MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

there should be a "whines and complaints" section right under general discussion.

you're not entitled to anything just because you got the game when it was EA. you knew it was early access and knew that the game would be subject to several issues and changes until it's release. this is no surprise. unless you purchased it within the past two months, you had the opportunity to get the game relatively cheap so you don't have to buy it full price. there's a perk for you. you have the one-up on any new player who will be purchasing the game. there's another perk. we've all had to deal with duping and ddos and wipes and unanswered tickets. there are thousands of people who play ark, but there are not thousands of employees at wildcard.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Demigod said:

there should be a "whines and complaints" section right under general discussion.

you're not entitled to anything just because you got the game when it was EA. you knew it was early access and knew that the game would be subject to several issues and changes until it's release. this is no surprise. unless you purchased it within the past two months, you had the opportunity to get the game relatively cheap so you don't have to buy it full price. there's a perk for you. you have the one-up on any new player who will be purchasing the game. there's another perk. we've all had to deal with duping and ddos and wipes and unanswered tickets. there are thousands of people who play ark, but there are not thousands of employees at wildcard.

I would like to think I'm entitled to quality customer service and a company that does what they say and says what they do.  But you're right, I'm not and that's apparent.  Luckily though WC isn't entitled either and won't be getting anymore of my money.  Shame really, I enjoy the game but can't stand the fact that they are such a poop company. 

3 minutes ago, BeardO said:

I would like to think I'm entitled to quality customer service and a company that does what they say and says what they do.  But you're right, I'm not and that's apparent.  Luckily though WC isn't entitled either and won't be getting anymore of my money.  Shame really, I enjoy the game but can't stand the fact that they are such a poop company. 

They unfortunately have all of our money already and therefore are unconcerned with us anymore.

Hey there survivors... 

A sad day has come today to many of us that play on legacy servers. I'd like to say I was initially all for a general wipe. I'm not crazy about Ragnarok as well. But not getting the wipe I felt pretty happy about it and continued my quest to some day ascend a call it a ark career. This past week we got the news that Ark won't help you on legacy with any of its now crippling problems. All 3 OB's are now blocked and unable to do boss fights (yes I know you can do them from a drop). Metal spawns have been pillared with a ceiling. So basically wildcard is getting what they wanted I'd take it? A wipe to the legacy servers without fully doing it themselves? Now today I hear they're protecting all the new servers and you won't be able to build on OB and such. But again legacy servers won't find the help.. I just can't believe (I guess I can) that WC can turn their back on the people that helped build game. Most of us don't have the time to start over again. It just takes over an kind of free time you have to do it right. WILDCARD you don't want to provide customer service.. Fine.. I get it. But protect the OB's for the long time players that want to finish this game. 

I know alot of rambling. Hopefully it makes sense to somebody.. 

This is probably goodbye. Alot more goodbyes I'm afraid are ahead for most.. 

Thanks for the great game. I did enjoy most my time.. 

On 8/24/2017 at 2:57 PM, LameoveR said:

Can i put it here please?

http://www.strawpoll.me/13779093/

Unfortunately, that gives a skewed result because it says "all." I think they should have kept to the 10% promise they made. Or how about that 30 day notice? What about the save files they've not yet released? Will we see those in the morning? Wildcard is causing a slow painful death and forcing all legacy players off of their servers so that they can make a little extra money in the longrun. At this point, they should just wipe everything without telling us so we all wake up tomorrow to no legacy whatsoever. Then we all get our grieving over with, those who will permanently leave can go without feeling as though they had to willingly give their things up to be able to play with populated clusters, the rest of us can leave for six months, and then we can come back and play with everyone else yet again.

Wildcard messed this whole process up. I see where the good intentions lay. The execution was disgusting and terrible to watch. I will not invest another dime into this game, though I'll continue to play. 2k hours and I'm still growing. I've had some of my best gaming experiences here and I thank wildcard for that. However, I feel as though any other company could have developed this game better. It was an amazing concept that they ruined again and again and again. It was not nearly as taken care of as it should have been for the nature of the game.

I know that the inevitable is coming and my server will soon be on that list. At that point, I'll make my leave, get over it, and eventually come back. When it launches in the morning, I'll be giving my wholehearted, laid-on-the-table review, and it will certainly be a negative one. I understand that it is early access. I know wildcard did not need to keep any of the servers. I know most games are clean slate, wiped squeaky for releases. But they made numerous promises that they likely never intended to keep. Jen got on reddit and made an official statement, and the entire time she sounded unsure of anything going on. It was a pathetic, cover-my-arse statement.

To make it all worse, this game is not ready for release. It is not finished. It is not polished. They didn't "fix" the issues. They punished the full playerbase (including the non-dupers, yes, we exist), by implementing their gimmicky, anti-dupe transfer system of forcing you to have something in your inventory for an extended period of time before uploading it. Good luck, traders. Ingot currency is dead now. Crystal currency is dead. Poly currency is dead. Pearls? Stuff on your body has been dropping, that 30k won't stay with you when you jump. Large amounts of structures? Not going to happen. Hey, you want to raise on a map where the spoil timers aren't outrageous? You can't get milk to that wyvern without it being mostly spoiled.

For those on unofficial, power to you. I'm glad that you were able to find the right combination to suit your needs. Unfortunately for many of us, official servers have a sort of authenticity that unofficial lacks. A lot of us love to cross-server trade and exchange our experiences. We want to interact with the community and be able to do so without needing a massive unofficial cluster that has had many hours already sunk into it. Please do not use that as a counterargument to those who are losing everything they have worked for in these past two years. It's not the same to take their save and stick it on a rented server. By doing that, the things that they worked for now hold zero value other than sentimental. They essentially mean nothing in relativity to the official game, especially for those who have the insatiable craving to be on official servers.

To any remaining legacy players, I hope you don't bother purchasing their overpriced, likely busted DLC that will be coming out after launch. They're trying to milk you to support their selfish needs, but your server will be wiped like the 33% "low population" servers that were hit as well. It is pathetic that the Ragnarok developers can create something better than the original developers and it's free to the playerbase. Why would you pay for a map, a few extra craftables, and a few new dinos that you can likely get through trade? For the price tag, they don't give you nearly enough. They just need to funnel money to all of their mistakes. There is nothing new.

Thanks for the 'screw you,' Wildcard. Really. It was touching. Your player base adores you for it.

Lastly, to LameoveR, I'm sorry this post doesn't 100% pertain to yours, even though you're quoted. ;~; It felt unnecessary to make several back to back rather than stuffing it all in one big vent reply.

Edit: I forgot to address the likely responses of "it's just pixels." People are not upset about losing their pixels. They're upset about losing the hours upon hours they have sunk into this game. They're upset that they paid for something and now it's taken away after being lied to about the ways they would be able to keep it. These people are upset because they have supported wildcard through early access, through the bugs, through the glitches, through the disgusting PvP (and somewhat PvE) community that those things cultivated, and now they're being spit on. Do not tell these people that what they are losing is worthless. Do not treat these people as though they should have known it was coming. They were told it wasn't, and then they were screwed over. Have sympathy.

Two years tied too a game where you cant even break for a holiday over a week if your playing solo. I built I survived I went on. Yes I got too transfer my worldly good and dino's after you dragged out forever about the wipe we , we are not oh we ara again then ok were not but you will be locked into a crappy line of servers and your not bothering too supply support. The uproar so again a back step and finally we get what 2 or 3 days too find a hope on hopeless worlds where everyone has hit panic mode and pillared all. Really love the game man but think you need too hand over too someone you has some exp in game management. and think about your time and structure timings, some people may want too holiday without setting up sitters for the cat , the dog , and Ark.  But I have moved got a crap area lost a lot of time and gear but we will Ark on . 

3 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

This, this, this. Well said. I wish there was an "I effing love this" reaction choice.

What Wildcard is doing is sickening. I wish that I could have stuck to the multiple unofficial servers I rented. I read a post earlier this afternoon about a player who had rushed to move their alpha-level base, got it all set up, and then experienced a four day rollback, leaving them with no time to move ANYTHING now. They will lose all of their progress because Wildcard is inadequate and can't keep to the things that they say. Nobody in their right mind will pay $60 for this hot mess, and then dish out even more for DLC that they can likely find on Ragnarok (or other sponsored community maps) in the future.

What a shame.

Ok so i didnt read all the comments as they are all saying the same thing but if i may throw my 2 cents into the hat.... in the article that ive seen multiple times of the interview with Jeremy from PC Gamer he never once says its a 100% thing that servers would not be wiped..... he said as long as he was part of the company and had any pull he would do everything in his power to not let that happen..... how do you know he did not do everything in his power?  Im not him or do i know him personally or do i work for the company so i have no idea but if you do plz share the info with the rest of us. now on to the next thing ..... they lied to us about the re-purposing of 10% of the "ghost town" servers ... now i know they said 10% across all platforms so it should have been what 3.334% per platform or something like that but maybe it was said wrong and they meant 10% per platform ....and for the guy that did the math of how many servers were cut and how many were left thats cool in all but ive seen over 1k servers on xbox alone so the 900 something you said was from your platform but was it from all?  and no i did not forget about the ones that are saying my server was not a ghost town we had players that logged on every day or every other day or had 20 on weekends or what ever else there was (as i stated i didnt read all comments) if you have a few ppl log on every once in a while is that not near zero? what is the exact number you can go up to and not be considered "near zero" ? if you can have a maximum of 100 people on at once but only have 20 ppl 2 days a week and 5 ppl the other 5 days does that not average pretty low? i mean near zero to me could be 10 (if you look at it as a percentage of the total max) so 20x2 = 40 5x5=25  25+40=65 65/7= 9.2 i mean how can they deny that a whopping 9 ppl on a daily average log on to some servers .... damn shame they cant see that servers like that are booming..... last but not least PVE now i know you did get the short end of the stick but when did PVE not get the short end of the stick? i mean flyer nerfs, clubs. rocket dmg and run speed are just a few things that PVE needed (LOL) now im not saying i agree with everything that has happened but like many before me have said if you take things to serious when it comes to a game remember this one thing .... its a game.... and yes people should be held accountable for the things they say and in a perfect world people should have to live with the "promises" they make but never should someone be held to promises you think they made now if you do not understand something someone said like the Jeremy comment in that magazine article dont assume that the way you took it is what it should be... and for those that say this game will die because all the bad reviews that will come with release i know at least 20 people that have been waiting for the game to come out... not saying they wont end up being trolls thats on them as they are kids (nephews and cousins) but they go to school with kids so to say its going to die is funny and the reality is i dont know many new games that dont cost about $60 usd when they are new.   

TL;DR   if you are just here to itch and moan then good riddance its a game get over it  

Yours Truly

Xaikhan

I understand that a lot of people are horribly upset, and they have my most sincere sympathy, the thought of losing everything and getting stuck on a 3-rate server without support after some people have sunk thousands of hours into the game, is enough to make me wanna cry.. 

But let us all take a moment to breathe, calm down, and remember that this game is amazing. It is utterly stunning visually, there are DINOSAURS in it, and I can hardly wait for the servers to go up - I have fond memories of those 5+ hours I spent wandering around the island when I first got the game, and when the server wipe is done I will miss my Trike (Who I caught because he got himself spawned INSIDE a tree and thus could hardly protest me whacking him in the face) and my little home down at the beach where I screeched in fury every time one of those egg-thieves managed to glitch TROUGH the fence and into my Dodo-pen.. I loved the game, but I also knew the dangers of early access, we all did.

I am hyped for the full release later today. I am so excited. I will mourn for those who lose what they have amassed in early access, but the grief will be swift because momma has a Trike to catch, and this time, he wont be stuck inside a palm tree.

Meh... I'm just treating it as full wipe. Just pretending legacy does not exist and starting new on new servers.

Honestly, since the dupes began, there was no choice for WC but to wipe and this is better than full wipe as some people will play legacy and most will start anew. Slowly legacy will die and things will be the same as they have always been.

Lets have fun in the wars to come.

i sunk 2 years in to a game i will have nothing to show for it and i am sure legacy servers over time will be removed regardless sooooo back up plan

xbox scorpio and Anthem :D adios WC

will be watching what happens here on out though  but i wont be wasting time on 30+ mut gigs an all the raising that goes in to them and sleep deprivation just isn't worth it now. I love the game but reducing to 2 days a week play or something. See how it goes like many but with 0 faith in WC for their customer fan base and the ticket i posted a month ago for my squid that some how random;y died as it was floating in the air and know will be pushed aside like 1000's of others i can honestly say i think i speak for a large group of dedicated fans when i see nothing but disappointment on how ALL of this was handled 

my last post on this particular topic as frankly whats the point nothing will change anything, we are but mere mortals an small cogs in a big machone 

2 minutes ago, The1trueGodMe said:

See how it goes like many but with 0 faith in WC for their customer fan base and the ticket i posted a month ago for my squid that some how random;y died as it was floating in the air and know will be pushed aside like 1000's of others

A tribe mate of mine has now had a ticket for our squid open for over a month. We had tamed it, brought it out. Suddenly it was acting as though it was encumbered. He got off it, it rubber banded back to the location it was in. We swam back to it, he got back on, it was taking damage. He managed to pick out the dozen+ eels that were stuck in side of it, however it was still taking damage. Cnidaria were shocking the squid from across the map. There was absolutely nothing that could be done. No amount of waddling the squid away did anything. It did not stop the damage. The cross-map jellies were still killing it, and were un-targetable due to the disgusting bug where creatures are not actually where they appear to be. I will never get my perfect tame tuso back. Instead I'm thrown under the bus. Halfway through, we had turned on a recording software and got the butt end of what happened on film. That was submitted along with the ticket. There's 0 indication it was ever opened, and it was certainly never responded to.

Wildcard has decided that us legacy players do not deserve support, because their "new" playerbase is more important. Why did I pay for a game when I won't get support on the things that I lost due to them being unable to properly fix it? Why would I ever buy another DLC if I'm not going to get support on the things I may lose to that map?

ARK hardly had a support team to begin with. I'm sure there's thousands upon thousands of tickets that have never been handled, let alone peeked at. However, the fear of being dev wiped kept many trolls and a-holes at bay. That fear is gone. We have someone threatening to block our obelisks with tek shields. To run pipes through our entire base. To park their dinos in front of every door we have. They already have us pillared and gated in. They laugh about it constantly and cover it up by saying "but we have a base here!" That base is an empty shell with a single dino inside of it, as well as a long wall of dino gates that prevent us from easily harvesting the materials we need. It also prevents us from bringing a giga on the meat runs necessary to fuel the breeding base that we have inside of our gates.

I have given this game thousands of hours and endless support. I fought for it. I convinced others that it was worth their time. I thought Wildcard had their players in mind, not their wallets.

Why can't the support we've given them for two+ years be mutual? This is an unfair and unhealthy relationship, Wildcard.

Dear Wildcard,

As stated in the title I am a nobody, I don't know you and you don't know me (and honestly have no reason to even concern yourselves with whom myself or any of the other anonymous players are) but you pretended to care about everyone because we have something you want. You created a game that nearly everyone agrees is excellent. In the begining everything was going good but then something changed. The players were still the same, but the need for money grew. Now, as this is a business it is natural that your first priority would be money and nobody can find fault with you for that. What we can find fault with is the constant lies, all of the smoke and mirrors, and the poor leadership in running your business. Jeremy will come out and make a statement, which is great, one of the bosses telling all of us little people/nobody's what is going on . Then Jat makes a statement, kind of confused now because his statement is a little different than Jeremy's. Finally Jen decides she has to make a statement too and now everyone is completely lost because it is totally different from what the actual bosses have said. I can't help but question your ability to run a business but then I take a step back and look at the whole picture. You honestly do know exactly what you are doing. You create just enough confusion and chaos so the players fight amongst themselves, one group tired of feeling used and the other desperately defending your every action because they think you really care about them. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. It's not criticism, if anything it's my way of saying "kudos to you, well played". 

Now here we are on the day of the official release and I see that the "powers that be" have us all tuned up and ready to be played. The only question that remains is for how much longer? In 3 months more servers will be wiped, and then 3 months after that, and then 3 months after that... how much longer are you going to let people cling to the false hope that you actually care about their hard work? You could do the right thing and just announce that there really isn't any way for you to fix the duping/cheating issue without a full wipe and then just do it. Yes people will be upset and quit, but after they've calmed down they'll be back. Yes people will call you liars, but they're already doing that so does it really matter? In the end the only thing that really matters (from Wilcard's point of view) is if they can make enough money to keep the bills paid. What matters to us as players is irrelevant. If 500 people stop playing and 501 start that's all that matters. As long as they can keep moving forward they don't have any reason to look back, nor should they. 

I know that because I made this post I am in for a barrage of insults, criticism, and name calling. My only comment to those that are about to attack me for my personal opinion is "fire away". What you say to me won't change anything, and honestly if you're busy attacking me then that means you're leaving everyone else alone.

36 minutes ago, Xelanie said:

Why can't the support we've given them for two+ years be mutual? This is an unfair and unhealthy relationship, Wildcard.

a lil off topic, sorry to post creator.. this was after setting to aggressive an luring and getting it to follow an leaving render etc etc etc  so just tried to ride it to deepths

1 minute ago, The1trueGodMe said:

a lil off topic, sorry to post creator.. this was after setting to aggressive an luring and getting it to follow an leaving render etc etc etc  so just tried to ride it to deepths

I have a plesio that is stuck that exact same way currently and I'm terrified to attempt moving it because I know it will die.

1 hour ago, The1trueGodMe said:

i sunk 2 years in to a game i will have nothing to show for it and i am sure legacy servers over time will be removed regardless sooooo back up plan

xbox scorpio and Anthem :D adios WC

will be watching what happens here on out though  but i wont be wasting time on 30+ mut gigs an all the raising that goes in to them and sleep deprivation just isn't worth it now. I love the game but reducing to 2 days a week play or something. See how it goes like many but with 0 faith in WC for their customer fan base and the ticket i posted a month ago for my squid that some how random;y died as it was floating in the air and know will be pushed aside like 1000's of others i can honestly say i think i speak for a large group of dedicated fans when i see nothing but disappointment on how ALL of this was handled 

my last post on this particular topic as frankly whats the point nothing will change anything, we are but mere mortals an small cogs in a big machone 

There was no Time it was worth to give all you Energy in a Game so its your fail. Things Change and in a Computer Game they Change fast! 

Other Point is we all allready buyed the Game have Houndres of Hours Gameplay gainend now Maps a lot of new Dinos and they are hosting Server for Free (no montlee fee) so what can we expect more? Maybe they lose Costumers but they have allready payed so they are pissed at moment sure but after  Time the Strom goes by and some will come back....

ok thx bye buy our dlc to support future content, legacy raptor you, we did not wipe you but buy dlc so we can keep support up for new servers and keep developing and we keep the legacy servers up what we did not  pay forward up for few years.

Sorry sarcasm, i saw last i think a post that a terminal got blocked with a platform pacer with a structure going  down if these kind of things even dont get helped anymore legacy players going to have to deal with alot with grievers.

Archived