Why is Collison of structures turned on, on the new official PvP server ?

KimoBitz

13 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wish they would enable it on PvE, although maybe they did and I didnt notice lol. So many builds ruined by structure collision.

I haven't been on a PVE server since it was added, but I thought it was active on PVE servers (I could be very wrong on that one).

Theoretically, the main issue I see (among others) having that option active on PVP servers would be using that ability to layer and/or hide their defenses too much, and create huge lag bombs with it in the process.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 hours ago, KimoBitz said:

Title sums it up.

What are you saying?

If Structure Collision is ON, then you cannot place most objects where they are blocked by the terrain and you cannot place objects within each other.  Obviously, there are a lot of reasons Structure Collision would be active on official servers, especially PVP servers

If Structure Collision is OFF (bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true), they you can put walls below the ground, have foundations that run into slopes, and overlap things like forges, fabs, fridges, vaults, etc.

If you are saying Structure Collision is of OFF on a server, can you tell us which one(s)?

18 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

I haven't been on a PVE server since it was added, but I thought it was active on PVE servers (I could be very wrong on that one).

Theoretically, the main issue I see (among others) having that option active on PVP servers would be using that ability to layer and/or hide their defenses too much, and create huge lag bombs with it in the process.

Nope its "ON" on PvE, and it's annoying as hell.

39 minutes ago, ShadowAngel said:

Nope its "ON" on PvE, and it's annoying as hell.

Oh good lol I was beginning to think it might have been something to add to the growing list of things that were updated and improved that I missed completely. Did you know you can now add fertilzer by pressing y (xbox) on to crop plot with out opening its inventory for example ? Neither did I till last night...

Archived