Why Do PvP'ers and PvE'ers Clash??

TINYMAN

Only play PvE with friends(ish), with clear rules, and on a modded server where the mods make up for everything that the regular PvE lacks but should've had. I personally prefer PvP, I find regular PvE just straight up boring because once you've got every tame in a week or so all you can do is breed them endlessly hoping to get 100 more base HP. Mods keep it interesting :)

I haven't played a lot of PvE

Mostly because I can't find an official server where I can actually play Ark. Like tame a dino. Like find a place to drop my primitive fire place to cook some food to stop me from dying!  On PvP no matter how toxic the community on a particular is (and in my experience - mostly they are not toxic) - as a player you can DO something about it. With PvE, unless you happen to hit a clean server when it was launched you are stuck! Can't go steal someones dino because they got lots and I can't get one. Can't go blow someones boat up cause their boats are just reserving dino cap and they have like 20 of them. Can't build a boat and live like a nomad cause boats are dinos and I can't tame any dinos. Can't even take a pickaxe to a wooden pillar to make a place to drop my damn fire!

I have played single player a lot. I have also run my own server a lot. It was PvP - but there was only the tribe of my family - so mostly PvE until someone got fed up with the peace, left the tribe and caused some havoc. I get that it might be fun (for a while) to play without risk (or certainty :) ) of someone blowing your stuff up, but (without igniting the Unofficial / Official debate again) it ain't possible!

To my mind the fundamental "clash" between the two player types is that there is something missing in PvE where a starting player on an established server has literally no hope of progressing.

6 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Errr PvE still exists in PvP buddy, and vice versa because tribe wars turns on PvP in PvE for a mutually agreed upon time.

ofc it does exist...but even the pve things we do on PVP is different from the PvE mode. 

So its two different games and half of the questions here could be separated cuz they do not matter to pvp (or pve) players most of the time.

So its logical to put foruns separated. That would solve everything and turn the information easier and more organised to obtain  here

1 hour ago, DirkInSA said:

To my mind the fundamental "clash" between the two player types is that there is something missing in PvE where a starting player on an established server has literally no hope of progressing.

Not entirely true , I had trouble finding a place in se and I haven't been back to Abb since I tried pvp but on my island we get newcomers all the time even on my little beach alone , sometimes someone gives up and a new person moves in , just a little difficult finding space right on the ocean lots inland and in the arctic though

44 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

Not entirely true , I had trouble finding a place in se and I haven't been back to Abb since I tried pvp but on my island we get newcomers all the time even on my little beach alone , sometimes someone gives up and a new person moves in , just a little difficult finding space right on the ocean lots inland and in the arctic though

OK cool, so a non tame capped server does exist - I ain't found one yet - I've only tried 6 - 7 so far mostly in the EU region.

Guest DJRone89
56 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

No I think it has a 500 tame limit,  which I'm cool with I solo it , doubt I'll ever come close 

Official servers have a tame cap of 5500-6500 (possibly more?) depending on the map. This is the same for both PvP and PvE. The guy you were replying to was asking if the server was capped, not your personal tribe tame cap.

Guest DJRone89
8 hours ago, jpcab said:

ofc it does exist...but even the pve things we do on PVP is different from the PvE mode. 

So its two different games and half of the questions here could be separated cuz they do not matter to pvp (or pve) players most of the time.

So its logical to put foruns separated. That would solve everything and turn the information easier and more organised to obtain  here

If you have such an issue with game mode segregation, try using the tag feature and get more people on board towards your cause. The website developer isn’t going to do what you are requesting simply because the tag system is there. Just because people don’t use it doesn’t mean the forum should be redesigned to suit your individual needs.

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

If you have such an issue with game mode segregation, try using the tag feature and get more people on board towards your cause. The website developer isn’t going to do what you are requesting simply because the tag system is there. Just because people don’t use it doesn’t mean the forum should be redesigned to suit your individual needs.

Its a suggestion. U don t like it its your problem

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, jpcab said:

Its a suggestion. U don t like it its your problem

The tag system is already in place. Use it, that’s your problem.

Played on PvP servers, sometimes in alpha tribes, and tbh, unless you're in the 2-3 mega alpha tribes out there, your base/dinos are just waiting to be erased - which is fine, if you dont get too attached to them.

Now, I play PvE, its not better, its just a completely different game which you can center more around breeding, trading, building nice structures, ... currently enjoying more this gamemode, might go back to PvP someday though, for the adrenaline and trying to outsmart your opponent.

Archived