How to transport items from bases?

ASucculentSucc

If I build multiple bases with beds in them, how do you ever transport your supplies? 

Apparently, you can't take items with you since they always drop at the previous base when I fast travel. So if I had a full inventory of loot/supplies and was near a FT point, I can't take them at all and no way around it?

An alpha raptor killed me in the middle of the island because I was forced to walk to my other base. I. Hate. Raptors. They always run at you even you're 500 yards away!

Obviously I couldn't go find my body because it was extremely difficult for a level 20 in the heart of the jungle. Do you just stick to building one base at a time? Sometimes I just need my items when traveling, there isn't any point of FT when you can't take anything.

What can I do/what have others done? Tame creatures?

• Volunteer Moderator

You can't take anything with you when you use beds/sleeping bags as a means of fast travel. The only means available for you to transport items from one base to another is to manually travel there on foot or on a creature. However, if you ever manage to unlock it, the tek teleporter will allow you to fast travel between bases with your cargo intact, and if you place a dino on the platform along with you you may bring said dino along with you.

Absolutely tame creatures to travel, riding dinos is half of the game lol :)

you can use Dododex .c om  to see what a specific creature eat, how many narcotics, how long it takes to tame, if it's rideable, and how to knock it out.

usually people have one mainbase and use their tames to ride to their outposts.

edit: small creatures can be bola'd for 30 seconds. A lot of the bigger creatures you can build some sort of trapping building that you can capture them with, there is a lot of videos on YouTube to show these traps. For example if you want a flier, pteranodon is a bola, but an argentavis requires an "argent trap"

also, on most dinos, headshots deal more torpor when you shoot them with tranq arrows.

1 hour ago, ASucculentSucc said:

If I build multiple bases with beds in them, how do you ever transport your supplies? 

Apparently, you can't take items with you since they always drop at the previous base when I fast travel. So if I had a full inventory of loot/supplies and was near a FT point, I can't take them at all and no way around it?

An alpha raptor killed me in the middle of the island because I was forced to walk to my other base. I. Hate. Raptors. They always run at you even you're 500 yards away!

Obviously I couldn't go find my body because it was extremely difficult for a level 20 in the heart of the jungle. Do you just stick to building one base at a time? Sometimes I just need my items when traveling, there isn't any point of FT when you can't take anything.

If you have not yet gotten yourself a tame that will help you safely transport your stuff, I recommend throwing a raft together with a little stone hut on it. Once you have the raft up with a bed in it, head back to your base and clear out any evil doers. Once you're fairly confident you have a safe and quick path to the raft, make a few runs back and forth with your stuff and get it in your raft. Once you've got all your stuff into the raft you can either hug the shallows to avoid Leeds eating your raft, or just drive nonstop and float past them until you get to your destination. (If you're really concerned about the Leeds, toss a few Plant Species X turrets on the corners of the hut on your raft)

Your best bet is to not build a second base until you have a good solid "home" base, that way if something goes wrong you can always fall back to your primary location. When you're working on a second base, do your best to keep a couple sleeping bags down in the area with a wooden box next to each one with a cheap set of gear (hide, crossbow, arrows, pike) to make it back to your body in case of an accident. 

Supply both bases. On legacy we operated 2 large bases, one medium sized base, plus our resource bases. At each base we kept necessary items and materials as well as dino's that could be used for a variety of purposes.

Pertaining to your question in particular at such an early level you don't really need multiple bases yet though putting a small building where you plan to build in the future is advisable. operate out of your main base, hunt and tame, gather resources, once you have adequate materials and transportation for said materials then go and build your next base.  I think I was level 40 or 50 before I felt I needed a second base or even spawn point, which ended up being down by green ob. 

When we made the recent switch to officials from legacy we did build a few spawn points early on. Main base, raft bed, and a tree sap base. Only in the last month have we begun to add an additional base and resource spawn points though and we are all over level 85 at this point. 

So at level 20 it is less of a necessity and you should probably focus on gathering tames and materials and getting levels. 

2 hours ago, ASucculentSucc said:

Transmitters next to the beds in every Base,  upload your stuff,  then fast travel naked and pull the stuff back out the transmitter on the other end,  or I guess tek teleporters now they don't take insane element anymore. Was easy before the silly timers. 

Or just build your bases on drop locations and wait for a drop to upload and download.

Or weight dragon or griffin for fast transport,  both can get around 2k weight. 

19 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Transmitters next to the beds in every Base,  upload your stuff,  then fast travel naked and pull the stuff back out the transmitter on the other end,  or I guess tek teleporters now they don't take insane element anymore. Was easy before the silly timers. 

Or just build your bases on drop locations and wait for a drop to upload and download.

Or weight dragon or griffin for fast transport,  both can get around 2k weight. 

He's level 20 with no tames lol. Yes everything you suggested is true and advisable, but he has no idea what you are talking about lol. Do you think he knows what a tek transmitter is if he hasn't learned to tame yet?

edit: I am very experienced and lvl91 on new pvp servers and we don't have transmitter yet... hopefully this weekend tho. Gotta realize the crowd you are catering to my friend.

2 hours ago, ASucculentSucc said:

Also, for levelling past 20 make a tooooon of narcotics, like 1000.... to do this, tame a trike or stego or iguanadon first to gather berries, and also a raptor to run around killing weak dinos for meat/hide. You can "split" the stacks on the meat so it spoils faster for making more narcotics.

Hope this helps.

Try taming a fast dino, like a Raptor or Ptera, for early game and put points into weight if your need to transport stuff fast to another base. Personally I would wait on having more then one base till I have a argent with weight and melee points or at least a Rex to keep myself safe at least if I felt the need to have more then one base. If you're on a no taming server then I wouldn't do a multi-base set up till i had the ability to fight off everything that could show up. I hope this is helpful!! ^_^

Archived