Locking Threads and Deleting them

SimpleSiren

Just a warning, SimShity did this it did not turn out well for their game. The studio doesn't even exist anymore cause the treated complaints as nuisances instead of complaints, drowned out unhappy players. Just a thought. Never turns out good for the studios that do this. Ever. And I dont mean this to be mean or anything like that, Its just a fact. Simshity, Rust ect all did it they are ghost towns.

Where is the dislike button? Either way people, such as yourself need to learn the difference between actual censorship, where a legitimate negative opinion is silenced, versus actually moderating threads which do not comply with the TOS or are simply abusive trolling or contribute nothing. Their forum  their rules, and I hope the moderators are more active here, as the steam forums are a cesspool, and whatever threads get locked very often deserved it.

Usually 2 types of threads get deleted.

1. Openly Discussing hack/cheating on Forums. Which they want people to send to their mails instead of openly discussing them on Forums, so they can secretly go and watch those people by becoming invisible to them. And catch on sight to directly Ban them.

2. Posts that has no point, and/or that are out of it's path so much by endless flames, that it would be impossible to get in track anymore.

I can confirm we will lock any and all threads discussing bans and hacks.

I can also confirm we typically lock threads that are disruptive to the community and cause more harm than good and are typically going to devolve into flame wars, fighting, and trolling. If you want to discuss something other than bans, hacking, or other generally socially inappropriate things and can maintain a mature discussion on it, we probably won't touch it, but it's still at our discretion what we do and don't allow.

I also wanted to touch on the whole free speech/censorship aspect, Free speech is not a free pass to be an ass to everyone. Free speech covers the topics you can discuss, not how abusive you can be while discussing them. But again, when a thread crosses that threshold is at our discretion, and furthermore we're not a country trying to revoke your human rights ;)

-Nubsly

2 hours ago, Nubsly said:

I can also confirm we typically lock threads that are disruptive to the community and cause more harm than good and are typically going to devolve into flame wars, fighting, and trolling. If you want to discuss something other than bans, hacking, or other generally socially inappropriate things and can maintain a mature discussion on it, we probably won't touch it, but it's still at our discretion what we do and don't allow.

I also wanted to touch on the whole free speech/censorship aspect, Free speech is not a free pass to be an ass to everyone. Free speech covers the topics you can discuss, not how abusive you can be while discussing them. But again, when a thread crosses that threshold is at our discretion, and furthermore we're not a country trying to revoke your human rights ;)

-Nubsly

The above should be a "must read" before posting .:)

I for one am glad that we now have a "safe" place to discuss this game, and that threads are being monitored.

I quited a game before ARK because they forced censorship in the forum, but never took care about the discussion in global chat.

Instead of give an official statements in the forum about something, they deleted the threads and gave warnings without reason.

So the community and the rumors has overtaken in game and that affected more hate about every patch, because the community and developers had different views.

9 hours ago, Nubsly said:

-Nubsly

Well said.

20 minutes ago, BritishBullDog said:

Well ive learnt if you praise the devs you dont get banned but if you say anything regarding poor Eta they ban you.

Facepunch had a policy the very same and loads were  put off by the over strict rules.

I've talked countless times against ETA's, I mean seriously a looot.

Since I live by logic not by my emotions. I even suggested ideas that other companies are using.

Never have they been Locked or Deleted to this date.

Just now, BritishBullDog said:

Well i was banned :(

It must be because of the contend in it.

If it is proper feedback, constructive criticism rather than destruction all over the place, and no flame wars in the replies section. I don't see any reason of it getting deleted.

On the other hand, whenever people rightfully speak against the ETA's, some part of the community I call them "Fanboys without logic" (hence Feedbacks are written for the sake of the Game and Devs - no one would spend the time and write a feedback for a game that they do not love) get very touchy, and start to flame nonstop. And that sometimes might end up with a Lock or Deletion, especially if you reply to them in "their level of respect" towards you.

12 hours ago, Nubsly said:

-Nubsly

Why say ass!!!! abusive Nubsly :( 

50 minutes ago, BritishBullDog said:

Well ive learnt if you praise the devs you dont get banned but if you say anything regarding poor Eta they ban you.

Facepunch had a policy the very same and loads were  put off by the over strict rules.

I've seen plenty of posts of complaints about all aspects of the game, including missed ETAs. I see the same people still complaining.  I'm sorry you were banned, but I suspect it was due to 'how you said it' and not as much 'what you said'.  

Honestly, I get tired of some of the excessive responses people post (not saying you did) and I find a stricter policy to be quite refreshing. However, it's just my opinion.  Maybe you can contact them directly to find out exactly what the problem was and address it with them, if you haven't already. 

17 hours ago, Nubsly said:

-Nubsly

I would def take a trip to SImShitty site, Rusts Site and D3 in the old days site and just review so that you dont destroy your fan base like they did. Remember rust is only sec to ARK in ea sales it was number one. That guy running rust is a complete ass and tool. Now the most popular ea game is dead for the most part because of their practices. You guys are def better but its a thin line to cross before you start losing people.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, SimpleSiren said:

Well thats def something to work on/Change. If I didnt know about Ark and I came and saw a bunch of locked threads id just leave. Just and observation.

Locking and closing a thread is the same thing. As bubblywums said the whole reason this conversation was started was because a member asked her to close their own thread. Let's not turn this thread into a useless back and forth. We respect and love to interact with our community members so you can rest assured that moderation with be handled in a fair but appropriate manner by our awesome team.

Now let's go jump into some other threads and start sharing our awesome ARK experiences :D

6 minutes ago, Casanova said:

Locking and closing a thread is the same thing. As bubblywums said the whole reason this conversation was started was because a member asked her to close their own thread. Let's not turn this thread into a useless back and forth. We respect and love to interact with our community members so you can rest assured that moderation with be handled in a fair but appropriate manner by our awesome team.

Now let's go jump into some other threads and start sharing our awesome ARK experiences :D

Will Do Just a suggestion GL with everything.

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2015 at 11:46 AM, SimpleSiren said:

Just a warning, Simpoopy did this it did not turn out well for their game. The studio doesn't even exist anymore cause the treated complaints as nuisances instead of complaints, drowned out unhappy players. Just a thought. Never turns out good for the studios that do this. Ever. And I dont mean this to be mean or anything like that, Its just a fact. Simpoopy, Rust ect all did it they are ghost towns.

The nazi style behavior by the Wild Card staff on these forums is outrageous. It's nice to see other people noticing it too!

• GP locked this topic

Archived