Will there be any new maps or additions to the current map?

Brindled

19 minutes ago, Brindled said:

Not that I've finished exploring, by any means, however I am curious as to the plans for future development. Has there been any mention of expanding the current map or indications of different maps in the future? It was a topic that came up while playing with friends. I appreciate any knowledge about this. 

I think they said they're planning on releasing DLC at some point, besides boss arenas and a possible desert biome, the most likely chance for a map expansion would be DLC I'd assume.

1 minute ago, Tsundere Dragon said:

Isles be a separate map or more small islands off the coast of the main one?

The dev statement below is from Digest 20:

Survivor, David Bowie’s Bum asks, “What can we expect from the ocean in future updates?”

Answer:

We have a lot of sea creatures in the works! As well as an expansion of the playable sea area along with a deeper max depth, and a sea Cave-Dungeon. Furthermore, you can also expect an entire Oceanic/Isles ARK ;)

Original link:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/487876568223066318/#p1

48 minutes ago, Lacking Rhythm said:

I wonder if they're still planning procedural maps? I prefer these, feels more adventurous to me. 

(For those who don't know, procedural basically means randomly generated by a machine, not infinite)

I'm not sure... hasn't been much talk about procedural maps for quite a bit of time...

I'm keeping an eye on some of the larger workshop maps on the way. 

The current map is pretty but as a place to play Arc its horrible.  Its too small for good PVP, the entire central area is just a fly over zone and the ocean is something you dive under for a few minutes when you need oil or pearls. 

The upcoming maps are large enough that new tribes can hide while they gather resources and large bodies of water in the middle mean dino fleets could be useful. 

I remember them saying they were never going to do actual purchasble DLC. So it will be free additions if it's in the DLC section.. Secondly, I also recall they said they can't add anything but water expansions(limited as well) to the current map with out messing with the engine/terrain. Lots of new maps though. Larger, smaller. More water. More land. Stuff like that.

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 9:12 PM, NexVentor said:

Yup agreed. No micro but there will be free and purchasable DLC.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2015 at 6:29 PM, Klaytos said:

They said no microtransactions, for sure. But I don't think they ever said the actual DLC would be free.

In fact, I think they specifically said paid DLC's were going to be a thing.

On 12/12/2015 at 6:21 PM, Deadman said:

At this point I'm just hoping for a new map. The Vahalla one looks promising but I don't think my server would run it well

Please tell me you're trolling or just mis-typed. Valhalla is one of the oldest and long abandoned maps. Those devs are now working on Ragnarok.

Did you mean the volcano by chance?

On 12/10/2015 at 4:44 PM, Lacking Rhythm said:

I wonder if they're still planning procedural maps? I prefer these, feels more adventurous to me. 

(For those who don't know, procedural basically means randomly generated by a machine, not infinite)

We already have that option. It's just not an official server thing. Actually, I don't recall them ever saying it would be, but I could be totally wrong on that.

Archived