thanks wildcard, im off

markmanngm

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, OnexCrazy said:

I checked some on the list most are taken off I asked dev about it they never replied I found 3 servers near mine that was on list are still active as well. Now the list is gone lol

The list was recently taken down as the work is almost finished.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, catnip said:

The point is WildCard did notify the general playerbase as to their intentions to close those particular legacy servers, allowing the players a month's time to get their animals/items/resources off the servers on the kill list. There has been chatter on the forums, and I even heard folks on my center server talking about the planned closures. There was also a notice posted on the log-in screen announcing the great migration. WildCard is not obligated to send notices to each individual player about their plans, and most players would be really irritated by the amount of spam this would generate in their email if they were to do so. This did not happen out of the blue. If you want to stay current, check the forums and community crunch newsfeeds. Doing so would've prevented the situation you found yourself in.

I'm sorry you found yourself into the situation, but was simply pointing out that WildCard DID give the players a month's notice of their plans, as opposed to the earlier servers killed in August with only a weeks time for folks to get stuff moved.

I'm going to chime in here.  When it comes to announcements concerning a new paid DLC, there's that splash upon logging in saying to buy it.  When it comes to quality of life, or major announcements, Wildcard seems to ignore that in favor of posting to the forums, a place they readily admit few players use (Jeremy, in a Community Crunch, I believe, stated that less than 40% of people use these forums, and even less use Reddit).  These are the only places we see things like this.  So, if you're not routinely prowling on the servers or the Reddits, you likely would have missed this.

And don't mention Twitter.  They spam so much crap I'm pretty sure Twitter's algorithms don't show Jat or Jeremy's posts as much anymore on my feed.

We can blame OP all we want, it doesn't negate the fact that Wildcard is just complete garbage with warning the community in ways other than the forums, Reddit, and Twitter.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, catnip said:

The point is WildCard did notify the general playerbase as to their intentions to close those particular legacy servers, allowing the players a month's time to get their animals/items/resources off the servers on the kill list. There has been chatter on the forums, and I even heard folks on my center server talking about the planned closures. There was also a notice posted on the log-in screen announcing the great migration. WildCard is not obligated to send notices to each individual player about their plans, and most players would be really irritated by the amount of spam this would generate in their email if they were to do so. This did not happen out of the blue. If you want to stay current, check the forums and community crunch newsfeeds. Doing so would've prevented the situation you found yourself in.

I'm sorry you found yourself into the situation, but was simply pointing out that WildCard DID give the players a month's notice of their plans, as opposed to the earlier servers killed in August with only a weeks time for folks to get stuff moved.

In this players defense, WC doesn't really communicate that much with players in game, and there is no rule that says people must visit the official forum site. They could easily have added code to the load message for all the legacy servers so they were announcing it every day, and in fact having not done so is a large oversight and disrespectful of players, because while there may be a lot of cheaters on the legacy servers, not all of them are. Having run my own servers I know how easy it is to add announcements to start messages. So easy in fact, not doing it is a good sign of apathy on the part of WC and explains why the code is so buggy - they just don't care anymore. Sure they go through the motions, but it seems like it's never going to stop. The game in release state still shows a version that isn't indicative of a release version - Subnautica was version one at release date. WC can tell everyone the game is officially launched and out of EA, but when the version numbers don't back them up, it's pretty obvious we are all still pay-testing a Beta product.

I don't see how you can blame WildCard if are playing on a legacy server and ignore the communications about which ones are being decommissioned.  If you choose to play legacy knowing that low pop servers will go away it is on you to pay attention.  They had weeks of announcements and chatter, and the game had a notice that there was another wave coming every time you start it up.  And what about the other players on the server, surely it was the subject of some discussion?  If there were no other players that was its own giant clue.

If you don't want to worry about the server going away then play on new official, that has been the choice you have been making since the game went general release.

Or get the server save file and just play SP on it and you will be having the same experience as hunkering down on legacy anyway.

Flaming the game company and acting entitled and not responsible for your own choices seems to be part of this community.

1 hour ago, Irinian said:

says right there at the top of the news bar where it has for the last month to go find out more about the great migration 2 its not wildcards fault you didnt follow through. They gave you plenty of warning.

20180311134030_1.jpg

I think this text came up with the last patch, on March 7th or 8th though. I believe I said to my husband "hey look, that's a pretty late warning".

5 hours ago, Weiss said:

I think this text came up with the last patch, on March 7th or 8th though. I believe I said to my husband "hey look, that's a pretty late warning".

I can confirm that, i am not sure when exactly it was shown, but definitively not the hole month before wipe. It came up something about the last week before the 9th.

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, BoboOfTheFriendlies said:

If you choose to play legacy knowing that low pop servers will go away it is on you to pay attention.  

If you don't want to worry about the server going away then play on new official, that has been the choice you have been making since the game went general release.

The above paragraphs pretty much kill it.

So @markmanngm Sure Wildcard could have made the notice clearer but you have to be pretty entitled to think that your server would remain safe above all others and not ever think to look at any upcoming news on legacy servers in general.

The only way you could miss this, is if you completely ignored the first great migration, but how would you have known to find your legacy server after the new official cluster launched in the first place, and why not question the future of legacy servers right there and then?

Sometimes in life things happen we don't like. Two options, temper tantrum or adapt and overcome. This thread being four pages indicates there must be a shortage of therapists. I miss the part why this needs to be complained about so much. Sure vent, it's your right but seriously it's happening...get...over...it. Rip of the bandage and move on. What's done is done, it is what it is, and it's out of my control are some good phrases to keep in mind. Complaining going to change anything... probably not. Dear lord I need to buy stock in kleenex with all this crying.

1 minute ago, Zederia said:

If we had not complained, we would have SOPA, ACTA and other bills designed to kill the internet as it is.

I am talking about this game. That is not even in the ballpark of what I am talking about. But to further illustrate my point with your example there is in fact a difference between complaining and voicing an opinion/making change occur with your voice. How we construct our words to voice our opinions change the meaning of what we are saying. Complaining does not equal speaking one's mind. If you don't understand (not trying to be funny or rude) I'll give some examples. But to me it seems very easy to see the difference.

@Zederia You must have missed my point so I'll try one last time to explain it for you. As I see it complaining without any attempt to provide a feasible solution or just because you don't like something is a waste of energy and spreads negativity. Also can be misleading to others who may be misinformed or unaware of the truth. Instead of people saying, "I can't stand ____ because of _____" and others joining in all screaming "Yea, we all hate this!" and creating a mob of people who don't even understand what they are upset about. Why not say okay ______ is not good because of ______ reasons. I think ______ will solve this problem. I get it not everyone is a good problem solver, it's not about knowing the answers but looking for them over crying about what you don't like. Be apart of the solution not the problem is what I am getting at. If you are one of the people doing this then what I am saying doesn't apply to you and if you see complaining the same whether it's being used negatively or positively then we will never agree because we don't see the core of what I am saying the same. When I look up the word complaining I don't see it say anywhere that after one states their dissatisfaction about something they provide solutions. So unless I missed something which is possible perhaps you should understand better the definition of the word complaining.

I am not trying to be rude, not mad, no intent to be disrespectful. Just blunt and trying to understand the confusion around why people mindlessly complain about stuff but don't try to make any difference about the issue. If it matters so much why not do something about it? Happy to discuss it with you but if not no hard feelings.

8 minutes ago, SirPeter said:

I am not trying to be rude, not mad, no intent to be disrespectful. Just blunt and trying to understand the confusion around why people mindlessly complain about stuff but don't try to make any difference about the issue. If it matters so much why not do something about it? Happy to discuss it with you but if not no hard feelings.

Simple: We're not being communicated with AT ALL! How can we talk about things that would meet anyone half-way? All of a sudden a sweeping MASSIVE change is made and we're just supposed to grit and bare it?

• Volunteer Moderator

SInce the original post was a simple "I'm leaving post" and the OP bid his adieu, this thread has drifted into random complaints about this and that.

Complaints and discussion are fine. There are threads out there for the appropriate subjects.

I now pronounce this thread, dead.

Archived