Xbox One Ragnarok Update Delayed?

Never take time off work for ark updates, Wilcard's etas are innaccurate 80% of the time regardless of the occasion. The patch got pushed to the week of the tenth because the most recent update was rushed so they could prep for ragnarok sooner. This led to some pretty bad issues related to memory leaks so they pushed it back.

Great.

I mean yeah I do expect some delay but Jesus Christ, they could've at least kept everybody updated, the only reason I knew is because I finally decided to sign up here and look at some of the new details. 

I only asked for it this morning too so that's gonna be a great talk with HR to get it moved tol a different day -.- 

Is this 100% confirmed delayed and if it is has anyone got a source either on STA or elsewhere? 

Don't wanna be changing it then backtracking again.

Thanks again you guys.

9 hours ago, Stechun said:

Never take time off work for ark updates, Wilcard's etas are innaccurate 80% of the time regardless of the occasion. The patch got pushed to the week of the tenth because the most recent update was rushed so they could prep for ragnarok sooner. This led to some pretty bad issues related to memory leaks so they pushed it back.

4th wasnt an eta it was an anounced release date....

Big headline for E3 got them some attention.

I'm not understanding the problem with memory either. Other games, World of Tanks for example, don't seem to have a problem with this. In fact consoles have the better graphics due to the developer toning down the graphics on the PC version as some players PCs can't cope.

I really don't expect the game to fully release on 8th August either. They seem to have way to many problems on their hands at the moment.

Disappointing.

17 hours ago, Stechun said:

You do know what ETA means? Spoiler alert: It's not exact time of arrival.

31 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

You do know what ETA means? Spoiler alert: It's not exact time of arrival.

Seriously???

Have you even read this thread from the beginning or kept up to date with any of the news about this game?

Just to clear things up for you, at E3 it was announced that the actual release date for Ragnarok on XBOX One was 4th July and the actual release date for the game is 8th August. These were not announced as ETAs but as actual hard and fast release dates.

Now the release for Ragnarok on XBOX One has been changed to an ETA of "the week beginning 10th of July".

I think it's safe to say we all know what an ETA is. Looks like you just missed the point.

1 hour ago, Duggy34 said:

Seriously???

Have you even read this thread from the beginning or kept up to date with any of the news about this game?

Just to clear things up for you, at E3 it was announced that the actual release date for Ragnarok on XBOX One was 4th July and the actual release date for the game is 8th August. These were not announced as ETAs but as actual hard and fast release dates.

Now the release for Ragnarok on XBOX One has been changed to an ETA of "the week beginning 10th of July".

I think it's safe to say we all know what an ETA is. Looks like you just missed the point.

I did not quote anyone speaking about the official release anywhere, not do I care when they announced the release on a console I never gonna own. I quoted someone saying they do not make accurate ETAs. You cannot make an accurate ETA. Since it's only an estimated date.

You might want to read my post and the post I quoted before you make a reply.

9 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I did not quote anyone speaking about the official release anywhere, not do I care when they announced the release on a console I never gonna own. I quoted someone saying they do not make accurate ETAs. You cannot make an accurate ETA. Since it's only an estimated date.

You might want to read my post and the post I quoted before you make a reply.

The whole thread is about the Ragnarok update which was given an actual release date. I don't have a problem with ETAs. If they're not ready then that's fine. I'd rather have a game that plays as it should. 

34 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

Seems fairly clear that the release date was given - no argument. However, things happened - e.g. the unforeseen crashing issue.

What do you want? Them to stick to their release date and give you a game you can't actually play, or fix the problems first and delay a new map by a week or so? I know what I'd pick.

Problem is they said that ragnarok was delayed until they fixed the crashing. That meant the release date of the 10ty made sense. But the fact they've delayed it further (to the point where the fixes would have been out for over a week) makes me think that ragnarok has been delayed because it isn't ready.

This is a dangerous trend wildcard are doing. They can't afford to be making these mistakes with only a month until release. Ark has to release on time, stable and with all the intended content added if it is going to succeed. I feel like all the hate they get doesn't come from a place of hate (well maybe it does from a few people) but for the most I'd say it comes from a place of love. We want to see ark succeed but wildcard aren't going around the right way of making that happen

1 hour ago, KillerKeemgar said:

They can't afford to be making these mistakes with only a month until release. Ark has to release on time, stable and with all the intended content added if it is going to succeed.

This is in all probability why the thing is delayed - there's stuff going on that means some other stuff has to sit on the back burner temporarily whilst they hit their targets for release. I'm sure they never intended for the Xbox build to contain a bug, but it did and they've had to resolve that before continuing with the next steps. Remember, the game will have to be "done" way before August 8th because they'll need it ready to be pressed up and shipped to retailers, which isn't an overnight process. I expect there'll be the usual multi-gig 'Day 1 patch' as seems to be the norm amongst game companies that will allow them to continue to work on fixes and improvements.

As for 'all the intended content', well... The Island is possibly the only map without issues at present!? Scorched Earth still has kibble chain issues and The Center lacks the ascension stuff and boss content. Ragnarok isn't complete, is/was it even intended to be done by the retail launch? In all likelihood it'll remain as a 'free in-progress DLC' for a while yet.

On 03/07/2017 at 1:01 AM, RamrodMcSchlongnballz said:

Great.

I mean yeah I do expect some delay but Jesus Christ, they could've at least kept everybody updated, the only reason I knew is because I finally decided to sign up here and look at some of the new details. 

I only asked for it this morning too so that's gonna be a great talk with HR to get it moved tol a different day -.- 

Is this 100% confirmed delayed and if it is has anyone got a source either on STA or elsewhere? 

Don't wanna be changing it then backtracking again.

Thanks again you guys.

Next time check Twitter and Reddit...you don't even need to sign up and you get the info 5 days before the official forums. Go figure why.

1 hour ago, TranqRex said:

This is in all probability why the thing is delayed - there's stuff going on that means some other stuff has to sit on the back burner temporarily whilst they hit their targets for release. I'm sure they never intended for the Xbox build to contain a bug, but it did and they've had to resolve that before continuing with the next steps. Remember, the game will have to be "done" way before August 8th because they'll need it ready to be pressed up and shipped to retailers, which isn't an overnight process. I expect there'll be the usual multi-gig 'Day 1 patch' as seems to be the norm amongst game companies that will allow them to continue to work on fixes and improvements.

As for 'all the intended content', well... The Island is possibly the only map without issues at present!? Scorched Earth still has kibble chain issues and The Center lacks the ascension stuff and boss content. Ragnarok isn't complete, is/was it even intended to be done by the retail launch? In all likelihood it'll remain as a 'free in-progress DLC' for a while yet.

It would be nice if they could just shut up sometimes and work on their game. They go to E3 proud as a peacock claiming "we will have this dlc out on the 4th" to raise hype and then they can't deliver on it. All that achieves is the old players get disappointed again and the new players holding off on the game until launch get to see that wildcard really can't keep promises.

In regards to intended content yeah scorched earth is still badly optimized but I believe that will be worked on. The center won't have ascension as it's considered "not cannon" Ben Burkart tweeted this a while ago. And as for ragnarok I'd be surprised if it launches this month honestly. The map isn't intended to be finished by arks launch but it WAS intended to release before it

Also don't forget they need to launch with the end game content too. I think that's being worked on behind the scenes so it's a secret but you can't exactly launch a game without its ending :P

Archived