Aberrition Drops

Winterfeuer91

The land drops are quite rare indeed. I once travelled to my ally's base to upload a few turtles to a drop, to download them at a drop near my base (which is at the opposite side of the map) and I found myself running around the usual known drop locations (at least 6 different ones in the area) for 3 hours before giving up. I also recorded footage of me spyglassing a drop and seeing 20/100 left, then it disappearing 2 seconds later with no player around it. I think they're kinda bugged tbh... 

Meanwhile, surface drops work fine.

If you're farming drops, they are a bit harder to see due to the lack of sky. Most of the land drops I've seen are in harder-to-reach places, and you don't really see them until you're fairly close because they're often nestled back behind natural rock pillars. The upper levels and high cliffs of the green region seem to have white, green, blue, and the occasional purple drops occur fairly regularly. It's a lot easier to farm those on Rock Drakes though. That or a well established network of ziplines and a wingsuit.

My problem is they all seem to be the same stuff regardless of the color of the drop. For instance I went to a green drop got a bp for a smithy then found a blue drop nearby and it too was a bp for a smithy. 

Why not make what appears in the drops be based off level of the color to the level range of engrams. Like a white drop will have items from the 1-20 range of the engrams. Green 20-30 range and so on. 

Archived