My friend somehow did a combat roll

Snorp

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

I feel like there's something I've overlooked here. Other than simply using movement to avoid the location a raptor is trying to pounce, what special move is involved in dodging a raptor?

If you jump at the right time, you do a frontflip and dodge the attack.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:47 PM, Pipinghot said:

Well that's cool to know, somehow I've missed seeing that. Thanks.

Yeah, they removed to pounch from raptors, except the Aberant raptor. It was too OP and unstable is my guess. I even got pounched of my Giga one time, when one Raptor jumped on me from a cliff. Its a shame somewhat that they removed it. Though you can still get to see it in action from a Aberrant raptor.
Since they removed it pretty fast its very unlikely you have encountered such event. Also since Aberration isnt really the map where you just walk around without pet...

Edited by SunsetErosion

39 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Another thing that came to mind was the barrel roll attack with a ptera.
Never saw that happen with raptors, good reason to go get an aberrant!

The pteranodon doing a barrel roll doesnt make a character do a moveset.
The only other things that I think of making characters do a roll would be with emotes.
Eg. The Summer bash backflip...

With some lag on triggering the animation, it might have looked like he was doing a combat roll. But most likely he was dodging a raptor's pounch attack...

Edited by SunsetErosion

On 7/19/2023 at 5:28 PM, SunsetErosion said:

The pteranodon doing a barrel roll doesnt make a character do a moveset.
The only other things that I think of making characters do a roll would be with emotes.
Eg. The Summer bash backflip...

With some lag on triggering the animation, it might have looked like he was doing a combat roll. But most likely he was dodging a raptor's pounch attack...

We can only speculate what he saw since it is very vague, not even clear if it was just the character of his friend or his friend riding a dino. Given his feedback sofar I wonder why we even try to figure out what he realy ment lol.

Edited by MMaas
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MMaas said:

We can only speculate what he saw since it is very vague, not even clear if it was just the character of his friend or his friend riding a dino. Given his feedback sofar I wonder why we even try to figure out what he realy ment lol.

Yeah, because I still have the habit of playing a game at some point of my spare time. And Rockstar doesnt want to supply me with a Redeem code after I bought it 0.o. 
So its jsut a boredom thing...
Anyway, tried to replicate the dodge-roll on the Raptor attack. Doesnt seem to work anymore. Its just a jump animation for me now...
*PC 

Edited by SunsetErosion
  • Haha 1