So since the saves have been/are being released for legacy servers and we're being forced to use them via Nitrado, does anybody have any genuine experience with using their servers?

My server isnt being repurposed but I've been told all legacy saves are being released so a few of us are considering this option.

Dont want any haters or lovers, just honest opinion/experience.

Ive been looking online and genuinely cannot find a single good review for them, yet its our only option if we want the saves..

Everything I have heard has been negative, but the only experience i have had with them as been on the console officials.  I will say that whatever equipment Nitrado uses, it simply cannot be up to snuff.  I run a 50up/50down fiber connection and a wired Xbone.  For comparison sake, I regularly clock latency to EA's (BF1) East coast servers in the low teens and in the 30's to Europe.  I have never gotten better than a 60ms latency to Nitrado's console servers and they usually run in the 80's for me (with regular spikes into the 130's).  When I ping test my entire network (wireless connection form my laptop), I usually get 30ms latency and a 30up/30down rating, I don't recall my exact packet loss rate, but I know it was within parameters.

AFAIK, Nitrado's US servers are physically located in NYC.  I'm close to DC, so the physical distance between us is not part of the problem.

I've seen a lot of negative stuff about Nitrado and I'm not discounting those peoples personal experiences BUT... I've been hosting servers for a while now and I'll say that you get what you pay for. If you buy the basic stuff you get basic performance. Once you get past a certain number of people you start to experience lag/ping spikes. However, upgrade your service and the service improves. I've never not got what I pay for out of them. And the servers have always been stable. I'm not sure about that NYC comment but mine are run out of California. And I live in Florida currently. 

My biggest complaint is the customer service hours...

I've tried 3 different providers in the past and Nitrado is my PERSONAL favorite thus far. One of the others being host havoc. I can't remember the other one.

I also can't speak for the XBOX experience, I'm solely a PC gamer.

2 hours ago, ScorchedSoul said:

So since the saves have been/are being released for legacy servers and we're being forced to use them via Nitrado, does anybody have any genuine experience with using their servers?

My server isnt being repurposed but I've been told all legacy saves are being released so a few of us are considering this option.

Dont want any haters or lovers, just honest opinion/experience.

Ive been looking online and genuinely cannot find a single good review for them, yet its our only option if we want the saves..

Our (a tribemate and mines) experience is that we had a server for ONE MONTH. We experienced same lag, rubberbanding and freezes as we would on an official server. 

Mind you, there was 3 to 5 players max on our Nitrado rented server while our official server had 20-30 people on. 

After one month we switched providers and the lag, rubberbanding and freezes were a thing of the past (in the same mind set of 3-5 players online simultaneously). 

As a complementary information, their UI is not user friendly, their support takes time to answer issues. 

• Volunteer Moderator

have not had a hosted server with Nitrado, so no real opinions there.

i currently host our Dark and Light server with GTX Gaming and have had good luck with them. have had only one issue, support was fast to respond to my ticket and server was back up in just a smidge over an hour. control panel is easy to use, has full ftp access, etc. 

and they are reasonably priced (imho)

43 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

have not had a hosted server with Nitrado, so no real opinions there.

i currently host our Dark and Light server with GTX Gaming and have had good luck with them. have had only one issue, support was fast to respond to my ticket and server was back up in just a smidge over an hour. control panel is easy to use, has full ftp access, etc. 

and they are reasonably priced (imho)

Am I right in thinking Nitrado is the only option in terms of a "licensed third party" to host servers with legacy saves on PS4? It comes across that way in the post I read.

If not, what are some of the (best) others available? (I know I quoted but question is of course open to all)

I've used Nitrado with 3 games: 7D2D, Empyrion, and Ark. I ran an ARK Center map, and it was okay for a small group. 7D2D and Empyrion were excellent. The ARK server was okay... better than the Official, but there was some rubberbanding during flight. 

Mind you... this was on the cheapest option for the server. My expectation would be that if I put more monthly to upgrade the processing/memory... I't would be okay for a friends population server.

Nitrado is very cheap at the ground level... much more so than others. What I liked about it was that you pay for a game server account, and can use it for any game... i.e. you can change it to another game on the fly. The server tweeting was meh. 

I've also worked with Blue Fang, and though they were pretty good for performance, they are slower on ticket response.

YMMV.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, ScorchedSoul said:

My server isnt being repurposed but I've been told all legacy saves are being released

I'm not sure this is true. I've seen no official announcement that anything other than only the repurposed servers are being made available for private hosting.

I've had a few dealings with them. I can't say anything negative because negativity is quite literally against the forum rules so I'll just say to go elsewhere unless you don't have a choice. The last time I had a server going there were a few...not problems...and these...not problems...were completely unrelated to Nitrado in every way, shape, and form. I even stopped hosting altogether because of my PLEASANT experience with Nitrado.

:D

13 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I'm not sure this is true. I've seen no official announcement that anything other than only the repurposed servers are being made available for private hosting.

Me neither, but people keep saying they're releasig all and somebody in a different topic said they had their save and were in it (a server not being repurposed) clearing stuff.

So not confirmed by any means, but I did take their word for it.

from my personal experience with them... every other hoster in the world can only be better. they have bad hardware, crap support and are allways hours ( sometimes days) behind on updates. and there is no way to update the servers yourself ( atleast not in germany) on the bright side: you only need to host the server for the 30 days minumum, during that time you can just download all the save files via ftp and go to another provider :)

• 1 month later...

Stay well away from nitrado is my advice.

• customer support is non existent!!.
  • server crashes host side all the time.
  • lag spikes with less than 5 people on server.

I'm still waiting for  a reply form a support ticket I submitted a day ago. very unhappy with the service they are not providing me with (Can't even get onto my own server)

lol >:(

Archived