Extinction Release Megathread

ItWasntMe

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Resurrected said:

What  a lousy release. You ussualy expect lags or bugs.... not ehh this

Think of this like a degustation menu, this here is the 1st of many courses of  happiness and disappointment  lol.. hopefully by the time we get to the dessert  part all this shall be just a memory best forgotten

1 minute ago, Hannoky.Bufu said:

Cryopods don't sound like something that would be available upon character creation, is it?

Wouldn't it make sense to disable their being craftable and then RELEASE THE FREAKING GAME and patch later this afternoon? 

heilige scheiße

Just now, StickmanStan said:

Cryopods don't sound like something that would be available upon character creation, is it?

Wouldn't it make sense to disable their being craftable and then RELEASE THE FREAKING GAME and patch later this afternoon? 

heilige scheiße

I agree with you, just release your game at the exact date you said 4 month ago, and patch this later, you have many players who wait right now...

Just now, ChunkyMonkey said:

i just had a thought.. back to abby release and all the people crying because it wouldnt install and they had to do a full wipe and reinstall due to how ark/steam downloads and installs.. i am getting a funny feeling this could be the 1st levl of rage.. haha

I didn't have to do a wipe and reinstall for it.  Steam literally did it automatically on my end, and same for plenty of people I know.  it literally uninstalled the game entirely, and re downloaded it.  had an entire 120GB that it had to allocate the space for to download, and we were all flipping out like "DILO why do we all have 120GB less than what we should?"

1 minute ago, Slywolf117 said:

I didn't have to do a wipe and reinstall for it.  Steam literally did it automatically on my end, and same for plenty of people I know.  it literally uninstalled the game entirely, and re downloaded it.  had an entire 120GB that it had to allocate the space for to download, and we were all flipping out like "DILO why do we all have 120GB less than what we should?"

yeah ark is like 60 or 70 gb with dlc maps, so 120 is bout right as it normally needs double space, we had people on our cluster with 120gb ssd's who had to uninstall and reinstall from scratch,

3 minutes ago, ChunkyMonkey said:

yeah ark is like 60 or 70 gb with dlc maps, so 120 is bout right as it normally needs double space, we had people on our cluster with 120gb ssd's who had to uninstall and reinstall from scratch,

The game is 120-130ish GB, that's with no mods installed(with all DLC).  The game installs the DLC stuff regardless if you have the dlc's paid for because of the dino/item data and such for transfers.  But you don't have access to the maps unless you paid for the DLC/Season pass.  Found this out as well with a friend who has only Rag/Center/SE and not Ab.  his Total size for storage matches.

Archived