pve Imprinted giga capable of killing wild titan?

juzek19985

1 hour ago, juzek19985 said:

Hi, I just wanted to know what melee do you actually really need in order to kill a wild titan on the official server, does anyone know?

According to the title of your post, a giga imprinted.

Saddle 90+, 33K HP, 350+ Melee is enough. For this you will need to imprinted 90% to 100%.

If you get mutated giga, better yet.

Quality imprinting and high melee is all you need to kill titans.

I had a pair of mate boosted 100% imprint gigas on official hardcore primitive servers before they were removed (RIP). Both gigas had prim saddles and 475%+ melee once leveled up. They could tank and kill titans with no issues. Rage meter is never a problem but you ended up losing 40-50% hp for the duration of the fight.

If you have enough room (like the Rag Deathsands), you can do it with a high level tamed giga equipped with a prim saddle simply by moving backwards in a straight line. The titan can barely keep up in terms of speed and regularly change directions when losing aggro/low hp.

Good luck.
Regards.

As darkholis says, if you do it properly, you won't take any damage. Therefore, you could use any giga to kill one. the problem you will run into is stamina. Once you are out of that, it is harder to move quick enough to stay away from the titans attacks. If you are very careful about your stamina, have a decent melee giga, and have plenty of room to back up you will be able to kill it with no issue. If you get stuck somewhere, wait for the titan to attack, as soon as he lift up you can bolt from under him and take no more than 2 shots total. You have to have stamina though to do that. If you take more than about 3 hits in a row, your giga will rage and kill you. Sounds harder than it really is. An imprinted giga with very high melee just makes it go quicker. It's the same issues there.

To help with Stamina drain, create a recipe using 10 STACKS of stimberries.   Do not eat this yourself, it will kill you with thirst.  For pets it constantly replaces stamina for several minutes, that way during the fight the stamina will last longer.  I use it on my air-trap quetzal to be able to tame Quetzals in the air like we did in the old days.

5 hours ago, arrojado1200 said:

According to the title of your post, a giga imprinted.

Saddle 90+, 33K HP, 350+ Melee is enough. For this you will need to imprinted 90% to 100%.

If you get mutated giga, better yet.

I'm currently raising an Adolescent Giga and it current 71% imprint with 29.8k hp and 337 melees, would that still able to take down one If I use 101+ asc saddle?

12 hours ago, JamesDoty said:

To help with Stamina drain, create a recipe using 10 STACKS of stimberries.   Do not eat this yourself, it will kill you with thirst.  For pets it constantly replaces stamina for several minutes, that way during the fight the stamina will last longer.  I use it on my air-trap quetzal to be able to tame Quetzals in the air like we did in the old days.

If I remember correctly your are allowed to put only 8 stacks of something in a recipe...

10 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

If I remember correctly your are allowed to put only 8 stacks of something in a recipe...

It has been a while since I made it.  I concentrate on building anymore, so have not tamed  much in a long time.  Not sure how many stacks are allowed, sorry about that.  I do know when I made it and used it on the Quetz, it would slowly replace around 1400 stam over several minutes. 

Archived