Boss fights

Balteraxe

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

Weird a friend last night did center two runs almost back to back with 20khp and 440-500 melee rexes with yut. brief pig heal in between pulls. This is new servers official.

I have old information that TheCenter bosses used be twice as hard as the Island, but I don't know how much of that is still valid.

24 minutes ago, Olivar said:

I'll try to hop on Ark tonight and fetch a screenshot of the three rexes we have parked somewhere.
Shouldn't be too hard to do, but will take some time, since I won't be home for a while.

Right, and that means it's a 2000% melee rex...

/logic

Rex has a base of 62 damage. I think theri has even less per hit. So a rex would have to be at 2250% melee to be able to do that. If everything were ridden, then a more believable damage would be around 1k but even your drones are doing the same amounts. It is highly doubtful you can get such high melee without sacrificing too much hp to actually survive over a minute.

You COULD maybe get that melee but your hp would be so godawful you would have died.

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Rex has a base of 62 damage. I think theri has even less per hit. So a rex would have to be at 2250% melee to be able to do that. If everything were ridden, then a more believable damage would be around 1k but even your drones are doing the same amounts. It is highly doubtful you can get such high melee without sacrificing too much hp to actually survive over a minute.

Your forgetting about the mate boost and the yuty buff in your calculations.

Edit. Unfortunately  I dont know how those two buffs interact so cant prove my point further and take my calculations further.

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Your forgetting about the mate boost and the yuty buff in your calculations.

Edit. Unfortunately  I dont know how those two buffs interact so cant prove my point further and take my calculations further.

I have taken them into account. My point is that that melee is not achievable on an official setting without either using those silly legacy glitched 15k 525% or even the new 16k 637% rexes (which do not exist on the new cluster). With all the buffs I reckon your melee is around 900%. 

It's not representative of a legitimate official scenario because getting to 900% melee requires very large sacrifices to hp to achieve unless your base stats are extremely high.

I would also like to add, your UNRIDDEN (no imprint buff) non yuty boosted theris are doing 800-900 damage right off the bat. How is that?

EDIT: Actually, looking again, your theris are doing 800-1.1k dmg right at the beginning with an average of 1.1k overall per hit. way too high.

6 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I have taken them into account. My point is that that melee is not achievable on an official setting without either using those silly legacy glitched 15k 525% or even the new 16k 637% rexes (which do not exist on the new cluster). With all the buffs I reckon your melee is around 900%. 

It's not representative of a legitimate official scenario because getting to 900% melee requires very large sacrifices to hp to achieve unless your base stats are extremely high.

I would also like to add, your UNRIDDEN (no imprint buff) non yuty boosted theris are doing 800-900 damage right off the bat. How is that?

Because those Theri's are 20/20 mutations, bred to perfection, focussing purely on melee damage and health.
I'll review the video over the weekend.
It could be that this is still the wrong one where we had a configuration problem, which we've fixed and recreated the dinosaurs using legit configuration.

We basically had a wrong configuration where they got too much melee damage, so you might be right that this particular video is the overpowered version.
But we've fixed that and have now the server on the same configuration as official, and those chickens have done alpha ascension already using legit stats.
I think we even used this calculator tool to verify the numbers.

Will double check the video, and re-create the fight if needed just to prove once more that it's perfectly doable.

13 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

See, you make it look easy but the use rexes with over 2000% melee damage so I don't know how that video helps those of us who play on official, which is kind of implied in this thread.

Yes 800-900% sounds about right (my wildest guesstimate would have been 800%). But you were saying or implying the rexs had flat out 2000% mellee with no boosts. There is a difference.

Edit: Wait the thereis are un yuty boosted ? 

Reposting:

These are the same therizinosaurs after the configuration fix.
The rexes are not part of the fight, but here you can see their difference in damage after the numbers got fixed.
So yes, @Wazzamaniac was right they are too powerful in the broodmother fight.

But we're redoing them with proper recordings, cause we need the element regardless :D

7 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Reposting:

These are the same therizinosaurs after the configuration fix.
The rexes are not part of the fight, but here you can see their difference in damage after the numbers got fixed.
So yes, @Wazzamaniac was right they are too powerful in the broodmother fight.

But we're redoing them with proper recordings, cause we need the element regardless :D

dragon is a tank and spank anyhow right now..chase it chomp it dodge with decent rexes including a couple tamed rexes on our first med kill.

pc-pve official new servers. mostly the 390 melee line rexes. stated in melee since dragon % dmg anyhow

2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

dragon is a tank and spank anyhow right now..chase it chomp it dodge with decent rexes including a couple tamed rexes on our first med kill

Can only partially agree to that.
His firebreath does still a lot of damage, and when not handled properly can take down your dino's as you saw in the video.
Nonetheless, I'm convinced we could pull it off without losses if we played it more safe.

Dragon is definitely not a complicated fight, just the firebreath is something annoying.
On Ragnarok however the fight is a complete joke.

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Can only partially agree to that.
His firebreath does still a lot of damage, and when not handled properly can take down your dino's as you saw in the video.
Nonetheless, I'm convinced we could pull it off without losses if we played it more safe.

Dragon is definitely not a complicated fight, just the firebreath is something annoying.
On Ragnarok however the fight is a complete joke.

fire breath ez folks complicate it... one rider who is aggro jump on drag he focuses then breaths. hits one rex at a time. then after breath rush him. And breath % health dont matter if u got 12k or 50. 4-5 breaths ur dead

Just now, bigfishrob said:

fire breath ez folks complicate it... one rider who is aggro jump on drag he focuses then breaths. hits one rex at a time. then after breath rush him.

Yeah sure, we tried using the tactic as well.
It's definitely easier the more people you have.

Tip for anyone trying this : don't get spooked :D

Once you start fretting, mistakes happen and that's when you take damage :P

Archived