Ark: Aberration - Master Thread

Snapshot

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Vrallox said:

Anyone else notice that they basically named it the Unwelcome DLC? I was watching just now and it dawned on me that an aberration is usually considered an UNWELCOME deviation from the norm. Are they saying not to buy it?

Either 1: Self-Depricating joke how WC is never appreciated, or 2: Unwelcome as in how different this map is and it "Is not ark anymore!!!" 

ab·er·ra·tion
ˌabəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

Just now, CrackerJackx13 said:

lol pretty much how else will they fix there bugs though. what do u expect, you think if they cared about the community they would role out community mod support like Elder Scrolls Skyrim where Map Developers could bring in there own maps which tend to be bigger, more detailed.

Oh buddy, Besthesda does not really care about their moders 

8 minutes ago, ViennaJoe said:

since I must say I want more the official server. because many private servers were very often very bad support, updates etc, and many were quickly re-gewiped or dislocated or turned off ... whereby I am still still the opinion that there should be synonymous support for legacy. at least the who whom the opening stress has diminished.

well of course, I mean I know there are many who like official servers, so there needs to be more made. But as it was explained to me, the way that WC makes a console server is they emulate the OS of the console in question onto a virtual machine and host a copy of the game in dedicated server mode, as if it was a console. Now Studio WC is given permission to do this, but we, as in the royal we, the rest of us, could not legally do this because we're talking about emulating console hardware and OSs on a virtual machine (this is considered all manner of patent violations).

At least this was the process at the time they were doing it but then again the console version had just come out and this was the solution to having ANY servers. I'm wondering if Jat and the team have come up with a more elegant solution, and perhaps a solution that could be made available to us so we can start hosting our own servers.

Can there be a thread just or the people who want to bitch and cry like they could make a better game? Cause i came here for hype and intelligent debate as to what this dlc is, not a bunch of whiny entitled teens who bitched from the very beginning when the didnt bother to read the "early access" warning. 

1 minute ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Either 1: Self-Depricating joke how WC is never appreciated, or 2: Unwelcome as in how different this map is and it "Is not ark anymore!!!" 

ab·er·ra·tion
ˌabəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

Sounds more like number two. I can't really see them coming up with number one.

2 minutes ago, nightmare2772 said:

Can there be a thread just or the people who want to bitch and cry like they could make a better game? Cause i came here for hype and intelligent debate as to what this dlc is, not a bunch of whiny entitled teens who bitched from the very beginning when the didnt bother to read the "early access" warning. 

Well as the steam page for it goes, this ark takes place on the damaged ark you see in the final boss, skybox. Apparently, the damaged support structure gave rise to a gap in the forcefield bubble and as such, causing the atmosphere on the surface to bleed out, and hard radiation from the sun to come in and irradiate the surface. So it seems that the subsurface areas will be the safe areas, and that sunlight will be the environmental hazard de jure.

12 minutes ago, ViennaJoe said:

ABOUT THIS CONTENT

The ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass gives you access to three huge expansion packs:

ARK: Scorched Earth (available now): 

ARK: Aberration (coming October 2017):

And a third Expansion Pack arriving Spring 2018. 

Scorched Earth adds an all-new desert world along with 11 new creatures, 50+ new items and a new boss. The future expansions will unlock in your account when released and offer 300+ hours of content each including new dinosaurs, custom maps and unique mechanics.

Owners of ARK's "Season Pass" will also get exclusive in-game Aberration-themed cosmetic item skins, immediately!

2 minutes ago, nightmare2772 said:

Sorry I know the devs aren't very good at keeping the community updated here, in case you missed it this game is now in full release not early access. 

2 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Yea, already see some comments in the trailer saying how this is "Not ark anymore" 

What does that statement even mean? It's not ark anymore?

Ark is about surviving no matter what the condition you're thrown in. Whether it be Primeval Dinosaur themed environment, Scorching desert of heat, irradiated hellhole, frozen wasteland, etc.

Ark is about survival and using the tools, and tames you can find to survive and thrive no matter the environment. To what end, now that's the question.

Commentray

:08 This creature is called the Lantern Pug. Petting it makes light

:16 is the Glow stick Appears to be Lighting bugs as well

:22 The player is placing something in a pedestal, possibly this Charge Energy or to stablize the ark 

:25 Ziplines

:28 Looks like you can build on cliffs

:35 Rock Drake is the camouflage flier

:44 Cave Picks

:45 Cave Crustacean

:46 Raptor in it, either native or transfered in

:47 WIngsuit

:48 Shock gun and the ‘Nameless’: unrelenting, Element-infused humanoids which have evolved into vicious light-hating monstrosities! (Possibly)

1:10 radioactive light 

6 minutes ago, agentexeider said:

What does that statement even mean? It's not ark anymore?

Ark is about surviving no matter what the condition you're thrown in. Whether it be Primeval Dinosaur themed environment, Scorching desert of heat, irradiated hellhole, frozen wasteland, etc.

Ark is about survival and using the tools, and tames you can find to survive and thrive no matter the environment. To what end, now that's the question.

I don't think this, but some people think ark is a "DINOSAUR GAME" 

7 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Sorry I know the devs aren't very good at keeping the community updated here, in case you missed it this game is now in full release not early access. 

And how many games are perfect on day one of release? Much less early access games. I just think the devs are owed alot of appreciation here with what they've done, especially with how most of the community has a tendency tear them down. If i were them i'd have given y'all the finger. 

Archived