Does Wildcard pay attention to us?

warcryr

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, warcryr said:

OK, so it seems that WC does listen.  They are just picking things that are most fun to implement.

Would you rather create a giant beaver, or fix lag issues?   Giant beaver.

Or there's an abundance of artists and a shortage of developers.

I think that what is frustrating is that there's no feedback on a lot of things.  If there's an interesting/great suggestion in the forum that goes months and months of back and forth between community members, but Wildcard has absolutely no interest and hasn't said anything, I'm betting people would want to know if they're spinning their wheels.

often times, developers intentionally don't stick their noses in, so that they don't sway the discussions, and instead allow the creativity to flow naturally and enable unique idea trains

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, warcryr said:

I guess all it takes is at least 1 instance of wildcard paying attention

there are many "instances", but alas i dont think even those would be enough to convince you. i know for a fact they pay attention. WC created a forum for us members to discuss issues/make suggestions. your issue is they dont respond enough, which has nothing to do with whether or not they are listening/paying attention. seeing as the amount of responses they post isn't likely to change (they are very busy folks), you are going to continue to feel the way you do, regardless. makes all of this moot, but i figured i would attempt as a voice of reason.

2 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

there are many "instances", but alas i dont think even those would be enough to convince you. i know for a fact they pay attention. WC created a forum for us members to discuss issues/make suggestions. your issue is they dont respond enough, which has nothing to do with whether or not they are listening/paying attention. seeing as the amount of responses they post isn't likely to change (they are very busy folks), you are going to continue to feel the way you do, regardless. makes all of this moot, but i figured i would attempt as a voice of reason.

Thanks for the response ThzNutz.  Perhaps what is needed is a guy who does nothing but compile threads after a time (when they cool down basically), figures out the best person in company to ask about it (maybe on a random lunch break for a couple minutes) and then gets a short response to post about it? Basically a Forum Q&A guy? Would also be bringing forward suggestions directly to the people who could decide if they are helpful or not and maybe even get a bit 'techy' with those of us who are programmers/artists/etc... 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, warcryr said:

I guess all it takes is at least 1 instance of wildcard paying attention for the answer to this thread to be "yes".

Regardless, WC prompts us for suggestions in a forum and very rarely responds, even to popular topics.    

As has been stated, lack of response does not mean developers don't listen. One of the most visible cases for this is the basilosaurus. Player want for it had been spammed ad infinitum, and the first response for it was in a youtube video.

29 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

As has been stated, lack of response does not mean developers don't listen. One of the most visible cases for this is the basilosaurus. Player want for it had been spammed ad infinitum, and the first response for it was in a youtube video.

This doesn't excuse the lack of them using the OFFICIAL forums to release official information or content...

This Official forum should be the first place its posted...

Anyone can create a youtube/twitter/twitch/facebook/othersocialmedia with an "Official" name and make a statement/upload and claim that it's "Official" information...

The player base should hear it here FIRST... not from a post/link from another social media outlet...

Too many times have I heard/read "the truth" only to have it blown up so much that the devs/mods had to come to the Official website and post a comment about it, to either squash the rumors or confirm them... (not just in this game has this happened)

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Grognak said:

This doesn't excuse the lack of them using the OFFICIAL forums to release official information or content...

This Official forum should be the first place its posted...

Anyone can create a youtube/twitter/twitch/facebook/othersocialmedia with an "Official" name and make a statement/upload and claim that it's "Official" information...

The player base should hear it here FIRST... not from a post/link from another social media outlet...

Too many times have I heard/read "the truth" only to have it blown up so much that the devs/mods had to come to the Official website and post a comment about it, to either squash the rumors or confirm them... (not just in this game has this happened)

The response to the basilosaurus wasn't in some random youtube channel with the name "official" slapped on to it. It was from their behind the scenes interview video which they did a while back, which initially aired on stream and not just on youtube (the youtube video aired after the stream). Seeing as the community hub isn't Twitch, it would be rather hard to have a live stream behind the scenes preview posted here where they can make the statement of "yes the basilosaurus is coming" as a surprise for people.

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The response to the basilosaurus wasn't in some random youtube channel with the name "official" slapped on to it. It was from their behind the scenes interview video which they did a while back, which initially aired on stream and not just on youtube (the youtube video aired after the stream). Seeing as the community hub isn't Twitch, it would be rather hard to have a live stream behind the scenes preview posted here where they can make the statement of "yes the basilosaurus is coming" as a surprise for people.

@ciabattaroll Bro...

That doesn't address the point I made...

• Administrator

Of course we pay attention to our Community Forums, just because unfortunately we don't have time to respond to every one of you does not mean that we don't hear you. In our private company communication we are constantly sharing forum links to one another: "Hey check out this issue people are having",  "Hey this user has a cool idea to add to the game", "Have you seen this awesome community artwork, let's include it in the Crunch".

We do have dedicated community managers (Jen,Jat & LilPanda) and one of their major roles is working with the community members to find issues and resolve them. Just because you don't see it happening publicly doesn't mean it isn't happening. For example right now they are working 18+hr days, along side our community members in testing the latest big Xbox update, so that we can get any issues squashed and out to you guys as quick as possible.

Most of us are on the forums all day and read and take on board what our community is saying. This is one of the best resources we have as feedback for our game.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived