Newly Planted Crops...

Afkatie1

not growing past seedling.

I've tried planting on two different maps. I've tried greenhouse and outside. I've tried two different size crop plots. I've tried different seeds.  I've tried different locations.

I'm playing single player on The Island, (level 105) and Crystal Isle level 48. Playing on desktop PC.

Can't seem to get any support and hoping someone here has  ideas.

Thank you

• Volunteer Moderator
59 minutes ago, Afkatie1 said:

not growing past seedling.

I've tried planting on two different maps. I've tried greenhouse and outside. I've tried two different size crop plots. I've tried different seeds.  I've tried different locations.

I'm playing single player on The Island, (level 105) and Crystal Isle level 48. Playing on desktop PC.

Can't seem to get any support and hoping someone here has  ideas.

Thank you

Are they irrigated? If you manually water them, then it may not be enough to go past that stage and start fruiting.

3 hours ago, Afkatie1 said:

How long are you staying logged on after you plant the seeds?

In single-player mode the progress of the game stops  when you log off. Dino's don't lay eggs, trees & rocks don't respawn, new dino's don't spawn, babies don't grow - everything in the game stops when you log off. So... how much time did you spend online playing the game after planting the crops?

On 7/2/2022 at 4:22 PM, invincibleqc said:

Are they irrigated? If you manually water them, then it may not be enough to go past that stage and start fruiting.

Thank you for your response. I've been on hours and I know that everything stops once I log off. Trust me, I have green houses and outside crops all growing fine. This just happened.

On 7/2/2022 at 4:29 PM, sjskdjkfa said:

In the world settings under the advanced tab what is your crop growth speed? And have you tried adjusting it?

The thing is I  haven't had any problems growing crops in greenhouse or out  until just recently. 

Maybe after responding to these kind suggestions, I'll learn how to do multiquotes. hahaha

Still more help needed... and I'm not sure how to do that slomo cheat, but my crops always grow fast enough. Could this be a bug?

1 hour ago, Afkatie1 said:

The thing is I  haven't had any problems growing crops in greenhouse or out  until just recently. 

Maybe after responding to these kind suggestions, I'll learn how to do multiquotes. hahaha

Still more help needed... and I'm not sure how to do that slomo cheat, but my crops always grow fast enough. Could this be a bug?

Are you running any mods?  If so, have you tried removing them one at a time?  Sometimes updates from WC break how mods work and the mod makers have to play catch up on fixing newly introduced bugs when using their mods.

Past that, sometimes when WC breaks something and fixes it afterwards,  we still have to pick up the old structure and set it down again for the problems to fix themselves.

To run commands, just pull up the command prompt in game.  The window that makes it look like an old school DOS prompt.  I think it's tab or `~ key to bring down the console.  Then you just type in that command if you are in single player, no need to turn on cheat mode - that's only if you are running a dedicated server , then you would have to do a tiny bit more to get cheats going.

15 hours ago, Afkatie1 said:

The thing is I  haven't had any problems growing crops in greenhouse or out  until just recently. Maybe after responding to these kind suggestions, I'll learn how to do multiquotes. hahaha Still more help needed... and I'm not sure how to do that slomo cheat, but my crops always grow fast enough. Could this be a bug?

Ok, I "JUST" had this exact same problem with my play through. My fix was to first adjust resource respawn rate.....the same bug that effected metal nodes is the same bug that effected my crops. I harvested everything, logged off, came back the next day, no crops. x.x

I would suggest adjusting it to .5 and after that, just completely redo the crop plots. Gut them, restock with fert, and then reseed.

18 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Are you running any mods?  If so, have you tried removing them one at a time?  Sometimes updates from WC break how mods work and the mod makers have to play catch up on fixing newly introduced bugs when using their mods.

Past that, sometimes when WC breaks something and fixes it afterwards,  we still have to pick up the old structure and set it down again for the problems to fix themselves.

To run commands, just pull up the command prompt in game.  The window that makes it look like an old school DOS prompt.  I think it's tab or `~ key to bring down the console.  Then you just type in that command if you are in single player, no need to turn on cheat mode - that's only if you are running a dedicated server , then you would have to do a tiny bit more to get cheats going.

Thanks GrumpyBear. I am running mods and I will try as you suggested removing one at a time. Although, there are 18 mods on the server I play and those crops are growing just fine.

Really appreciate the advise on the command prompt. I use it for lighshaft/bloomquality, but I really don't want my other crops to grow any faster than they are. They are perfect for me.

2 hours ago, Afkatie1 said:

Thanks GrumpyBear. I am running mods and I will try as you suggested removing one at a time. Although, there are 18 mods on the server I play and those crops are growing just fine.

Really appreciate the advise on the command prompt. I use it for lighshaft/bloomquality, but I really don't want my other crops to grow any faster than they are. They are perfect for me.

it could be as easy as breaking and resetting the crop plots.  You might try that before analyzing which mod could be an issue.

On 7/4/2022 at 4:01 PM, GrumpyBear said:

it could be as easy as breaking and resetting the crop plots.  You might try that before analyzing which mod could be an issue.

Thanks, CrumpyBear; however, I've broken down the crops that wouldn't grow and reseeded, refertilized and irrigated. The New crops will not grow past seedling on my private player maps. I thought maybe it was the S+ Mod so I planted with the regular crops and pipes and still nothing. I just planted new crops on the server I play and they're growing fine.  I'm just having a problem on my single player maps and only with the newly planted seeds.

As a side note: I had already crafted three Stargates and suddenly it told me I had to learn the engram lolol. That problem finally fixed itself after weeks.  And another hilarious thing is that we changed servers from Ragnarok to Lost Island and suddenly I had to relearn all the engrams that I had already learned. So many things are wrong that I just have to laugh.

Thanks to all for your sound advice although none of it helped.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been over a month and I've tried all your suggestions and still the new crops I plant aren't growing past seedlings. If anyone else has a suggestion that I haven't tried I would really appreciate your help. Could it be a Steam problem? Could it be something on my computer? It's just strange that when I play on a server and not single player my NEW crops grow just fine. Old crops on single player grow fine too. Just the newly planted crops have a problem growing. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thank you

I took the screenshots, but there's over 20 and I can't figure out how to get them in one piece, BUT I discovered something that may have caused this. Yesterday when I harvested the crops from my greenhouse, I had over 400 in each crop plot, EXCEPT for the azulberries. There were only eight. Then I remembered that before this all started, I picked up one of the crop plots in the greenhouse and replaced it, adding an azulberry seed. Two days later there was nothing, but a seedling. So, I planted it outside, still only seedlings. That's when every new crop I planted stopped growing past seedling. Could that azulberry seed have anything to do with it?

Hi GrumpyBear.

My greenhouse now has 12 crop plots all medium and all S+

That shouldn't be an issue then.   I could see an issue over 100.   How far away is your irrigation?  Is it at the height of the crops? 2 walls up?...

We are of course assuming you are using greenhouse ceilings that are no more than 2 walls height above, could be no ceilings, as long as nothing else is placed above, not under a cliff overhang....   You've tried all different maps and locations, problem is following you.  Are you setting up your greenhouses the same way every time? 

Discussions around similarly described problems with different solutions.  I'm still leaning towards its one of your mods in conflict.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1846946102857609326/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1776010325128194844/?l=japanese

"I fixed the issue but don't know if the OP is in the same situation. If you have a stack mod which makes poop/fertiliser stack crops won't spawn unless you take all the poop/fertiliser out, which stops crops spawning/growing anyway. Just switch stack mods if you have the same issue."

No it shouldn't be an issue. The irrigation is right on the beach and the greenhouse is near the water. Like I said before, there wasn't an issue until I deleted one crop plot and put up another, planting azulberries in it.

The greenhouse is only two walls high and yes it has greenhouse ceilings. I've built the same the greenhouse on Crystal Isle and again no luck with crops.  As long as I'm on a server there's no problem in growing crops in or out of greenhouse. It's just on my single player maps that the problem exists. :(

The only mod I can see that would cause the problem is the S+ Mod and there's no way I'm deleting that mod, because everything I have built is S+ and everything would be deleted, including the crops that are actively growing.

I really appreciate all your help GrumpyBear and will check out the links.

Btw...I don't have a stack mod.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:27 PM, Afkatie1 said:

I took the screenshots, but there's over 20 and I can't figure out how to get them in one piece

If you can, it would still be helpful if you got up above the ground (like on a pteranodon or argy) and took a shot of what your whole garden area looks like. Even if all of your crop plots are inside of a greenhouse there's still a possibility that we could see something that might trigger an idea.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:27 PM, Afkatie1 said:

BUT I discovered something that may have caused this. Yesterday when I harvested the crops from my greenhouse, I had over 400 in each crop plot, EXCEPT for the azulberries. There were only eight.

You mentioned down below that you're using S+, but the fact that you've had over 400 in some crop plots makes me think that you're using another mod that's affecting your crops, even if that's not what the other mod is supposed to do.

Unless I'm forgetting something, S+ crop plots have a max of 3 stacks (300) per crop plot, which is what makes me think that some other mod is causing your issue. I've been using S+ on my private server for years, on multiple maps, including a couple of gardens that had about 200 crop plots, and we've never had an issue like this.

No it shouldn't be an issue. The irrigation is right on the beach and the greenhouse is near the water. Like I said before, there wasn't an issue until I deleted one crop plot and put up another, planting azulberries in it.

This leads to another question - can you remember making any changes to your game before that moment when you deleted one plot and put up another? When troubleshooting anything having to do with computers the first question to always ask is "where there any changes just before the problem started"? Did you add another mod (even if it's a mod that's not supposed to affect crops), did you remove a mod (even if it's a mod that's not supposed to affect crops), did you make a change to any of the configuration settings for your game (even if it's a config setting that should not affect crops), and so on. The first suspect in any computer problem whatever the most recent change was, even if it doesn't seem like that change should have caused the problem.

The greenhouse is only two walls high and yes it has greenhouse ceilings. I've built the same the greenhouse on Crystal Isle and again no luck with crops.  As long as I'm on a server there's no problem in growing crops in or out of greenhouse. It's just on my single player maps that the problem exists. :(

This is another piece of evidence that points to a mod. I'll bet that if you started a single player game on the same map without any mods that the problem would go away.

The only mod I can see that would cause the problem is the S+ Mod and there's no way I'm deleting that mod, because everything I have built is S+ and everything would be deleted, including the crops that are actively growing.

Well, it's worth remembering that you can make a backup copy of your map before you make changes, people do this all the time. Honestly that's the first thing you should do, make a backup copy, save the backup somewhere else, delete the directory for that map, then start up a fresh copy of that map with all mods turned off, build the same setup and see if the problem still exists.

1) If the problem still exists then it's a glitch in the game (maybe even a glitch with that particular spot on that map).

2) If the problem goes away then it was caused by a mod, now you can start to figure out which one.

If you need help with backing up a copy of your files let us know and we'll explain how to do that.

Archived