Introducing the Oncorhynchus!

Jatheish

14 hours ago, Triceraflops Gaming said:

Still its good to know blackfish takes priority over 100+ other people

Actually I think this was the best method of introducing Prime fish .. nothing more than that.. personally I hate the basil.   Rather have that armored fish... But IT'S opinion take what you will from it. ..

14 minutes ago, Triceraflops Gaming said:

This wasnt how they introduced prime fish.... They did that with leedsichthys... And why do you hate Basilosaurus? It has nothing against you and it looks badass.

Leedsichthys did introduce Prime Fish. You're definitely not wrong there. However, Leedsichthys has been the only creature in the waters to give Prime Fish. Could you imagine Ark if say, Brontos were the only creatures to give Prime Meat? They need more than just one creature to give Prime Fish, or else people would have trouble finding it.

Plus the end statement is an opinion. Not everyone has to believe Basilosaurus is cool or *ahem* 'badass'.

Edited by FaneBlackwing

6 minutes ago, Ij999 said:

It's his opinion and he has a right to say it.

Just like its my opinion to say it's wrong.

Never said anything about you having an opinion.

He simply asked how someone could hate Basilosaurus, the answer is very simple: opinions differ. They don't always match up perfectly with yours.

1 minute ago, Ij999 said:

Fair enough, and just like he can vocalize his disagreement so can i

As you may. ^^^

Just try to keep any harsh accusations or words out of it. (Not singling anyone out here just in case this is somewhat misleading, just reminding everyone) Have to remember opinions can be sentimental or important to someone, so if you disagree with someone just simply say so or ignore it. Probably the best way to avoid any conflict. (:

On 02/02/2016 at 0:36 PM, Willtock said:

It's not mentioned in the dossier, but I can quite see Direbears hunting them in the rivers

I love this thought, maybe it's there to test the Dino feeding chain system as well as bleeding/bandaging later on.

Coel wouldn't be much good because for food chain testing as it wouldn't put up much of a struggle so visually it would be boring, plus Coel seems to be reserved for testing creature sizes.

Food chain, ARK Digest 14

Survivor, Diabolus Ursus asks, “To what extent are you guys planning on polishing your ecosystem? Will predators have territories and hunting ranges?”

Answer:

Yup! We want ARK to be a fully-fledged ecosystem. For there to be a food chain, complete animal interaction, where the elements play an effect. It’s a long-project and will take time to be fully completed, however you’ll see herded animals roaming around together, animals being territorial and much more!

Edited by SallyAnn

15 hours ago, SallyAnn said:

I love this thought, maybe it's there to test the Dino feeding chain system as well as bleeding/bandaging later on.

Coel wouldn't be much good because for food chain testing as it wouldn't put up much of a struggle so visually it would be boring, plus Coel seems to be reserved for testing creature sizes.

How about fishing rod? hahaha

7 hours ago, Allcor said:

well with the piranha and coelacanth not being extinct I think they were very happy with a extinct iconic fish being brought up.

Megapiranha is extinct, and Coelacanth has been around since prehistoric times. Hence the nickname "Living Fossil". Sabertooth Salmon is also an extinct species.

To quote the super legit Wikipedia entry on the Sabertooth Salmon (Oncorhynchus rastrosus).. "the sabertooth salmon, is an extinct species of Salmon that lived along the Pacific coast of North_America, first appearing in the late Miocene, then dying out some time during the Pleistocene. Adults grew to be 2.7 m (9 ft) in length"

These things were 9ish feet .... If they were adding a 9-foot blood sucking salmon to mount/ride ... Now that's something I'd be interested in!!

If only everyone would understand that the devs put a lot of work into this game and every creature no matter how silly or what size it is, it adds to the interest of the game. Personally I think that the game needs more small aquatic creatures (its pretty bare out in the deep guys). As for the basil not getting a dossier yet, it is literally I believe the most asked for creature to be in the game so just give it a little time. I promise the devs aren't blind, they just like creative and not highly asked for creatures that perk their interest also.