Community Crunch 375: Introducing Yi Ling

StudioWildcard

14 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

You're entitled to see criticism that way. And there is, certainly, some criticism that is fully toxic.
But, speaking for me and noone else (they can also reply to you if my answer doesn't fit their thought process), I also think there is a way to be critical of issues in hopes they are CORRECTED.

When I point out issues that I can't just overlook, I point them out where WildCard can see them (whether they really see this feedback is another question, and whether they care about that feedback another one too). So for instance I hope that when I say "it looks like people on official can only save one map/base", WildCard clarifies that this is intended or offer options if it is not. Sometimes it's as simple as "yes, we didn't think that people could have several bases on the same cluster, here's how this could work if you want to save other bases on a different map of the official cluster".

That's why I'm not "just moving on". I want this game and this studio to treat us better, and to communicate with us better. And I'm not sure how they would do that if we only said "I'm ride or die, do what you like, I'm here until death, my money is owed to you whatever you do".
Which you are free to feel and say. But that's not how I see things.

Yes everything you said is accurate. But if someone really loved ARK they would act like they want it to succeed. I'm saying you're doing this, but a lot of people here seem like they are only here to make negative comments about ARK left and right, like they want it to fail so their complaining can be proven accurate.

6 hours ago, Mihcail said:

Seriously u are asking all of ark fans to be positive, when there is not a single positive thing about whats happening with ark. We need to help them make the right decisions for the future of ark and WC and u asking us to happilly accept?. A survival dinosaur game never been done, and thats why we are trying to say to WC that they are in fact doing the worst possible move in their history. Sometimes we need to guide someone to the right path, but they simple ignore all of our experiences with other companys. They complete ignore our opinions, they don’t give a damn about the horrified state ark is, they are loosing fans every day, and they seems to don’t care either of that. This game in early stages was amazing until they decided to put tek tier in their game, and if u look at actual things in game and where is leading to, u will ended with a survival dinasaur game with tank/ mechs (we already have this ones) in the dinasaur place. This ab creature is very different of the actual people voted to, in fact if u put a pic of this dino along side a pic of dodo u will see no difference between the two of them, with one of them is way bigger then a dodo. If they make a mistake is our job to help them to make the best way course to solve the issue. Tell me in one month we haven’t seen a actual ASA gameplay and u agreed with this nonsense? No comparisons between the ASE to ASA and u agreed with this? A 90 tribe members were perma ban from enjoying the game bc they attacked a tribe that is snail games employees and u agreed with this? A tribe that ask items to build their bases without farming for them and u agreed with this? U agreed when we saw a bug or a tribe who is dupping or ddos servers to their own advantage and we submit a ticket and we got nothing from them? Do u agreed when we need help to unstuck a dino or character and we got nothing? And we have to ask others player to help with this? (This has happened to me and to my dinos in a case of tuso) And i could put more things that need to be adressed to. This is my opinion and i respect yours, but at this stage i see one of my favorite games being ruin by bad decisions and being ignore by the dev.

Not a single positive thing that's happening with ARK. If you really think that's the case then what are you even doing here? 🤷‍♂️ 

If you so sure ARK will fail, just move on to another game.

6 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

This couldn’t be more off the mark.

People are upset because they love Ark just as much as you do but have no faith whatsoever in Wildcard.

Wildcard released Abberation and failed in two major ways that were easy to avoid. 1) They never tested the Mek against Turrets. So you could destroy someone’s base without the turrets even being activated. Seems like it would be the first thing you’d test right? 
2) Megalosaurus is a must need tame on Abberation but on release they could not lay fertilized eggs to breed.

THAT is who Wildcard is as a Dev. And that’s just 2 out of 100 possible examples I could bring up. Wildcard is so oblivious to their own game that they have always been 10 steps behind people searching for exploits. 

Once again, if you really have no faith that Wildcard will pull through than why not move on now? ARK is obviously gonna be a flop according to you, so why not save yourself the trouble? 🤷‍♂️ 

15 hours ago, ShadowShadex said:

Where are the ASA comparisons at? It's been over a mouth since the last one.

If I'm not mistaken that's our fault as a community. Not specifically you or I but as a whole (content creators included) people did not take kindly to the comparisons. I loved the weekly comparisons and was personally rooting for beaver dam or river stones. But from the Devs perspective it probably felt like they wasted a few hours each week deciding on something to show and setup the lighting for it to just get hated on. Hopefully soon though we see more/gameplay!!

33 minutes ago, EverestJackson said:

If I'm not mistaken that's our fault as a community. Not specifically you or I but as a whole (content creators included) people did not take kindly to the comparisons. I loved the weekly comparisons and was personally rooting for beaver dam or river stones. But from the Devs perspective it probably felt like they wasted a few hours each week deciding on something to show and setup the lighting for it to just get hated on. Hopefully soon though we see more/gameplay!!

You are the only person in the world who wanted to see what Beaver Dame would look like in ASA….people want to see the tames, you know the content that 99% of the game is based around.

To imply they even TRIED to show us ASA is dishonest.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Not a single positive thing that's happening with ARK. If you really think that's the case then what are you even doing here? 🤷‍♂️ 

If you so sure ARK will fail, just move on to another game.

For example:

I don't want to spend 20 euros just to continue playing with my wife.  That's why we write that it's not fair in relation to PC vs PS.  For PS I have to pay for the server 20 euros 30 days and at least 20 sockets, why do I need 20?  10 would be enough.

32 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Once again, if you really have no faith that Wildcard will pull through than why not move on now? ARK is obviously gonna be a flop according to you, so why not save yourself the trouble? 🤷‍♂️ 

Because we want to endure to the end with ASE?

43 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

To what game? Where is the game that offers a survival experience where I can breed and tame creatures? There is no alternative to Ark. You could not pay me to play Conan’s Exiles.

Why are you so emotional? No one is saying it is going to flop. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gecko1611 said:

Yes everything you said is accurate. But if someone really loved ARK they would act like they want it to succeed. I'm saying you're doing this, but a lot of people here seem like they are only here to make negative comments about ARK left and right, like they want it to fail so their complaining can be proven accurate.

Thing is I don’t “want” it to fail per se. I just find a lot of the company’s practices as of late extremely questionable. Since offering my piece on matters won’t really change wildcard or snail’s decisions on anything and the whole situation’s gotten my schadenfreude senses tingling I’ve decided to pull up a chair just in case things go pear shaped. If everything works out fine for the new game then cool, doesn’t really impact me since I rent unofficial AsE servers through nitrado already and should theoretically be in the clear. If it all goes to hell then I get a brief show and maybe, just maybe, they’ll see the situation as a learning experience. Either way I see positive situations for myself

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

To what game? Where is the game that offers a survival experience where I can breed and tame creatures? There is no alternative to Ark. You could not pay me to play Conan’s Exiles.

Why are you so emotional? No one is saying it is going to flop. 

My whole point is that there is no game like ARK. And there is no alternative. I'm trying not to be emotional, but the way people (not everyone) focus SO much on everything negative to do with ARK gives the impression that they don't even like the game and are 100% sure it will fail.

The creatures don't change from the original concept as much as it seems. It makes total sense that Wildcard would need to alter many features to make it balanced and suitable for the game.

But we can't argue that the main spectacles of these winners are always kept. For example, the spotlight feature of the Yi Qi was that it would shoot feathers to damage enemies and main these quills inflict different conditions with different food items. The Yi Ling keeps that idea as you can see. 

The main spectacle of the Gigantoraptor was that it could raise young very efficiently and form bonds with them. And that general feature has been kept with the official concept.

I think it would be very stupid if Wildcard completely changed the star feature than a creature vote winner would have, and so far, they haven't really. If the Shastasaurus wins for The Center, I'm sure Wildcard would somehow implement its submarine saddle. If the Hermit Crab wins, I'm sure they would somehow implement its ability to switch shells and get different powers. If the Orca wins, I'm sure Wildcard would implement its trophy buff ability somehow.

If they don't, the well... yeah that would be a mistake for sure.

It was us who voted on these creatures, not Wildcard.

Wildcard/Snail games are you absolutely serious. What about the people who don't want to use nitrado or who cannot afford it like me. They are the worst server provider and 20% off?! You should just give everyone their own free server so that their dinos and everything don't go.

Your saying we will lose all of our structures items and dinosaurs , everything is going to be deleted. And you're saying you have everyone at heart. It sounds more like heartless to me. So everyone on official servers will lose everything. And what save files for the console players you're not saying anything about that.

Just like what you're doing with switch another company is running that you can do it for official servers on console. To keep the official servers alive.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

My whole point is that there is no game like ARK. And there is no alternative. I'm trying not to be emotional, but the way people (not everyone) focus SO much on everything negative to do with ARK gives the impression that they don't even like the game and are 100% sure it will fail.

So your whole point is the point I just made lol? 

Loving Ark does not have to come with trusting or loving Wildcard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

So your whole point is the point I just made lol? 

Loving Ark does not have to come with trusting or loving Wildcard. 

Oh no, it's the point I made in earlier comments. And I never said I completely just Snail or Wild. Its just why are these people who outright say they have NO faith that ARK will succeed still here? If they are so sure there is NOTHING positive with ARK and that there is NO hope for it, then why not move on already?

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

But if someone really loved ARK they would act like they want it to succeed.

You know, the more I think about it, the more it appears that I don't want Ark to succeed. I don't want Ark to fail either.

I want players to thrive. I want players to have a good time. I want players to be given reasons to talk about ASA positively, not because the sales will need it, but because it's actually positive to project ourselves in the game. I want players to celebrate excitedly the upcoming release of a new, more modern, hopefully better version ; instead of being promised it's gonna be all these things on absolutely no visible basis. I want players to not be squeezed until their last cent, and especially not in exchange for a poor experience. I want players to enjoy actual previews of what gameplay is going to be like, whether these previews happen through ingame screenshots, through videos, or simply through written explanations of features. I want players to not be expected to spend money on Day 1 on a game that they know nothing about until the last minute. I want players to not be asked to worship a game that doesn't respect their essential rights as consumers. I want players who take the time to submit custom creatures, with custom art, and who take the time to vote for them, to get the creatures they actually have voted for, or else the concept of a community vote is meaningless.

TL;DR : I don't want Ark to succeed or fail in the abstract. The players are what determines the success or failure of Ark, and I want WildCard to act like they know it. I want players to be given reasons to make ARK succeed, and I promise you many of us would happily do it the same way we did it the first time.
Our loyalty to this franchise is not owed, it is earned.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

Oh no, it's the point I made in earlier comments. And I never said I completely just Snail or Wild. Its just why are these people who outright say they have NO faith that ARK will succeed still here? If they are so sure there is NOTHING positive with ARK and that there is NO hope for it, then why not move on already?

People hope it will get better and enjoy the CURRENT game as it is without another EA game with missing assets / bugs and only a few shiny features, what you are witnessing is corporate need of cash ei Snail is broke WC is and always has struggled with deadlines no one can deny that ... and this 'upgrade' to UE5 was 'supposed' to have been released within a 5 (?) month period of been revealed .. 'building from the ground up' new shiny things integrated (mostly UE5 shiny things) and adding other mods into the game that already existed ....

Anyway i digress, ASE as it stands is a pretty solid game not the best not the worst but dam it can suck hours off you breeding / building etc so people get attached to their toons / bases and maps they have built on - the save we get is literally a snapshot of one map - if we choose to play on it in SP we cannot travel to the other maps ... even hiring a server we still cannot travel .. kinda kills the other maps we paid money for....  

Imagine this ... WoW or guild wars 2 or any other 'big' mmo stating that they are shutting down the servers and if u want you can start again but you gotta pay for it and it includes some minimal updates .... that fanbase would be just as annoyed as we are ... 

Ofc people are annoyed here, why the hell shouldnt they be? negative? yes wanting it all to fail NO just seeing things clearly and are sick of Snail running WC into the ground and watching WC struggle on like a injured animal, simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3