server repurpose list.

spacemansg1
Message added by Captnmorgan

We have some very important news for Survivors playing on our official servers. This coming Wednesday (August 23nd) we will be posting the list of servers that will be taken down on our launch day and re-purposed for the new servers, while all other existing servers become Legacy servers. For those who decide not to migrate, the saves for these servers will be uploaded and provided, which you can then download and use to host your own unofficial servers with all of your stuff intact.

Closer to release date we will also be communicating how these servers will be allocated, so you can prepare to take over a new server!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Guys would you chill? Right now it's 5:30 PM Wednesday where they are...they still have like 6 and a half hours before the day ends for them. WC is stationed out of PST Pacific Standard time, they are NOT based in the UK by any means.

This is probably the most impatient community I've ever seen...so sad.

They said the release info would be the 22nd. Last I checked it's now the 23rd.

Considering official release is now 6 days away, this does not give people much time. It takes a while to move even a small/medium sized base. I can see the release of the new servers not coming on the 29th. I think the game will ship due to the retail disc on console but I can see these new servers and the legacy split taking at least a few days longer. 

10 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Considering official release is now 6 days away, this does not give people much time. It takes a while to move even a small/medium sized base. I can see the release of the new servers not coming on the 29th. I think the game will ship due to the retail disc on console but I can see these new servers and the legacy split taking at least a few days longer. 

It's more likely they will give players more time to move, and repurpose the servers after launch since that will also give a better feel for what is needed map wise. Im honestly surprised about the 'at launch' official statement and wonder if that was actually a miscommunication. we could speculate all day, but I really don't think WC would cut it so close with something like this..  time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

Why should we thank them for not doing something they said they wouldn't do months ago? Devs better thank US for sticking around if they wipe our servers.

Get your facts straight before you speak up. Not once did they say they were never goign to wipe servers. They just decided against doing one HUGE wipe at once. The same time they said that, they've said that they were gonna repurpose 10% of the lowest pop servers on release, followed by additional reevaluations every 3 months after release, in case they find ghost servers with no one playing on them.

Gosh it's like the wipe thread all over again...thanks for the chuckle though. Found it really amusing that you think your personal opinions reflected all of the US.

7 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Get your facts straight before you speak up. Not once did they say they were never goign to wipe servers. They just decided against doing one HUGE wipe at once. The same time they said that, they've said that they were gonna repurpose 10% of the lowest pop servers on release, followed by additional reevaluations every 3 months after release, in case they find ghost servers with no one playing on them.

Gosh it's like the wipe thread all over again...thanks for the chuckle though. Found it really amusing that you think your personal opinions reflected all of the US.

Notice the date? 

Whose facts aren't straight?

53 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Guys would you chill? Right now it's 5:30 PM Wednesday where they are...they still have like 6 and a half hours before the day ends for them. WC is stationed out of PST Pacific Standard time, they are NOT based in the UK by any means.

This is probably the most impatient community I've ever seen...so sad.

LOL they said FIRST that they were going to do this 3 weeks ago. Then it was suppose to be yesterday, now it's the 23rd and still nothing, and if they release at the last minute tonight then they are only giving players 5 days, maybe 6 if they wait until the last minute to officially release on the 29th. Excuse us for being impatient.

2 minutes ago, BlueFox91 said:

LOL they said FIRST that they were going to do this 3 weeks ago. Then it was suppose to be yesterday, now it's the 23rd and still nothing, and if they release at the last minute tonight then they are only giving players 5 days, maybe 6 if they wait until the last minute to officially release on the 29th. Excuse us for being impatient.

I wouldn't think it takes more than 5 days to move anything, even if you are a large alpha tribe with multiple people. But what do I know. Nothing I say will quell people's impatience. Was worth a shot.

3 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

Notice the date? 

Whose facts aren't straight?

Neither of our facts are false then. You've provided a quote from Jeremy. Awesome.

But I also have a quote that states what I said to the T as well.

So both can't be true, and given they will be releasing a list of those 10% servers, then I'm the one with the correct info. Not my fault WC staff weren't on the same page. This thread wouldn't exist if Jat himself has been tweeting about releasing a repurpose list as recently as YESTERDAY. So if you're here just to try and say their intentions were to NEVER wipe a server, then you will find you are mistaken very quickly when release comes.

I got nothing more to say on the matter. There will be a 10% lowest pop server list being released soon, which means some folks will need to move. Hopefully WC will be merciful on you poor official players and give you some extended time to move if you really feel less than a week (a weekend resting within there) isn't enough. You'll be getting the server save regardless that you can play with as well.

2 minutes ago, Ulta said:

I wouldn't think it takes more than 5 days to move anything, even if you are a large alpha tribe with multiple people. But what do I know. Nothing I say will quell people's impatience. Was worth a shot.

Neither of our facts are false then. You've provided a quote from Jeremy. Awesome.

But I also have a quote that states what I said to the T as well.

So both can't be true, and given they will be releasing a list of those 10% servers, then I'm the one with the correct info. Not my fault WC staff weren't on the same page. This thread wouldn't exist if Jat himself has been tweeting about releasing a repurpose list as recently as YESTERDAY. So if you're here just to try and say their intentions were to NEVER wipe a server, then you will find you are mistaken very quickly when release comes.

I got nothing more to say on the matter. There will be a 10% lowest pop server list being released soon, which means some folks will need to move. Hopefully WC will be merciful on you poor official players and give you some extended time to move if you really feel less than a week (a weekend resting within there) isn't enough. You'll be getting the server save regardless that you can play with as well.

Maybe it doesn't take 5 days to move, if you don't have anything else to do and have a large tribe to coordinate. Not the case for every9ne, BUT this was suppose to happen sooner.

having a job and a life out side ark makes it hard to move last minute, we're all ticked off, having someone telling us we're wrong for being upset is bull. they said no wipe, I retweeted it when it was posted so you aren't right. but I have a feeling telling girls they're wrong can cause a ban by white knight mods. I bought the game on 2 consoles and starting to regret it, wild card cant meet a deadline to save their life, and the community I felt I was apart of seems sensitive to disagreement. stop arguing over petty stuff just to feel right about some poop wildcard lied to us about.. making excuses for failure allows failure to be accepted

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived