thanks wildcard, im off

markmanngm

i have more than 1000 hours in ark on pc. i log in everyday to maintain my dinos and base since last summer. i could not log in on 7th march due to some server problems on wildcard side. so i logged in today on 8th. and i found out about another great migration which starts tomorow 9th. im logged in everyday and i didnt see any message about it before today. my server is about to be wiped out, offcourse. so i have one day to transfer my 301 dinos, my base, my resources i collected for more than 1000 hours. or should i transfer only my 14 wywerns? or my 25 alpha rexes? and to which server? to which place? how many hours it takes? i have not free day to spend with searching, transfering and building...so i decided to finish my ark adventure and unistall the game for good. just wanted to share this another great wildcard experience with you, guys. signing off

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um hate to say it, but they let folks know about a month ago about the migration. They posted a list of the legacy servers to be killed, and talked about it on multiple occasions both on the forums and in Community Crunch. In this instance Wildcard did not drop the ball. A friend of mine with more dinos than you have was able to get all of hers moved with time to spare. It is not wildcard's responsibility to personally notify  each player about the server closures. In this instance YOU dropped the ball by not reading the newsfeeds and forum topics that talk about this.

• Volunteer Moderator

I’m not sure why anybody would still play on legacy servers let alone take the time to move to another legacy server that will be next on the list 3-4 months from now. You are just delaying the inevitable.

In the end you would have wasted more free time than if you just moved on and jumped to the new servers right away. 

All legacy servers are a corps sitting in the morgue waiting to be buried. 

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I’m not sure why anybody would still play on legacy servers let alone take the time to move to another legacy server that will be next on the list 3-4 months from now. You are just delaying the inevitable.

All legacy servers are a corps sitting in the morgue waiting to be buried. 

All official servers are just a haven of cheaters too, so.. the reason they made new clusters was to prevent remove the cheaters and make everyone start and play fair.

"At that time we'll be rolling out the new server code and infrastructure necessary to prevent critical issues such as server crashing exploits, duping, and DDoSing, so they will not affect the batch of new servers (as well as the legacy ones, going forward)."

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/ark-state-of-the-game-r486/

1 hour ago, catnip said:

Um hate to say it, but they let folks know about a month ago about the migration. They posted a list of the legacy servers to be killed, and talked about it on multiple occasions both on the forums and in Community Crunch. In this instance Wildcard did not drop the ball. A friend of mine with more dinos than you have was able to get all of hers moved with time to spare. It is not wildcard's responsibility to personally notify  each player about the server closures. In this instance YOU dropped the ball by not reading the newsfeeds and forum topics that talk about this.

off course, i was expecting reaction like that. ark has ingame interface through which wildcard comunicates with players and sends online messages. i was logged every day and didnt see any message about migration. i played the game and was active. didnt sleep. and yes i do not watch the forums, because the game i payed for has message system i see many times in action. but thanks for YOUR um...understanding.

The point is WildCard did notify the general playerbase as to their intentions to close those particular legacy servers, allowing the players a month's time to get their animals/items/resources off the servers on the kill list. There has been chatter on the forums, and I even heard folks on my center server talking about the planned closures. There was also a notice posted on the log-in screen announcing the great migration. WildCard is not obligated to send notices to each individual player about their plans, and most players would be really irritated by the amount of spam this would generate in their email if they were to do so. This did not happen out of the blue. If you want to stay current, check the forums and community crunch newsfeeds. Doing so would've prevented the situation you found yourself in.

I'm sorry you found yourself into the situation, but was simply pointing out that WildCard DID give the players a month's notice of their plans, as opposed to the earlier servers killed in August with only a weeks time for folks to get stuff moved.

16 minutes ago, catnip said:

If you want to stay current, check the forums and community crunch newsfeeds. Doing so would've prevented the situation you found yourself in.

no, you can't JUST follow the forums, and that's what's stupid.

You have to follow all their twitter accounts because they post there too, things that don't make it to the forums, then instagram for.. some reason. the steam forums has things these don't.. it's a real mess to keep up with

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

no, you can't JUST follow the forums, and that's what's stupid.

You have to follow all their twitter accounts because they post there too, things that don't make it to the forums, then instagram for.. some reason. the steam forums has things these don't.. it's a real mess to keep up with

They posted here, just the forums, a month ago telling people about the 2nd wave of server closings. Plenty of time to get off that dead horse. 

11 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They posted here, just the forums, a month ago telling people about the 2nd wave of server closings. Plenty of time to get off that dead horse. 

While they did do this on this occasion , you can't deny how difficult it is to keep up to date with everything.

Things like Twitter should not be a place where any info is published first and in some cases the only place. It should always be the official forums.

And regarding your previous reply, people play on Legacy for many reasons the main one being that they can actually tame stuff.

Atleast half the people I know who played in early access and made the switch to new servers have quit the game due to tame capped servers.

This isn't a whinge btw just stating a fact. Myself and some friends took our legacy save to unofficial to get away from all the bad management of official servers (tame cap,full servers, ticket response time, lag etc etc) and haven't looked back.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, edskelly said:

While they did do this on this occasion , you can't deny how difficult it is to keep up to date with everything.

Things like Twitter should not be a place where any info is published first and in some cases the only place. It should always be the official forums.

And regarding your previous reply, people play on Legacy for many reasons the main one being that they can actually tame stuff.

Atleast half the people I know who played in early access and made the switch to new servers have quit the game due to tame capped servers.

This isn't a whinge btw just stating a fact. Myself and some friends took our legacy save to unofficial to get away from all the bad management of official servers (tame cap,full servers, ticket response time, lag etc etc) and haven't looked back.

And the point of staying on legacy to tame stuff because they aren’t capped only to have those tames ultimately be wiped in 3-4 months.... is?

15 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

And the point of staying on legacy to tame stuff because they aren’t capped only to have those tames ultimately be wiped in 3-4 months.... is?

"We’ll take a look at the statistics and will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers across all platforms"

^so this is another lie, right? if in 3-4 months those servers are really active and they close them?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Zederia said:

"We’ll take a look at the statistics and will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers across all platforms"

^so this is another lie, right? if in 3-4 months those servers are really active and they close them?

The writing on the wall has been there since release for legacy servers. It’s not rocket surgery. 

Guest DJRone89
Just now, Zederia said:

the writing on the wall was TEN PERCENT how many did they close in round 1, and now round 2?

Lol legacy started to die the moment it was labelled that way. Dropping customer support was a dead giveaway but logic isn’t everyone’s strongest suit.

i have more than 1000 hours in ark on pc. i log in everyday to maintain my dinos and base since last summer. i could not log in on 7th march due to some server problems on wildcard side. so i logged in today on 8th. and i found out about another great migration which starts tomorow 9th. im logged in everyday and i didnt see any message about it before today. my server is about to be wiped out, offcourse. so i have one day to transfer my 301 dinos, my base, my resources i collected for more than 1000 hours. or should i transfer only my 14 wywerns? or my 25 alpha rexes? and to which server? to which place? how many hours it takes? i have not free day to spend with searching, transfering and building...so i decided to finish my ark adventure and unistall the game for good. just wanted to share this another great wildcard experience with you, guys. signing off
Sorry to hear, sended you a DM buddy!

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Zederia said:

and they said they would repurpose 10% TEN. so.. it's a great idea to lie to those that support the game, and the company, yes?

I don’t speak for the company, my opinion is mine and mine alone. 

I do know this conversation about what happened to legacy servers was already had many many months ago.

My old server is on the list. Luckily, I started moving ages ago. I'm still on legacy on the PS4. I just moved to a Ragnarok server. We might be losing servers, but at least we have Aberration and Ragnarok servers as an option. Those will be the last to shut down, I hope. Legacy has a pretty good base of people who are still playing. We just need to get players to come back. Help each other out. They aren't going to shut them all off. Just keep an eye on here. I feel your pain though.

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Zederia said:

and they said they would repurpose 10% TEN. so.. it's a great idea to lie to those that support the game, and the company, yes?

Where do you think the Aberration servers come from? Also, Extinction will be out this year...

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Zederia said:

I'm not a mathematician but, when they says "we will be repurposing 10% of the lowest count servers", how can you call them liars if you don't know how many represent the "lowest count servers" out of the total? They didn't say "we will be repurposing 10% of all servers", so you have a missing variable in your equation. For example, if there was 100 out of 200 servers that were considered "low population" and that they repurposed 10 servers, they technically repurposed "10% of the lowest count servers", didn't they? And that even if they closed 50% of the total. ?

Archived