Ark Ascended Questions

Justin990406

Can anyone actually in full detail explain to me what is happening with Ark Ascended because I cannot find anything detailed or in depth about how it will work. Do we get to transfer everything from Ark to Ark Ascended or is it a new fresh start? Are the old servers being shut down as we speak or will they be shut down after the release of Ark Ascended? Why bring out Ark Ascended when Ark 2 is on the way? Are all the original dinos from Ark going to Ark Ascended and if so can we get a few changes with certain dinosaurs such as for example the Spinosaurus? Are the same maps going to be on Ark Ascended as they are on Ark? Are we getting any new maps? When is the official release date for Ark Ascended?

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Justin990406 said:

Do we get to transfer everything from Ark to Ark Ascended

No.

is it a new fresh start?

Yes.

Are the old servers being shut down

Yes

will they be shut down after the release of Ark Ascended

No one knows exactly what's going to happen exactly when. They said they would happen around the same time.

Why bring out Ark Ascended when Ark 2 is on the way?

They haven't commented on that.

Are all the original dinos from Ark going to Ark Ascended

Yes.

can we get a few changes with certain dinosaurs such as for example the Spinosaurus

They haven't announced any new TLCs.

Are the same maps going to be on Ark Ascended as they are on Ark

Yes.

Are we getting any new maps?

Yes.

When is the official release date for Ark Ascended?

The date keeps moving. Last stated date is October 23.

All of this has been covered or announced in the crunches.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 2

Hola buenos días, pa empezar, no se si ya exista un post con el mismo tema, de ser así perdón, tengo la duda de si ya se público la fecha exacta, del cierre de los servidores oficiales (parapc), y además había leído que era posible bajar un respaldo del servidor oficial y guardarlo en los archivos internos, de ser así alguien podría explicarme como hacerlo, de antemano muchas gracías, un beso :)

Hola, yes PC downloads will be possible (the doubt remains for the XBox/PS consoles, but PC has already been possible in the past too) but there is still no official date on the release of the save data, initially the release of ASA was scheduled for August (tomorrow) but it was delayed to October, and it is not certain that there will be further delays.

On "how to download data" there is a section here in the Forum from when they closed the first servers some time ago and it explains how to download those data, the procedure should be identical, you can already try it with those data (scroll the message up to LILPANDA's Post:

--------‐------

HERE THE FIRST INFO OF ASA IN CC:

----------

THIS ARE THE LAST INFO:

-----------

and in addition, a few more answers to the topic:

@Joebl0w13: unify topics of this type when you can, I have the impression that in this period they will start to be many

7 hours ago, Justin990406 said:

Can anyone actually in full detail explain to me what is happening with Ark Ascended because I cannot find anything detailed or in depth about how it will work. Do we get to transfer everything from Ark to Ark Ascended or is it a new fresh start? Are the old servers being shut down as we speak or will they be shut down after the release of Ark Ascended? Why bring out Ark Ascended when Ark 2 is on the way? Are all the original dinos from Ark going to Ark Ascended and if so can we get a few changes with certain dinosaurs such as for example the Spinosaurus? Are the same maps going to be on Ark Ascended as they are on Ark? Are we getting any new maps? When is the official release date for Ark Ascended?

Joe has already given answers, but if you want to read about them for yourself almost all of your questions were answered in some of the recent Community Crunches.

One question I have is:

Will creature AI/ pathfinding be improved in ASA?

This is probably the single biggest turnoff to playing Ark again, in single player or on a private server. Creatures constantly getting stuck on each other and on every tiny obstacle and not being able to navigate gates and such is extremely frustrating when trying to work with groups of dinos or move them any distance over land. If this got resolved I would consider playing again and would pay for the upgraded experience.

Thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eclipse said:

One question I have is:

Will creature AI/ pathfinding be improved in ASA?

Yes, but not because of WildCard.

Improving AI/pathfinding is one of the features that it touted in Unreal Engine 5, which is the engine they will be using for ASA. How much better will it be? Couldn't tell you, you'd have to go read some articles or watch some videos from people who are doing testing to see how much pathfinding is improved from UE4 to UE5... but there will be some.

On 8/3/2023 at 12:53 PM, Pipinghot said:

Yes, but not because of WildCard.

Improving AI/pathfinding is one of the features that it touted in Unreal Engine 5, which is the engine they will be using for ASA. How much better will it be? Couldn't tell you, you'd have to go read some articles or watch some videos from people who are doing testing to see how much pathfinding is improved from UE4 to UE5... but there will be some.

It will be because of Wildcard, implementing tools supported by UE5. Give them some credit. It isn't an on-off switch or magic. There's work that gets done to make it happen. 

11 hours ago, AMunoz06476 said:

Ark 1 is getting a remaster in the form of ark ascended. You will have to pay for it as it will be a remaster in unreal engine 5 of all the current dlcs with some additional ones aswell I think.

Leave it to WC to fix their own game and then make you pay for it. Seems kinda silly. I suppose it's fair...Is there a release date on that?

12 hours ago, Eclipse said:

It will be because of Wildcard, implementing tools supported by UE5. Give them some credit. It isn't an on-off switch or magic. There's work that gets done to make it happen. 

No, it still won't, the AI/pathing improvements are going to be caused/created by UE5. If they simply copy/pasted their existing code into UE5 the AI/pathing would still improve. Will they have to do more than simply copy/pasting their code? Yes, but not much, and not because of AI/pathing.

In order to port software from UE4 to UE5 there will always be some work necessary, but not nearly as much as WildCard wants people to believe. Look at the games that have ported their games from UE4 to UE5 for free (you know, like WC originally announced they were going to do), the moment a product is running under UE5 it gains a set of improvement from UE5 even if the game developer doesn't do any other work, and AI/pathing is one of those improvements.

Now, it's possible (not likely, but possible) that WildCard could do additional work on AI/pathing, but they won't, just like they could have already done additional work on AI/pathing under UE4 before now, but they didn't. Sure, it's possible, but if you believe they will then I have some prime real estate in the Sahara Desert to sell you. Even if they hypothetically do that work eventually I can guarantee that they won't do that work before the date that ASA is released. At the time of release all of the improvements to AI/pathing will be created/caused by UE5, not WildCard.

31 minutes ago, Genics said:

Leave it to WC to fix their own game and then make you pay for it. Seems kinda silly. I suppose it's fair...Is there a release date on that?

They're not actually going to fix it. It's fundamentally going to be the same game, ported to UE5, reskinned with some different graphics. Don't be fooled by WC's marketing nonsense, they're not any more focused on fixing anything than they have ever been.

If you really want to see what WC has said, rather than what other people are saying about them, most of what they're claiming is contained in the Community Crunches.

8 hours ago, LsQsDuB said:

Is there any news or guidance on the official release date for Ark Survival Ascended? I want to book my last week of holiday off work as advanced as possible 😅

They've announced dates a couple of times, don't remember what the current scheduled date is. It's in one of the recent Community Crunches, you can read back through them and you'll find it.

• Like 1

Aug 7 to Oct 1 --- 55 days (54 til offcials end)

Questions....

1. Will we get any answers?
2. No Server transfers on officials til SE releases, so no moving to meetup with friends if different servers
3. Will data upload work? so we can move items/dinos only on the server we are on, if we want?
3. Cryopods/Cryofridges - maybe/maybe not
4. What will be server names? same as ASE were?
5. When does it go on sale?
6. When does download start? Same as servers start date? 
7. Servers limited to 70 same as now?
8. Will we need new servers for non-offical to run ASA, or will the old ASE ones be useable?
9. Can our non-offical servers be multi-platform?
10. Character level limit?
11. Dino tame limit?
12. How many offical servers at realease? 10? 100? 1000?
13. Tribe member number limits? 5? 10? 30? 
14. Download size? 100-400 gb?

will the ASE forums be archived and replaced with ASA?

Edited by Frack

On 8/5/2023 at 11:52 AM, Pipinghot said:

They're not actually going to fix it. It's fundamentally going to be the same game, ported to UE5, reskinned with some different graphics. Don't be fooled by WC's marketing nonsense, they're not any more focused on fixing anything than they have ever been.

If you really want to see what WC has said, rather than what other people are saying about them, most of what they're claiming is contained in the Community Crunches.

Eh, that's what I feared. Ark hasn't been fun since 2016 lol.