Everything You Want To Know About v256!

Jen

7 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

If its for admin purposes just teleport to them.

So now you wish to tell me how to admin? First WC tells me how to play the game, and now you tell me how to admin...maybe I used flyers because they were useful and allowed more control? And could carry a player in a pinch if needed? Teleporting is not the safest way to travel on the map, eh? Have you even tried it yourself? Doesn't sound like it. Lending more credence to the points people make about some developers not actually playing their own game, and people quarterbacking from chairs about things they know zip about.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Probitas said:

So now you wish to tell me how to admin? First WC tells me how to play the game, and now you tell me how to admin...maybe I used flyers because they were useful and allowed more control? And could carry a player in a pinch if needed? Teleporting is not the safest way to travel on the map, eh? Have you even tried it yourself? Doesn't sound like it. Lending more credence to the points people make about some developers not actually playing their own game, and people quarterbacking from chairs about things they know zip about.

Every time I carry out admin functions on my server i teleport to players. Never had a problem with it.

6 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Every time I carry out admin functions on my server i teleport to players. Never had a problem with it.

The reason I did it is because some of the admin commands can break functionality and cause other problems, like falling through the map and such. You are lucky if you never had that happen to you. The flyer was perfect as I could travel the map quickly and oversee some things from the sky and still move quickly when I needed. Sometimes you have to stealth manage the server, and you have to be able to move quickly in the area without a teleport.

Your defense of the update won't fly with me, as it did make administering a server too much a chore now. (well that, and the fact that WC can't even bother to properly support a server environment they claim to support (Linux))

Won't be the end of playing games, just this one. One thing I will not do is work to play a game.

6 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

The stats won't stay like this. They have reduced it to the "worst" it will be and based on the constructive feedback there is likely to be buffs over the coming days. It won't get back to what it was but i'm sure anything will be better than it is now. So yes they are listening, it's just better to nerf it now and increase it over the next few days rather than nerfing it little by little.

If they do am done. I cant dedicate the ammout of time it now requires to get mats I already have to put tones of time in as it is. As for listening I cant remeber any one on my server ever saying "I would like this bird to fly rediculusly slowly.", or "Ied like my wyvren to fly and fight like it has an asthma condition." And agine "Whoa I can get way to much metal on this Quetze wish the devs would stop that happening." Have you? I'do however remember people asking for the game bugs and optimization to be sorted out instead of adding DLC, extra content..... food for thought my modderator friend.

On 01/04/2017 at 0:04 PM, DattoSSS said:

Every move this game makes costs the player more time.  Now flyers are slowed down and I assume Quetzal stamina recovery requires landing.

Great game devs, but the cumulative effect of these time thieving changes makes me want to turn it off.  A game is meant to be entertainment, not a second job.

OK so since I posted this I have logged on to play a few hours.  I jumped on my Quetzal, went to fly to Redwood and it took absolutely ages as well as having to land prior to getting there.  I have invested over 1500 hours into this game.  I played on officials, been in a number of tribes, started a tribe that grew to 35+ people, then decided to go solo for the challenge.  I have a 12 hour a day job and Ark is how I relax, a great game with complexity and depth.  Unfortunately though, Ark demands time, a lot of it, and the flyer nerf has made the game boring and far too grindy.  I couldn't play tonight, I was heading to Redwood to look for a 150 female Thyla (been looking for days) and it was just too slow, and too boring.  I turned it off and played GTAV instead.  All my GTA gear was still there (no offline raids here), get into favourite car and instant fun.  Whilst I was playing Ark all I could think of was the amount of time I was taking just to travel (time Vs progress).  Yeah I could take a land mount, but I have a taming pen that I carry my wilds to in order to tame, it's how I prefer it). Ark is now too grindy, too time consuming, and too boring as a result.  It's turned into World of Warcraft with Dinosaurs.  Anyway I hope you all enjoy it, like I did.  Obviously a person with a full time job is not the demographic Wildcard are looking for, even though we have disposable cash and many friends to refer the game too (not likely now...).  Many thanks to the Devs for the past 18 months, but I am done.

@Jat

12 hours ago, Ashelia said:

Can we all stop crying over quetzals and useless pteras..and fovcus on the fact they also NERFED THE HELL OUT OF THE STAMINA ON ALL WYVERNS -.-? 500 stamina from 2k , really, 2 pew pew beams, fire spits, or vomit balls and that's it, end of the action?

Yes, but all the flyers are now broken. Some people play on other than SE and use all they flyers for a variety of tasks. I lost a quetz already because of the slowness and lack of stamina.

People are commenting in the servers that they will now quit playing the whole game over this extreme nerf. If they really felt the need to adjust the settings, fine. But did they really have to completely make all flyers useless?

Capping flyer speed at base is horrible, I can hardly play, I could understand capping speed at different levels for flyers but there worthless now as utility Mounts, I can get with slowing g things down cause ptera are game breaking but caping them at 200 argent's at 220 would have been a better option and with the stamina also so low what's the point of flyers at all, how about a saddle item that blocks getting snatched and dethrowns a rider, breaks after 3 pick up attempts? Well I'm off to play other games untill something is done cause ark is really broken right now to me.

@Jat after 3k hours i have see more nerf but this is epic!!!is not possible play with this nerf for some reason:

-impossible take egg or milk from vivern 

-the fastest mode for move in map is teleporter But in the center boss give low element than the island so is impossibile craft 1 teleporter for all biome, and boss is easy to make only with bug (fixed bug rex and c4 for monkey boss)

-Ptera now have the same utility of dodo in sotf have more stamina

Idk when Ark is finish But if WC remuve all funny all player left, now all tribe have to rebuild all voult defence so Farm impossible with quetzal. I hope this is a giant april fish :/ 

For the happy of all players need 12 hours rollback and delete this nerf or modify for me WC lost 40%of player for this poop

-

12 hours ago, Ashelia said:

Can we all stop crying over quetzals and useless pteras..and fovcus on the fact they also NERFED THE HELL OUT OF THE STAMINA ON ALL WYVERNS -.-? 500 stamina from 2k , really, 2 pew pew beams, fire spits, or vomit balls and that's it, end of the action?

No one makes you play on official servers, I still run pre major dino nerfs from a year ago. Private servers run better, in fact they really do everything better unless you join one run by idiots. Then again, alpha tribes run official servers.... just my suggestion anyways. 

14 minutes ago, Tris said:

I'm all for these nerfs if they're adjusted, but right now i cant play the game like this. Also as someone who recently fought a big Chinese tribe of aimbotters, these changes will be devastating in such future fights. Its pretty much a guaranteed loss at this point. Please fix the aimbotters, please.

Yeah same for me

OK ARK,

I like some of the new dino's in this patch just fine, i can even adjust to the new user interface. BUT, what you did to the flyers smacks of overreaction to stupid complaints. First of all, why did you think this was needed? Who was complaining? People who do not want to do the work of taming good flyers? Perhaps your official servers are so overrun with huge tribes who are abusing the little people you want to help the little guy? Then do something to just those servers and tribes! Don't wreck the game! 

If you simply wanted to slow the birds, why in God's name did you take away all of the speed and stamina? This is double the loss. PVP is wrecked because now you cannot fly to raid if they have turrets. So you going to nerf the turrets to compensate? (PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS). You cannot just nerf everything, and flyers are integral to many aspects of the game. The Redwoods, for example, just got more difficult. Those who already have platform homes or home on cliffs and high hard to reach places, just became disadvantaged in the game. So how are you going to fix that? What will you nerf for their problems? How far will you go? Will all dino's be made weaker because your Official servers are cram packed with huge overbearing tribes?

Stamina is crucial to the flyers, yet you dropped it significantly! Now, if you descend to pick up an potential tame and you get hit by bugs or something that drains your stamina, you cannot get away. You face greatly increased chance of death to your character and the bird. Additionally, what's with removing the stamina gain by standing on the saddle? It was only the Quetz that I know of you could do it on. You couldn't carry anything, or go anywhere when doing it, so why remove it?

Speed is necessary in many situations on a bird. You not merely reduced it, you annihilated it! Perhaps if the birds still had stamina you could adjust to the loss in speed, but no, you took that away as well! Now you cannot go very far at all and do anything. I feel so bad for all who play on the Scorched Earth servers, speed was an absolute must when dealing with the wyverns. Now only those who already have them will dominate the server. so much for new players getting one! Here I had hoped to go back to a SE server and play one day. Guess my $20 I spent on it just went down the toilet!!!

PLEASE, undo your flyer nerf! If you want to slow them some, fine we will deal with it. But what you have done is completely break them. I know one player whose Quetz was killed by Troodons. TROODONS!

40 minutes ago, DattoSSS said:

OK so since I posted this I have logged on to play a few hours.  I jumped on my Quetzal, went to fly to Redwood and it took absolutely ages as well as having to land prior to getting there.  I have invested over 1500 hours into this game.  I played on officials, been in a number of tribes, started a tribe that grew to 35+ people, then decided to go solo for the challenge.  I have a 12 hour a day job and Ark is how I relax, a great game with complexity and depth.  Unfortunately though, Ark demands time, a lot of it, and the flyer nerf has made the game boring and far too grindy.  I couldn't play tonight, I was heading to Redwood to look for a 150 female Thyla (been looking for days) and it was just too slow, and too boring.  I turned it off and played GTAV instead.  All my GTA gear was still there (no offline raids here), get into favourite car and instant fun.  Whilst I was playing Ark all I could think of was the amount of time I was taking just to travel (time Vs progress).  Yeah I could take a land mount, but I have a taming pen that I carry my wilds to in order to tame, it's how I prefer it). Ark is now too grindy, too time consuming, and too boring as a result.  It's turned into World of Warcraft with Dinosaurs.  Anyway I hope you all enjoy it, like I did.  Obviously a person with a full time job is not the demographic Wildcard are looking for, even though we have disposable cash and many friends to refer the game too (not likely now...).  Many thanks to the Devs for the past 18 months, but I am done.

This is exactly right! I have had this complaint already due to  these issues. but this change to the flyers has ruined any fun for me in this game!

The nerf is to hard atm, take Wyverns they feel heavy, slow i almost "feel heavy" myself after flying with them. And you can not use special attacks on other big dinos since the stam is to low. So they are useless now. This is a game mechanism that takes the fun out of the Wyverns and Quetzl. And leave me, us players feeling something is wrong here. That is not a good game design choice.

The nerf need to be fixed in order to be able to have fun again, is that not the most important aspect by any games?

Beside that i love the new UI, more modern and its smooth.

Just wanted to say thank you.  I'd been having trouble quitting the game for a long time, despite it running on a 1995 engine with no UI/UX designer.

Now, you gave me that push.  My work and sleep schedule appreciate it.  I've never actually seen an official policy actually defended by "no, we wanted to overreact and panic, and then slowly try to fix it afterward".  That's pretty awesome.  Peace out, and good luck.  You already have my money, so you got what you needed.

Think on the bright side, your approval rating is still slightly higher than the president's.

7 minutes ago, trhyne said:

Just wanted to say thank you.  I'd been having trouble quitting the game for a long time, despite it running on a 1995 engine with no UI/UX designer.

Now, you gave me that push.  My work and sleep schedule appreciate it.  I've never actually seen an official policy actually defended by "no, we wanted to overreact and panic, and then slowly try to fix it afterward".  That's pretty awesome.  Peace out, and good luck.  You already have my money, so you got what you needed.

Think on the bright side, your approval rating is still slightly higher than the president's.

Good riddance. Realistically, the people willing to quit the game due to the nerf, even after wildcard said they'd be tweaking it over the next few days based on community feedback, are the ones who get "ahead" by duping, glitches, etc.

Again, good riddance.

Archived