Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

14 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Uhuh... and how they will find the player feedback? Reading thousands of posts? Eh? This is just a marketing sentence to try to calm people.

Did they do anything with player feedback - apart from ignoring it - about the blueprint nerfs? Did they ever admitted that clamping the properties of the high quality BPs without reducing the material costs was a pointless stupid thing? Did they do anything to correct it or balance it properly? 

No they didnt, because now they think all their decisions are perfect and unquestionable. Because this is EA, and this is THEIR game. 

Considering the very simple fact that the whole universe is buthurt about the flyer nerf, I am 100% confident in Wildcard's ability to fix this soon. Otherwise, they know they will suffer alot. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The change with the recent patch changed the baseline aspect of Quetzals.  They were meant to be always in the air creatures. 

With the recent changes, even when they have nothing in their inventories, nothing on their back, and no rider they still lose stamina.

Wild Q's are now landing at times...

I have fear we will even see wild Q's die when out over water as they will be unable to land and the Stamina mechanic will start taking health away.

I can get behind some reduction in their baseline stamina and tamed Q's not regenerating stamina without landing.  The rest is totally bogus imho.

Just now, LordofArbiters said:

Considering the very simple fact that the whole universe is buthurt about the flyer nerf, I am 100% confident in Wildcard's ability to fix this soon. Otherwise, they know they will suffer alot. 

I just cant imagine how they would got hurt. You know, we paid in advance, I can imagine the game already reached the highest point in terms of sold units (big sales indicates that), so they wont feel anything regardless what they do in the future.

Just now, szabiferi said:

I just cant imagine how they would got hurt. You know, we paid in advance, I can imagine the game already reached the highest point in terms of sold units (big sales indicates that), so they wont feel anything regardless what they do in the future.

Good point, however just like any other company, they want to max out their profits. This is what I meant. Not fixing the nerf would obviously taint ARK's already "Mixed" reputation, resulting in less sales. But I don't get why you say we paid in advance. Technically if you played ARK for a solid time, then I say you got your money's worth. 

My constructive criticism. 

If the goal was to make it not so easy to traverse the map so early / make the ground dinos more relevant then I would propose this.

Nerf speed some, and make it harder to tame flyers early on(more expensive longer tames).

If it is insistent that the speed stay how it is, at the very least give us some of our stam back and imprint bonus. We spent hours raising dragons/pteras/argys/quetzals imprinting every 3 hours so that we could have that extra speed, we earned that.

But an end-game tribe should not struggle to traverse the map, that's more of a growing tribe issue.

1 hour ago, Titan696 said:

The problem is your assumptions, I mean not all of us fly around just dropping anything into a taming pen, its about getting from A to B. Birds fly flaster than land animals run, its nature, it's as realistic as it should be with a game featuring giant birds and dinosaurs could be. And just because you have had time to use a flier to get yourself a thyla what makes you think everyone has. It's creating massive inbalance, now every tribe that is established has used old rules, new players are screwed. I have to rebuild my entire game swapping from console to pc and now face major setbacks. Mainly it isn't making life harder, just makes doing things longer. Playing solo I never exploited or even got a quetz, platform saddles on a flying bird has always seemed ridiculous. But to stop a bird that would have had stamina enough to cross continents in real life from flying 4 squares on a map is stupid.  And you said it yourself, you decided to try a thyla, you wasn't forced to by others making you decide. I want them to make the game more realistic, stop them flying at night, give us ways to defend against special attacks, humans are known to be very creative when it comes to making things to either kill or survive., all the problems people have with flyers are things they hate with people, not the animals, nerfing an animal that was perfectly fine to stop a few people being sausages is not the way forward, its 2 steps back.

And I totally agree Thylas are great fun, how long till they nerf its OP attack, speed or climbing ability and make it a waste of time. Its gonna be the whiners next target

Some possible, realistic nerf ideas that aren't totally game changing...

Argents and other feathered animals are very susceptible to fire damage, and are grounded until healed if enough feathers get damaged.

Pteras have fragile wings, give them a hit box so they can take damage and effect the flying speed and or ability

Quetz remove the platform saddle, it was stupid and opens things up to abuse

Wildlife needs to have some fear of fire, torches shouldn't just be for a little warmth or sight, they are a valuable weapon against things like wolves, and should keep thylas, microraptors and the likes away. Fur/feathers and fire don't mix, but on the flip side it could attract cold blooded animals that seek warmth. its the little things..

Thorny armour that resists being picked up would be a good idea to counter being picked up/removed from a mount, but it should have a trade off, be hot or hard to get, that needs repairing often

Thats what I would change and maybe add everything as daytime or nocturnal creatures that need to rest and will refuse to do anything

Agree with this @Jat. I guess the general consent is, rather then nerfing the crap out of any dino, add Features that counters specific Advantages. 

Or at least till you find a creative solution add the option to not take that change. Like done before.

Just now, LordofArbiters said:

Good point, however just like any other company, they want to max out their profits. This is what I meant. Not fixing the nerf would obviously taint ARK's already "Mixed" reputation, resulting in less sales. But I don't get why you say we paid in advance. Technically if you played ARK for a solid time, then I say you got your money's worth. 

Oh yeah, it was a profitable investment, so it WAS great, I don't mind I spent 9 EUROs on the game :D

But still, technically we gave them the money without having any idea what they will do in the future (as the product is not final yet), and have no tools to show them if we are unhappy.

6 hours ago, vhaelen said:

i dont have a problem with the flyer nerf... i have a problem with forcing it to everyone ... they should make it optional so that server owners can choose if they want it (and you in single player should also be able to choose)

I agree 100% with everything you said. Did they make a config for that?

I'd imagine it could be something like...

TameDinoStaminaCap=False/True (not DinoCharacter, as tamed dinos and wild dinos should have seperate config options imo)

TameDinoStaminaCap=#### (The numbers equal the cap set by server owners, nullified if TameDinoStaminaCap is set to false)

And one config for every stat! I think that would be wonderful if they made it a config for servers and single players!

1 hour ago, DeningWei said:

I feel that the devs have been purposely harsh with the nerf hammer.  They probably nerfed everything waay past the point that they believed they needed to, and will make some future concessions to make it look like they are appeasing everyone so that they finally arrive back to the minor nerf they were always intending.

This is a more effective way to manage the fanbase than to keep applying smaller nerfs until the desired point is reached as it is some initial pain followed by some carrots rather than just repeated negatives.

This tactic also runs into the problem of most of your player base just leaving your game and you end up as a "has been" whit a game that had so much greatness. 

extremely risky tactic. 

16 minutes ago, StrifeRaider said:

This tactic also runs into the problem of most of your player base just leaving your game and you end up as a "has been" whit a game that had so much greatness. 

extremely risky tactic. 

Maybe a bit risky, kinda like selling a crack addict laundry powder once.  Sure there's a chance they will clean up their life and get gainful employment, but chances are they'll just keep hanging around anyway for the times you sell them the real deal.

For real feedback:

We should be able to see how much the "Craft All" option will craft before we click it.

The out of inventory crafting queue (in the bottom left) should tell us how many items are queued.

I would prefer that Craft All didn't require two clicks, especially in those situations where it's capped at 100, like sparkpowder and gunpowder. This just adds clicks to mass production.

I like the new UI, but I actually think for the most part the functionality has been decreased from the old one. I hope that this feedback can be taken into account.

@Jat looks like you cretins raptored up another patch with the flying nerf. My gosh how lazy can you guys be. Nerf flyers to the ground and claim you want community input. You guys don't listen at all to the community, let alone respond to the fans unless it's exactly inline with that you think. 

You guys should have some accountability with the crap you release. Perhaps instead of this useles stuff you release why don't you fix the 100's of bugs in your game first instead of hiding behind the early release excuse. 

19 hours ago, LTLuke said:

The flyer nerf absolutely killed flyers. My Pteranodon which used to be able to go acrossed the island in one go without landing very quickly struggles to go 100 meters without landing. They are slower than running now. What was the point of this nerf. Everyone can get a flyer its not like a giga where you have to nerf it to protect noobs. Flyers helped everyone with travel so much why would you get rid of this. They are practically useless now. What is the point of getting rid of one of the most popular dinos of the games purpose? 

Couldn't agree more..... I hope they are not doing this to tend to people that just don't know how to play the game. 

So with the new 256 update i think might actually be what makes me leave this game aswell as many other.

It seems that there is nolonger any point in playing because we just can't expand bases anymore with metal or at least do it and still enjoy mining 

Also flyers DILO honestly you can't get anywhere on map anymore speed increased flyers where used for scouting and quick transport but now we can barely make it across map in 10 minutes 

The devs have actually to my opinion finally ruined the game to the extent which it may lose a massive chuck of the community. I have had the game since about 2 months after it came out and was pretty fun but lately updates have just become sillier and sillier. like why debuff everything so much especially flyer it was at a good rate so far and everything was actually really good but since the debuff you have stuffed every fresh spawns chance of every making it to a good lvl in regards to having a strong metal base at all or even a metal shack probably because no alpha is gonna let some random build in metal anymore because its way to risky 

All i have to say is good luck with the game i think we will see a massive player leave if you don't fix this poop soon and no-one will recommend the game

I love the game but i dout myself and most people i know will stay because of this patch. :/

4 minutes ago, LilNastyGurl said:

Pfff, another flounce thread.

Bye, you'll be back.

I don't know.

I still love Ark as a game, but I find the new flying and the need to constantly land and regen my much slower birds (this is on PVE) -- combined with the slower, clunkier, uglier, harder to read interface a real enjoyment killer. I was hanging out for this weekend for some good, solid play, but it's now 9:30AM on Sunday and I haven't been online for more than 15 or so minutes at a time.

I'm mainly just logging in to see if there has been some sort of roll back.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived