Jump to content


ARK Volunteer PC Tester
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Everything posted by Tom

  1. The click on the title doesnt work to download the HQ-version of the images
  2. I was wondering if people actually read the old digests or not. This question was asked like three times already ^^
  3. German version of the ARK Digest: http://arkforum.de/blog/index.php/Entry/54-ARK-Uebersichtswoche-42-ARK-Digest-42/
  4. Will update first post on the upcoming weekend, quite busy these days.
  5. So you actually did this whole ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=(........) twice and below each other?
  6. Should be like this. There will me one more brackets with a comma, before the second "SupplyCrateClassString" starts - please give it a try and modify it to your needs. I am actually quite sure that this should work:
  7. I got confirmation of the same value. ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems= I will add it in the first post.
  8. As stated in several previous answers above, there is something missing what the Devs forgot to tell us and what let all the theory above just remain theory. There is something missing that assigns this code to a variable or something. @Jeremy Stieglitz or @Zane might could bring some light into the dark.
  9. I already contacted WC to ask about the things of maybe a missing variable in the beginning. I will keep you posted guys asap i got an update.
  10. Hi guys, I hereby present you my tutorial to set up your loot crates. I have done this tutorial in good belief and based on how I got information from Wildcard and my own understanding. Please do not blame me, if it does not work as intended :-) Explaining the code fragments I firstly will explain the basic code fragments for you. This example was posted in the patch notes earlier: ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=(SupplyCrateClassString="SupplyCrate_Level03_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=1,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemSets=((MinNumItems=2,MaxNumItems=2,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=1.0,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true,ItemEntries=((EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Stone_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0),(EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0))))) First of all you need to get an overview of the item class names. Therefor you can either use the attached pdf list (it may be outdated with time) or you refer to the english wiki of the Entity IDs here What you need to copy, is the last part of the name, without the "dot" in front of it and also not including the quotes at the end of the text: So, the above mentioned example was using PrimalItemResource_Stone and PrimalItemResource_Thatch Important: You now need to add an "_C" to the name itself, so that it will look like this: PrimalItemResource_Stone_C Now, lets start with the code fragments and what they are doing. SupplyCrateClassString="SupplyCrate_Level03_C" is defining that you are going to modify the loot crate that is available from Level 3. You can choose the following loot crate numbers: 03 - for the white loot crate 15 - for the green loot crate 25 - for the blue loot crate 35 - for the purple loot crate 45 - for the yellow loot crate 60 - for the red loot crate MinItemSets=1 - specifies how many sets will be at least in the loot crate. MaxItemSets=1 - specifies how many sets will be at most in the loot crate. One set then can contain one or more items. Therefor you are able to decide how many sets by chance a loot crate will contain. Based on the settings we just saw, the loot crate will always only contain 1 set's items as the minimum and maximum value is set to 1. NumItemsPower=1.0 - is a multiplicator to modify the item quality. I was talking with @Zane earlier and he told me to stick with that 1.0 and not modify it at all. Otherwise you might get primitive or ascendat items overall. The value of 1.0 will remain a good mix of both. bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true - this value ensures that one item will not be added twice to same loot crate, if it maybe was added to two different item-sets. If you set it to "false" it may happen, that you will get the same item twice with a different quantity, based on what you have specified. MinNumItems=2 - specifies how many items from that set will be at least in the loot crate MaxNumItems=2 - specifies how many items from that set will be at most in the loot crate From these settings there will always be 2 items in the loot crate for now. As you can see, you are able to not only modify the quantity of sets but also the quantity of the items itself also. THerefor you can generate a highly random loot crate, depending on the setting you have chosen. You could for example determine 5 different kind of sets. And all of these 5 sets have different kind of items in it. And only 2 sets of them are chosen in first place before it will be chosen which items from them will be used for the loot crate. NumItemSetsPower=1.0 - specifies the item quality. Same here: stick to 1.0 according to Wildcard. SetWeight=1.0 - specifies the chance that the current set would make it into the loot crate. ItemEntries=.... - this is the beginning of the possible contents of the loot crate. EntryWeight=1.0 - this specifies the probability that the current item will be chosen for the loot crate. 0.1 eqals 10%, 0.2 equals 20% and so on. 1.0 would be 100% - so the set will always be part of the loot crate. MinQuantity=10.0 - this specifies what the quantity of the current item would be at least MaxQuantity=10.0 - this specifies what the quantity of the current item would be at most MinQuality=1.0 - this specifies what the quality of the current item would be at least (stick to Wildcard's recommendation and keep it with 1.0) MaxQuality=1.0 - this specifies what the quality of the current item would be at most (stick to Wildcard's recommendation and keep it with 1.0) bForceBlueprint=false - this specifies if you always want to generate a blueprint instead of the item. If you choose "true" you will always get a blueprint. ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0 - if you chose "false" above, then here you can specify the probability of getting a blueprint by using the same values as for the above mentioned percentage values. 1.0 would be equal to setting "true" in the " bForceBlueprint" setting. Adding one or more items for a single set Now, if you want to have different items in one set, you are going to separate them by comma: Example for one item would be: (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Stone_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0) Example for two items would be: (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Stone_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0), (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0) Example for three items would be: (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Stone_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0), (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0), (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Metal_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0,MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0) Now we have talked about all relevant values. Syntax Please make sure, to always carefully check all comma that are in the command: Example Loot Crate #1 Explaination of the example loot crate above: You are going to overwrite the level 3 loot crate It would always contain 10 stone and 10 thatch The min/max qty is both 10 - so you will always get 10 of them The min/max item qty is 2 - so you will always get both items Example Loot Crate #2 Now lets take a look at a more complicated but complete example (please check for the colors to get the values meaning/function): This loot crate will either contain 1 or 2 sets in total The probability for set 1 is 80%, the probability for set 2 is 40% to be in the loot crate finally If set 1 is chosen, then there will at least 1 and at most 2 items be chosen to be in the final loot crate. As there are totally 3 possible items, one item will not make it to the loot crate PrimalItemResource_Stone_C has a 90% chance to be chosen as item, and if its chosen it will contain between 5 and 10 units PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C has a 100% chance to be chosen as item. Therefor it will always be in the lootcrate with exactly 10 units PrimalItemResource_Tintoberry_C has a 20% chance to be chosen as item, and if its chosen it will contain between 10 and 90 units Now you are maybe asking yourself how these probabilities will work out for the loot crate. Let me explain to you. As you can see, the first entry (Stone) has a chance of 90% to be in the loot crate. So in 9 out of 10 supply drops you will get stone. If stone is in the crate, it will go to the next item: Thatch. As Thatch has a 100% chance to be in, it will be chosen as next item. Now, we have alreay reached the 2 items max. qty limit. Therefor the set's chosen items are decided now. If stone would not be chosen to be in the loot crate (the odds are 1 out of 10 for that), then Thatch would be checked next. Thatch again will be in the crate, as it still has 100% chance to be chosen. Now we have a 20% chance that the Tinotberry will be added to the loot crate - however, this would only happen 1 out of 5 times. If you combine both probabilities that are used here you might can see, that by statistics you would get the Tintoberries only every 45 drops. And if stone isnt chosen, then 80% of the time, you wont get a second item added to that loot crate from the first items-set. Now that we have determined which items are chosen from the first set, lets take a look at the second set. As stated above, there is a 40% chance that this second set would be considered to be used for the next loot crate drop, so in 60% of all drops you wont get any items from this second set at all. In the other 40% you would be able to get 1 or 2 items again. PrimalItem_WeaponRocketLauncher_C has a chance of 50% to be chosen for be dropped and if it drops it will contain exactly 1 unit. PrimalItem_WeaponSlingshot_C has a chance of 100% to be chosen and it will contain 1 or 2 units If the rocket launcher will be chosen, there will be a 30% chance to get the blueprint instead of the item itself If the Slingshot will be chosen, it will always be a blueprint I know this whole thing is a bit hard to explain, but I hope I didnt make it more complicated than it actually is. BTW: You must add the configuration in your game.ini file under [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] - please make sure that you dont set up the same loot crate twice. If you need the second example as text - here it is: ConfigOverrideSupplyCrateItems=( SupplyCrateClassString="SupplyCrate_Level03_C",MinItemSets=1,MaxItemSets=2,NumItemSetsPower=1.0,bSetsRandomWithoutReplacement=true, ItemSets=( ( MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=2,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=0.8,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true, ItemEntries=( (EntryWeight=0.9,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Stone_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=5.0,MaxQuantity=20.0,MinQuality=1.0, MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0), (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=10.0,MinQuality=1.0, MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0), (EntryWeight=0.2,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemResource_Tintoberry_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=10.0,MaxQuantity=90.0,MinQuality=1.0, MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0) ) ), ( MinNumItems=1,MaxNumItems=2,NumItemsPower=1.0,SetWeight=0.4,bItemsRandomWithoutReplacement=true, ItemEntries=( (EntryWeight=0.5,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItem_WeaponRocketLauncher_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=1.0,MaxQuantity=1.0,MinQuality=1.0, MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.3), (EntryWeight=1.0,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItem_WeaponSlingshot _C"),ItemsWeights=(1.0),MinQuantity=1.0,MaxQuantity=2.0,MinQuality=1.0, MaxQuality=1.0,bForceBlueprint=true,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0) ) ) ) ) Cheers, Tom itemliste09042016.pdf itemliste09042016.pdf itemliste09042016.pdf
  11. As long as you find three other people it will be fine. I think you even can just join as a single person, but your chances will be lower to win of course.
  12. Tom

    Unicorn Dossier

    Dont miss that unicorn: http://arkforum.de/index.php/Attachment/5701-images-akamai-steamusercontent-com-jpg/
  13. brace yourselves... chinese girls incoming and wanting to take pictures with every foreigner.. especially when they have blonde hair and/or blue eyes..
  14. German announcement: http://arkforum.de/index.php/Thread/5599-Neue-Karte-und-erster-Mod-fuer-Xbox-One-The-Center-und-Primitive-Plus-Official-k/
  15. German Translation: http://arkforum.de/wiki/index.php/Entry/603-Oncorhynchus/
  16. German Q+A part: http://arkforum.de/blog/index.php/Entry/38-ARK-Uebersichtwoche-26-ARK-Digest-26/
  17. I am curious how you will do this until its not supported from the game. But this would make the software legendary. I wish good luck for that. Its heavily demanded by many admins.
  18. Tom

    ARK Digest 25!

    Here you can find the German translation of the 25th ARK Digest: http://arkforum.de/blog/index.php/Entry/34-ARK-Uebersichtwoche-25-ARK-Digest-25/
  19. Tom

    ARK Digest 24!

    Coming soon. It was forgotten. Btw.: German translation of the Q&A part: http://arkforum.de/blog/index.php/Entry/33-ARK-Uebersichtswoche-24-ARK-Digest-24/
  20. Tom

    Poop Plush

  • Create New...