to expect.
If you think nothing will be different from the 2015 game you have missed a lot since the 31st of march.

But that's the catch is it not "goin after all the hints and snippets shared"? These are just that hints and snippets. There is no evidence around what is ACTUALLY being done. Will game play be significantly better, or just the same old same old? Are the changes limited to a re-skin with pretty pictures? Are any of the touted UE5 improvements to the engine actually being USED or are they just wishful thinking on wild cards part? 
Cynically I must agree with @arkgerman1975 because my view is that this is a flat re-skin with NO real benefit other than some prettier screen stuff. Which is why I also am not interested in any trailer for a game I have played for the last 8 years. Nor interested in even thinking about buying such a re-skin before there is some real (sorry to me the pictures are not that important) benefit evinced by the "new" game.

Edited by DirkInSA
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Die Änderung ist doch in der roadmap vorgestellt worden ich brauche keine negativen Bedeutung ob das Spiel schlecht wird,es wird gut , alleine schon das die Konsole mods erhalten wird und das es crossplay sein wird, die Server von ase werden abgestellt , und wenn ich a s a ,spielen möchte muss ich in die neue Technik investieren,so wie ich die neue Konsole gekauft habe. Wenn die modder für ihre Arbeit auch Geld verdienen ist es berechtigt sie damit zu unterstützen.ich brauche kein gameplay sondern das Spiel,viele andere Spiele werden auch immer wieder verzögert,sollte Ende Oktober der Stichtag sein,werde ich den Tag sehnlichst herbei wünschen

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DirkInSA said:

But that's the catch is it not "goin after all the hints and snippets shared"? These are just that hints and snippets. There is no evidence around what is ACTUALLY being done. Will game play be significantly better, or just the same old same old? Are the changes limited to a re-skin with pretty pictures? Are any of the touted UE5 improvements to the engine actually being USED or are they just wishful thinking on wild cards part? 
Cynically I must agree with @arkgerman1975 because my view is that this is a flat re-skin with NO real benefit other than some prettier screen stuff. Which is why I also am not interested in any trailer for a game I have played for the last 8 years. Nor interested in even thinking about buying such a re-skin before there is some real (sorry to me the pictures are not that important) benefit evinced by the "new" game.

I'm afraid you are not wrong, altough it will kill the last piece of symphaty I have for everyone involved in the project if none of the great idea's are implemented and it will turn out to be just a reskin but without the splitscreen multiplayer.
The whole reason it is not a free port anymore was because of all the new stuff that would be added!
A decent updated in-game trailer would take away some of the pesimistic/realistic expectations. Also, still not even a placeholder in the PS store. And we are supposed to believe they will make the deadline 6 weeks from now?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arkgerman1975 said:

Die Änderung ist doch in der roadmap vorgestellt worden ich brauche keine negativen Bedeutung ob das Spiel schlecht wird,es wird gut , alleine schon das die Konsole mods erhalten wird und das es crossplay sein wird, die Server von ase werden abgestellt , und wenn ich a s a ,spielen möchte muss ich in die neue Technik investieren,so wie ich die neue Konsole gekauft habe. Wenn die modder für ihre Arbeit auch Geld verdienen ist es berechtigt sie damit zu unterstützen.ich brauche kein gameplay sondern das Spiel,viele andere Spiele werden auch immer wieder verzögert,sollte Ende Oktober der Stichtag sein,werde ich den Tag sehnlichst herbei wünschen

Just a minor issue here: I don't think MS is having issues with mods but Sony did give Bethesda loads of trouble for mods in their games on the PS platform. I HAVE NOT SEEN A SOLID CONFIRMATION THAT SONY IS OK WITH ALLOWING UNRESTRICTED MODS. Also the cut taken by WC is rather high, so mods getting a fair share is also up for debate here.
I realy do hope we are getting a pleasant surprise when it launches and I admire your optimism but me personaly? I don't like to exchange splitscreen multiplayer for crossplay in just a reskin.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte arkgerman1975:

neu

Vor 1 Stunde sagte arkgerman1975:

Die Änderung ist doch in der Roadmap vorgestellt worden, spielen muss ich in die neue Technik investieren,so wie ich die neue Konsole gekauft habe. Wenn die Modder für ihre Arbeit auch Geld verdienen können, sind sie damit zu unterstützen

Danke das man Optimismus erkennt,leider zu wenig auf dieser , Welt. Ich habe ase mit vielen Menschen von der Welt gespielt,allein das war schon 6000 Spiel Stunden, sehr toll. Das Spiel war am Anfang auch nur für den PC und konnte später für die Konsole veröffentlicht werden.ich weiss,wo ein Wille da ist auch ein weg und das wird wc mit der Zeit auch bewerkstelligen.kein Meister ist vom Himmel gefallen, und ja Menschen machen Fehler,aber lernen auch aus diesen.ich habe noch nie ein Spiel über Jahre am Stück gespielt,da ich mit den meisten schneller fertig bin. Deshalb glaube ich ,es wird hervorragend.Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

• Thanks 1