Ark Lore: Mei-Yin Li is a Cheater

Kayin

1 hour ago, Kayin said:

In her notes she talks about using the "Demon King" to beat the Megapithecus.  Yet you can't take Gigas into boss fights.

I call hax.  Mods, please ban Mei-Yin Li.

-K

She must have been using a drag weight mod or something.  I love it how the lore directly contradicts the actual in game abilities. She must have done this before the Giga nerf too, because there is no way a 17 or 18K health non-imprinted Giga is beating the Megapithecus.   I remember finding Mei-Yin Note number 26 and going "Thats not how this works, thats not how any of this works"

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That note was probably written before there was arenas and that summoning the bosses spawned them directly at the obelisk.

Mei-Yin note 25

Spoiler

It is a gamble, no question. Helena said that she did not know if this pillar of light will behave like the other one. Yet if it does, if we are transported to some other plane to battle a monster for a mysterious key, then there's a chance that this could be the first step on the path home. If not that, then at least a path away from this island and the New Legion.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Mei-Yin note 25

Hide contents

It is a gamble, no question. Helena said that she did not know if this pillar of light will behave like the other one. Yet if it does, if we are transported to some other plane to battle a monster for a mysterious key, then there's a chance that this could be the first step on the path home. If not that, then at least a path away from this island and the New Legion.

"if", I guess they don't know what will happens yet. :P

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

"if", I guess they don't know what will happens yet. :P

Mei Yin note 27

Spoiler

Damn those New Legion cowards! At full strength, I could have fended them off, but they attacked just as we returned to the pillar of light. What beasts I had were exhausted, and the Demon King flew into a rage before I could start a retreat. When that happened, all hope was lost.

Nerva Note 25

Spoiler

When my army arrived at the obelisk, I feared we were too late. The Beast Queen was nowhere to be found. I was about to order a search of the area when I was blinded by a flash of light. Suddenly, the barbarian horde was right before us, and battle was joined.

:P

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

Mei Yin note 27

Reveal hidden contents

Nerva Note 25

Hide contents

When my army arrived at the obelisk, I feared we were too late. The Beast Queen was nowhere to be found. I was about to order a search of the area when I was blinded by a flash of light. Suddenly, the barbarian horde was right before us, and battle was joined.

:P

Ah well, I don't know then. I should probably take the time to read the story at some point; it looks entertaining. ^_^

Maybe in the past there were little to no restrictions on boss fights, but after incident with Mei Yin Overseers set some restrictions on the type and amount of creatures survivors can bring with them to test their mettle. Fits perfectly with:

1 hour ago, Eli said:

Mei-Yin is just one of our internal testers and she's chronicling her misadventures before an update goes live :^)

8 minutes ago, CitoaK said:

It would be nice if the notes were in english...I like the lore but I'm not taking the time to interpret all of them or google an english version. This game consumes too much time as it is...

Click the bars on the top right of the note, it puts what the note says in English on the bottom

16 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Mei-Yin note 25

Hide contents

Not to beat the dead horse on this one... but before Boss Arenas, the only boss you could summon was Broodmother.  Ape Boss came into the game only after Boss Arenas were a thing.

I doubt that tweet about Gigas is for real.  Even if you could bring Gigas into the Boss Arenas, Brood Mother, at least, would enrage the giga SUPER quick.  We tried using Gigas against her back when you could summon her to the obelisk.  Things went south super quick... and that was with decent saddles when saddles provided resistance. 

Reapers are great for Boss Fights, to a point.  They have great damage resist and do slightly more damage then a rex at base... that being said, they are huge.  You could fit more rexes or theris on the bosses than you could Reapers.  However, if you don't have a good saddle BP for the Theri or Rex yet, Reaper may be the way to go.

Archived