Need Some Help

Lord0wnage

[PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED]
It was a key bind issue that I just figured out

Hello! So I recently downloaded Ark Survival Evolved a few weeks ago and I've been running into a problem. I am currently playing single player on The Island map and I've noticed this issue with my tamed dinosaurs. I am unable to access certain things, such as behavior, harvest settings, modify order groups, options, etc. Along with that, when I place my eggs near multiple heat sources, I am unable to see an egg hatching timer. If anyone could tell me why this is happening I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Ark_Issue (2).jpg

I’m not too sure about what “approaching the dinosaur” differently is. Also, I have seen videos where when someone drops an egg it shows an incubation timer and the temperature needed. Mine doesn’t show that as well. I feel like I’m just missing something very obvious, but I’m a new player so ?

1 hour ago, Lord0wnage said:

I’m not too sure about what “approaching the dinosaur” differently is. Also, I have seen videos where when someone drops an egg it shows an incubation timer and the temperature needed. Mine doesn’t show that as well. I feel like I’m just missing something very obvious, but I’m a new player so ?

The egg must be fertilized egg from a mating pair of dinos. And the desired temperature must achieved during incubating. Otherwise you'll see "too hot" or "too cold" in tooltip.

1 hour ago, Lord0wnage said:

I’m not too sure about what “approaching the dinosaur” differently is. 

It depends. If the dino is further away from you it pops up a restricted radial wheel. Also happens when you try to access your dino and something like a wall is blocking you. Is this a constant problem or is it just happening occasionally ?

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

It depends. If the dino is further away from you it pops up a restricted radial wheel. Also happens when you try to access your dino and something like a wall is blocking you. Is this a constant problem or is it just happening occasionally ?

I'm getting this problem constantly, no matter where the dinosaur is. I've tested it on my rexes, my trike, my carnos, my therizinosaurus and have had no change in result. As for the eggs, I heard that you had to have your dinos set to wander in order for them to lay a fertilized egg. My dinos have been laying eggs normally (rex and carno) but I've tried incubating them to no avail as well. 

21 minutes ago, Lord0wnage said:

As for the eggs, I heard that you had to have your dinos set to wander in order for them to lay a fertilized egg. My dinos have been laying eggs normally (rex and carno) but I've tried incubating them to no avail as well. 

Yes, you need to set your tames to wander for mating (I would suggest penning them in close quarters or using the new dino leash on minimum settings for larger tames) and then they will mate and produce fertilized eggs (eggs will have a reddish/orange "smoke" coming from them as well as show parents names, incubation and egg health percentages. You will also get unfertilized eggs when tames are not breeding which can be used for kibble. 

1 hour ago, OMCWILDCAT said:

Yes, you need to set your tames to wander for mating (I would suggest penning them in close quarters or using the new dino leash on minimum settings for larger tames) and then they will mate and produce fertilized eggs (eggs will have a reddish/orange "smoke" coming from them as well as show parents names, incubation and egg health percentages. You will also get unfertilized eggs when tames are not breeding which can be used for kibble. 

The only problem is my option wheel, like I showed in the photo on my first post, is blue on behavior and a bunch of other things. If you know how I can fix that, that would be great lol. But I guess that’s why I can’t get fertilized eggs, I’m unable to set my Dino’s to wander. 

On 12/4/2018 at 11:41 AM, Lord0wnage said:

The only problem is my option wheel, like I showed in the photo on my first post, is blue on behavior and a bunch of other things. If you know how I can fix that, that would be great lol. But I guess that’s why I can’t get fertilized eggs, I’m unable to set my Dino’s to wander. 

In the picture above you have "behavior" on the wheel. If you select that option a new group of options will open which will include enable/disable wandering.

Archived