Dont forget about the update tomorrow.

Cowgirl

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Magpie75 said:

so it looks like i'll have to spend even more money on a bigger hard drive if i want to keep playing ark as i have a 500gb drive with nothing but ark on it and its almost full. There has to be a way to get rid of old unneeded files to slim the install down a bit without having to reinstall the whole damn game.😡

You could simply uninstall maps you are not currently actively playing on and save up to ~273gb.

Crystal Isles - 47.24gb
Lost Island - 62.16gb
Ragnarok - 25.67gb
The Center - 11.5gb
Valguero - 21.13gb
Scorched Earth - 8.94gb
Aberration - 17.57gb
Extinction - 19.6gb
Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 - 60.11gb

You can do so by right clicking on ARK in your Steam library → Properties → DLC and unchecking them. Not only this would reduce total game size, but would also reduce updates because individual maps content would not have to be updated anymore.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

You could simply uninstall maps you are not currently actively playing on and save up to ~273gb.

Crystal Isles - 47.24gb
Lost Island - 62.16gb
Ragnarok - 25.67gb
The Center - 11.5gb
Valguero - 21.13gb
Scorched Earth - 8.94gb
Aberration - 17.57gb
Extinction - 19.6gb
Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 - 60.11gb

You can do so by right clicking on ARK in your Steam library → Properties → DLC and unchecking them. Not only this would reduce total game size, but would also reduce updates because individual maps content would not have to be updated anymore.

Wouldnt you not be able to see animals and items from that map then or does it just uninstall the map?

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Wouldnt you not be able to see animals and items from that map then or does it just uninstall the map?

Creatures and items that can be transferred to any maps are shipped with the base game and does not require the ownership/installation of the DLCs themselves.

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Willbit said:

Thank you for that.  We are on pc, so thats why we assumed we would get it today, seeing as we use the Windows Store on PC. 
Do you know when the Windows Store update will be coming out?

No idea, but considering Windows Store and Xbox are crossplay then it will be when Consoles get it as you can't have both playing on the same server when only one has the update.

For future reference, whenever the Ark Devs state "PC" they refer to Steam and Epic only.

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Creatures and items that can be transferred to any maps are shipped with the base game and does not require the ownership/installation of the DLCs themselves.

Ohh that is good to know, thank you! I was told that you had to download them all because of that! I have a few maps I could remove xD

Archived