Z Plants Ruined

Userforce

I sais before i think this nerf was needed compard to the rest of the game.  Im an SP guy so basically PvE.  I have no experience on aberration and therefore none with z plants.  But from what i can tell it was to OP compared to how healing works in this game.  I to believe this nerf is PvP based and an attempt to stop base raiders from healing super fast and claiming victory with no casualties.  So Raiders had an IQ moment and people cried about it...I have an idea people.  Why not build your base around a z plant like water veins in SE?  No one said you couldnt use it too.  That would lead to 2 things, either an endless war(Kinda cool actually), or a drawn out one which for players who love that part of PvP would find it to be an endless fountain of fun.  I have no problem with this nerf.  I would like a little easier time healing tho.  We can heal ourselves with quite a lot of points in hp in like a minute.  Why is there no medicine for dinos?  I dont want an instant heal, just a lil faster.  Heck meat heals 8(Normal)-20(prime) points for us per meat and thats ok but a dino that has 10-100x our health only gets 5 and prime does nothing to its hp.  Lets thow skyrim pve out there again.  After busting your butt with alchemy you can create very strong healing potions and theres even full heal potions .  Heck we should be able to use custom recipes on our dinos for hp.  It would require plenty of supplies and do a decent job in trade off.  OR make a med brew thats roughly 50-100x stronger then the human one for dinos.  This game already bores me to death when im hunting for a specific dino then you have to raid the area to get new spawns so your bird needs hp so lets take even more time to heal...Thats hours of time spent looking for 1 darn pack of pixels!  Then you gotta Knock it out and tame it...I feel like im cheating if i monkey with the sliders but how are normal people suppose to enjoy this without basically cheating?  I gave myself the 2.5x taming and 3x food consumption because its just to much and i even feel like im cheating even tho where i have my settings feels a lot better and proper for a video game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I'll say it right now, I'm on PVE.

Both liked and disliked Z plants. Liked, because it made it easy to regenerate a dino after being in a pinch (and often, right in the middle of the fight!). I also disliked them a lot because it trivialized dinos and stats. So normally, when going to a risky situation (say, reaper queen hunting) you would have a single dino, and KNOWING that there were millions of z plants (hey, maybe they couldve removed all red zone z plants instead) I would have absolutely NO FEAR of losing. Yes, there were dozens of queens in my path: so what? I could regen. Who needs to pump points in hp? Melee suffices. On any other map, you get the "oh dammit, I'm screwed" moment whenever attrition gets your hp too low. It's more like a survival game. Which is what ark is.

I concede that there are alternatives to the solution, like not placing god plants where they don't need to be, such as the halls of the reaper queen. I also think that now that they are not nearly as powerful, that players should have the ability to get the same effect when planting z plants of their own. I feel like the usefulness gap of this item will no longer be WAYYY out of line, like it once was.

The thing is, with 2x especially, getting meat is ridiculously easy (for the purpose of healing), and it's never too much difficulty to farm enough to keep yourself healed.  I haven't encountered a situation such as you've described in a very long time -- maybe it's my playstyle, maybe it's my skill and experience or the way I spec my dinos, but losing dinos in this type of situation is impossibly rare for me.  When I do lose my dinos, it's usually because my character dies or is incapacitated, and my usually passive stance dinos are killed before I can return for rescue.  This isn't the kind of situation a Z Plant is going to save me from.  The other times I die, especially on Aberration, are due to server lag.  Aberration's average ping during times of high traffic average in the range of 170-250+, which is when drakes stop gliding, climb frustratingly glitched and fall off surfaces for no good reason.  When lag like this hits (pretty much is this way for the entire weekend) and you're over pink water, you can usually kiss your dinos and items goodbye. 

In fact, most of the high danger situations on Aberration are because of insanely high server ping, with massive .5-2 second input lag and accompanying drake foolishness, or because of glitched things like reaper queens pushing drakes under the mesh.  

I know there's people that use the Z Plants for reaper taming and alpha killing, but in all honesty, they're only required if you have dumpy drakes.  It's perfectly easy to do these fights without Z Plants with crabs, and a standard 175+ drake and decent saddle.  Not only that, but megas absolutely wreck everything.  As I mentioned before, my megas are pretty solid with nearly 20k hp, 1500 stam, and 800 melee, I think my mega could easily kill 10 queens at once, and probably one after the other, after the other without ever needing a Z Plant.  But as I've said before, it's super annoying moving megas around the map -- in general, any dino that can't make use of ziplines.

42 minutes ago, Userforce said:

The thing is, with 2x especially, getting meat is ridiculously easy (for the purpose of healing), and it's never too much difficulty to farm enough to keep yourself healed.  I haven't encountered a situation such as you've described in a very long time -- maybe it's my playstyle, maybe it's my skill and experience or the way I spec my dinos, but losing dinos in this type of situation is impossibly rare for me.  When I do lose my dinos, it's usually because my character dies or is incapacitated, and my usually passive stance dinos are killed before I can return for rescue.  This isn't the kind of situation a Z Plant is going to save me from.  The other times I die, especially on Aberration, are due to server lag.  Aberration's average ping during times of high traffic average in the range of 170-250+, which is when drakes stop gliding, climb frustratingly glitched and fall off surfaces for no good reason.  When lag like this hits (pretty much is this way for the entire weekend) and you're over pink water, you can usually kiss your dinos and items goodbye. 

In fact, most of the high danger situations on Aberration are because of insanely high server ping, with massive .5-2 second input lag and accompanying drake foolishness, or because of glitched things like reaper queens pushing drakes under the mesh.  

I know there's people that use the Z Plants for reaper taming and alpha killing, but in all honesty, they're only required if you have dumpy drakes.  It's perfectly easy to do these fights without Z Plants with crabs, and a standard 175+ drake and decent saddle.  Not only that, but megas absolutely wreck everything.  As I mentioned before, my megas are pretty solid with nearly 20k hp, 1500 stam, and 800 melee, I think my mega could easily kill 10 queens at once, and probably one after the other, after the other without ever needing a Z Plant.  But as I've said before, it's super annoying moving megas around the map -- in general, any dino that can't make use of ziplines.

Not to mention, megas aggro everything and their mother. Would not recommend in red zone, you get hit by a purlovia while fighting a queen, then you can go byebye.

I have a  suggestion, since theyre likely to not revert the change, I would consider having multiple drakes for egg hunting. If one gets low, just switch it out, and park the other by a z plant while you farm more. It'll have the same effect ;)

On 3/18/2018 at 12:49 AM, Ranger1 said:

As PVE in ARK is currently rather easy to survive, the point I was making was that if PVE balancing efforts were split off completely from PVP it would requiring a significantly larger amount of development time.  To justify that increased developer workload PVE would tend to become more challenging than it is now, and survival would become increasingly difficult.  I wasn't condoning meat spamming or free plant heals taking longer, I was pointing out that they would likely go away completely... achieving the exact opposite result from the one you desire.

This concept should be a fundamental core of every "PvP and PvE need separate balances!" argument. The people that aren't happy now still aren't going to be happy if they split PvE and PvP. This isn't an issue of separating the two game modes to make people happy. The same people will be making the same types of complaints, but they'll end up being more like, "I told you to change it but you changed it wrong. Change it the way I said!"

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 8:58 PM, invincibleqc said:

Why was it nerfed for a mode over another? I mean, if the plants were OP on PvP, they were also OP on PvE. The difference is that wild creatures cannot voice their opinion on how OP they were unlike defenders on PvP. The speed at which they were healing was simply ridiculous and everyone knows it.

Your view is very short sighted, much like the flyers nerf is more damaging to pve than pvp it just makes it slower but ultimately changes nothing at all if someone is bullet soaking then plant healing they are gonna continue to do it on pvp on pve it just means stirring around even more like we don't already do that enough abb isn't difficult had an easier time starting from the ground up on abb than I did se or rag. So all in all this nerf just means a couple extra minutes for pvp and pve, which is just a hassle for pve it isn't difficult is annoying if I'm sitting at a plant z on a reap with 35k hp and 700+ melee nothing stands a chance in hell anyway so it's just wasting or time because a few little bitches won't keep their cock holster shut. I can sight a specific example of how this nerf did nothing usually I run Rockwell multiple times in a row from a drop that spawn near my base there is also az plant there, by the time the drop respawns my srego and karkinos are still back at full hp so this nerf did 0 it did nothing, if someone is honestly relying solely on plants to heal their poopty dinos they are just bad at the game I only use them when I apply like 30 lvls at once to hp so all in all just a quality of life change nothing stops or prevents me from doing exactly as I did before. 

I mean guys come on. You don't get the massive impact it have on PvP? Last night as soon as transfers opened we went to raid Aberration server. Encountered 100 heavy death wall. 

Usually on other map we would move to turrets slowly so only certain amount of them would be shooting, have vegi cakes on stegos to heal them until they eventually would die or parked in safety for slow reheal so would require quite a bit of stegos and time to soak 100 heavies with around 2k ammo in each turret.

Last night we went with 4 stegos. Just charged in until all heavies started shooting and backed up outside turret firing range, crab picked it up and carried to plant Z while others went in to take over the soak. We drained around 200k bullets in 45 minutes without losing a single stego and spending mby stack of vegi cakes between them all.

To soak 100 heavies with 2k bullets each on other maps would take 10x more stegos, time, vegi cakes etc

So please tell me again this nerf on PC wasnt necessary? Sorry, but Aberration defenders on consoles are raptored now.

Archived