• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, wasser510 said:

When did they reverted it? 5500 would only handle ~11 large tribes and the serveres are caped. On a huge map like rag thats insane!

Dunno when its been like this since new servers came out, we just havent noticed, we got about 6 large tribes close to or capped and alot (30ish) with less than 100 tames

3 minutes ago, wasser510 said:

might be a reason for no bans ;)

I can't imagine them pushing out a new, unplanned major release (the 277 patch was planned for the TLC phase 1 if I recall correctly) over a thing like body bags, at least I wouldn't consider it game breaking enough to justify such a swift approach. My bet it was something mesh-related that had the potential to be used in a way giving players a HUGE advantage somehow, and the panic patching was to stop the spread. Probably some old glitch/exploit that hasn't been found/used publicly until now.

On a site note, I'm very worried it might affect us regular players somehow (I regard myself as such, hopefully I haven't used whatever this mysterious thing is, widespread as it might be). I've had bad experiences in the past due to quick patches.

1 minute ago, Barret said:

I can't imagine them pushing out a new, unplanned major release (the 277 patch was planned for the TLC phase 1 if I recall correctly) over a thing like body bags, at least I wouldn't consider it game breaking enough to justify such a swift approach. My bet it was something mesh-related that had the potential to be used in a way giving players a HUGE advantage somehow, and the panic patching was to stop the spread. Probably some old glitch/exploit that hasn't been found/used publicly until now.

On a site note, I'm very worried it might affect us regular players somehow (I regard myself as such, hopefully I haven't used whatever this mysterious thing is, widespread as it might be). I've had bad experiences in the past due to quick patches.

hmmm boss exploit perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Barret said:

I´ve read here that the update are updated maps, so your tip with the mesh might be true

8 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

None of that requires to redownload updated the maps.

Maybe using K to look around under map for your glitched through dinos? For all we know, it might be turning off light bloom and shaft to not be blinded by the sun's reflection. The sun was supposed to blind you. So they reworked all the reflecting surfaces to blind you depending on the angle of the sun. How about that?

2 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Maybe using K to look around under map for your glitched through dinos? For all we know, it might be turning off light bloom and shaft to not be blinded by the sun's reflection. The sun was supposed to blind you. So they reworked all the reflecting surfaces to blind you depending on the angle of the sun. How about that?

They did a lot of fixes with the free look during august 2015, but I have a hard time imagining that being game breaking enough to get the update out this quick? I'm thinking it has to be something bigger somehow.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to cheaters prosper!

Archived