April 1st is just around the corner...

DudeAwesome

On 3/18/2018 at 11:13 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

This years April Fool’s joke will undoubtably take the salt from the saltiest of the salty on the forum. 

Wait for it...

Yep. And they have every right to voice their disdain for being lied to. Or don't you remember the flyer nerf last year where we were told that after the large hit to flyers, we'd be receiving multiple small buffs in order to balance them? We got one "buff" which wasn't really much of one. Jat had a nice chuckle though when he gave everyone the middle finger while laughing about how our flyers will make great base decorations.

IIRC the purpose of the flyer nerf was to force players to utilize land dinos more. Which made no since because a few weeks later they then nerfed the hell out of land dino movement speed and player movement speed. Which of course ruined all the speed dinos we had been raising and taming since the flyer nerf, and once again everyone is back on flyers like the nerf never happened. Except for the fact that our flyers were and still are unbearably slow.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Or don't you remember the flyer nerf last year where we were told that after the large hit to flyers, we'd be receiving multiple small buffs in order to balance them? We got one "buff" which wasn't really much of one

Fixed it for you. "And they have every right to voice their disdain for being absurdly feeling like they were lied to"

Not sure why I have to keep saying this.

They said they would buff them until they decided they were fine. Never ever once was there a promise for X+ buffs.

They buffed them once, twice and then decided they were fine.

31 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

Yep. And they have every right to voice their disdain for being lied to. Or don't you remember the flyer nerf last year where we were told that after the large hit to flyers, we'd be receiving multiple small buffs in order to balance them? We got one "buff" which wasn't really much of one. Jat had a nice chuckle though when he gave everyone the middle finger while laughing about how our flyers will make great base decorations.

IIRC the purpose of the flyer nerf was to force players to utilize land dinos more. Which made no since because a few weeks later they then nerfed the hell out of land dino movement speed and player movement speed. Which of course ruined all the speed dinos we had been raising and taming since the flyer nerf, and once again everyone is back on flyers like the nerf never happened. Except for the fact that our flyers were and still are unbearably slow.

I may be wrong, but I wasn't under the impression that Joe was suggesting people shouldn't complain. From what I read he was suggesting that this event will be so fun the salt would be removed from even the saltiest of players. Personally, I'm not as optimistic as Joe. It's a lot to ask considering many folks enjoy salt so much they'll stew on the same frustrations for months or years on end and bring them up again in all sorts of non-relevant discussions.

And on an unrelated side note, IIRC, as far as I know this thread had absolutely nothing to do with the movement speed balances from last year. 

• Volunteer Moderator

The problem with this thread is that it doesn't really have a pointed topic. It started off light hearted and as most threads that start that way without a central subject, just degrades into a general salt-all for anybody's personal pet issues.

So let's drive it back to something resembling talk about cheeky April 1st hijinks or I don't see it lasting much longer.

11 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

So let's drive it back to something resembling talk about cheeky April 1st hijinks or I don't see it lasting much longer.

Everything is dodos. We log in on April first and we have little beach dodos that lay eggs and run away when hit, slightly bigger dodos that run around spitting acid, medium sized dodos that hunt in packs and bite people, large dodos that live in the snow and gather wood with their beaks, water dodos that can lick things to knock them out and jump really high, and even little poop throwing dodos that sit on your shoulder. 

Dodos. Dodos everywhere.

April 1

"Confounded cave! Today I awoke to find the entirety of our menagerie neck deep in their own droppings. It's not just our menagerie either. Every animal I encounter is evacuating a quantity of excrement that vastly exceeds what should be feasible for creatures of their stature. At this rate the entire cavern could be filled to the brim by week's end! While my patience with this strange place is wearing thin, I'll admit that I took some pleasure in recalling Miss Walker's insistence upon bunking in the barn with her beasts." ~Sir Edmund Rockwell

Archived