What do you think the fabled "boss wars" would be like?

Jay89

In the Kotaku's latest article about ARK server wipes is mentioned how boss wars is going to look like. Boss will spawn on the map and anyone will be able to tame it. It will be tamed for certain period of time. 

It looked like Jeremy was not sure if it is a good idea, because he said it may blow up in their face. For me it looks like they have no clear vision of the game when they add things without deep thought.

2 hours ago, Voidstar said:

i am wondering myself how the fabled GPU/CPU optimizations will be

I personally am looking forward to this more than any of the other promised content. I just hope that the DX12 will use explicit multi-gpu correctly with real graphics cards, not simply gpu + integrated gpu. Integrated gpu is steaming poop, don't waste your time with it.

Basic terms:

leaderboard for completion time of boss kills on each server type PVPPVE, Hardcore, etc. with a reward for that month or "season" to top 10 kill teams.

reward = lots of element

Advanced terms:

PVP style 2 teams of 5-10 survivors and 1 of each boss wild on the map destroying objectives. Various objectives Scattered around. Each secured or defended objective damages the boss to eventually kill it while surviving waves of each boss type's minions and/or other players

Reward = lots of element after each round/boss is killed

I don't know what Boss Wars entails. If what Lewiatan said is what it will be, that isn't very fun...we on PVE have no use to taming a boss temporarily...we got a Titano already kinda doing this, what would doing this for the bosses gonna do that's different? A terrible idea...and brings nothing to the table for all of Ark's game modes.

That leader-board idea sounds neat though. I will happily not mind if those same bosses can just be killed for a BUNCH of element or yummy high rewards. Would give me reason to breed good dino's. Though it still wouldn't really be much of an 'endgame' because at that point, all Ark would be is a literal 'maintenance' simulator, maintenance that would serve no legit purpose other than just to make sure all your hard work doesn't die.

I hope Boss wars isn't what Jesse was hinting at in that E3 interview, because the way he described it was the new endgame that was coming to Ark on release would be 'unlike anything Ark has seen yet'. And since taming the bosses in the overworld temporarily is it, then he would be lying since again, Titano is already the 'raid boss' at present that does this already. That's nothing new...

Archived