Upcoming Patch v256 Discussion Thread

Jatheish

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WC your are killing your own game, it's worse and worse !

With the previous patch you ruined the water dinos balance making the most boring dino ( basilo ) the only viable with the stupid shock system.

Now you kill all the interest and fun of flyers, up to remove the speed bonus of imprinting !!!! a 120% speed  wyvern for exemple is imo a lot more fun to use than a 100%. They are now so boring to use, what are you doing ?!

Guest BubbaCrawfish
15 minutes ago, nanoslaught said:

Don't let the vocal minority ruin a very needed stat balance

Judging by the outcry, I'm sure you have that the wrong way around...

I keeping with the purpose of this thread, I like to report an issue that one of my players reported to me.  This is related to the stats of flyers when transferring between servers in a cluster and their stats being boosted.  Here is the report I got:

************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey KB.

I'm not sure if you're aware but there are some really funky things going on with the dinos transferred via the ark. I'm not sure if it's a multiplier or random, but some flyers are coming out of the ark with just insane stats. I discovered this bug while transferring a red mutated argie from SE to the Center (a gift from another tribe). I thought I had imagined things, but I didn't. Given how serious the consequences of this bug is, we could not keep a clear conscience without letting you know and not using the dinos affected. It's 100% reproducible with argies and we tested one of our dragons to see if it affected other flyers. It's probably linked to the flyer nerf?

We are testing to see if its decedents are also affected by the stat change because if we're forced to kill our dinos, we at least want to preserve the red mutation gene (as long as the insane stats don't get passed down). We're willing to put down our dragon and argies, but it would be great to receive eggs or a dragon egg to replace them (especially given how impossibly difficult dragons are to get now). Hopefully it's just a bug that can be fixed by something as simple as a server restart so we don't need to kill our dinos because we'd obviously prefer not to kill them if it can be fixed. Luckily the server restart was able to correct one of our Quetz's 0% melee stat, so hopefully it will correct this as well.

We're unsure if other people are exploiting this bug but I have no idea if anyone besides myself are able to reproduce it. Just wanted to give you a heads up because it's incredibly exploitable -- we're talking 600k health, 4k% damage argie exploitable.  (emphasis added)

Thanks!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Regards,

KB

So, this is the first time I've ever voiced my opinion about an update. Everything else, in my mind has been either reasonable,needed or not bad enough to compain about. I have to agree with the overall opinon on the forums though that this nerf was WAY over done. Now I do mean overdone. I remember once my tribe and I used our "Attack Pteras" to take down a high level Alpha Rex and the whole time I was thinking "this is pretty cheesy". Like how are these small, lightweight fliers meant to be used as scout successfully taking down something that should, in theory, eat them with one or two bites. So, I'll agree certain stats should be nerfed and reworked. However, I don't think removing the option to allocate points into a flyer's speed should be the option here. Also, the stamina nerf was way too harsh. It makes flying kind of pointless when taken into account with the speed nerf. Also, I kind of have to ask. How are we supposed to get Wyvern eggs now? Unless you already have one it's kind of a pointless endeavor destined to end in disaster. Do you expect us to go in clear the scar? Because that's a little ridiculous unless you have some pretty high level dinos. And some of us don't.

Anyway, my suggestions because I'm running out of time:

Allow players to put points into speed. Just put a hard cap on the bonus max or reduce the amount you gain per level. I also like the idea of keeping the imprinting bonus.
Give back a little of the stamina. Maybe not all of it but enough to make long distance flying viable at least.
Do something to make Wyvern eggs more obtainable if we lose our speedy flyers. Otherwise, solo players or lowbie have no decent chance of getting them.

Flying is the fastest way of travel even in the animal kingdom. Therefore I do not agree with the drastic nerf of flying speed. But I do have alternate suggestions to nerf flyers:

- Make an aerodynamic flight mechanic by giving flyers 2 flight modes:

1. gliding flight: flyers always fly forward when they are in air having with the possibility to fly curves left right up and down. They have the speed and stamina consumption they used to have but are not as easy to handle as before (meaning that flying does need some skill). The frequency they use their wings is slow, which justifies slow stamina consumption. However, if their flight is blocked by an obstraction, they fall down until they can continue to fly in a certain direction again.

2. flapping flight: this is activated by pressing backwards during flight. Flyers can stand still in air but with the possibility to turn in all directions. They have a high stamina consumption since the frequency they use their wings is increased. Maybe its also good to make a new animation for this where they direct their body angle more backwards. Maybe flying acrobats like the Tapajara are better at this than other flyers.

- Reduction of carrying weight is OK since its harder to lift something heavy also in real life. Huge transportations should be done by bigger dinos, only.

- Reduction of health is OK for me since flyers should never compete with heavy muscled, heavy armed land dinos.

- Flyers can grab dinos of a smaller size than themself but all wild (not like tamed ones) dinos will attack the flyer since they are afraid to be lifted in air. This enebles transport over short distances only since flyers do not have hight health. Maybe the flyer will loose a picked-up wild dino when it is bitten a random amount of times. Do not allow a quetz to pickup a mammoth. Drastic reduction in flight speed while carrying a dino is fine with me since not only the weight but also the aerodynamics reduces flight abilities here.

I am also not happy with taking away the possibility to increase movement speed by investing level points. It should be the players choice to have a fast flyer or use it for something else instead.

Rafts, and cool rides or sweet fishing partys on it -> GONE

Flyers and their utility -> GONE

(and Guys REMEMBER...  we are talking here, of quetz HL, pteras HL etc... that are totaly useless and you cannot fly more than a few "brontos distance/700m-1km"...? BUT, imagine all the new people catching their firsts flyers LVL 5, 10, 15... how many stamina to a Low Level?!...  How much they can travel before landing?!... 1 bronto? 20m? 3 or 5 flapping wings???!!! Ridiculous)

In short:

Funs -> GONE

Utility -> GONE

And I'm -> GONE

9 minutes ago, WhipSky said:

WC your are killing your own game, it's worse and worse !

With the previous patch you ruined the water dinos balance making the most boring dino ( basilo ) the only viable with the stupid shock system.

Now you kill all the interest and fun of flyers, up to remove the speed bonus of imprinting !!!! a 120% speed  wyvern for exemple is imo a lot more fun to use than a 100%. They are now so boring to use, what are you doing ?!

Maybe the just take out flyers and aquatic creatures out of the game to save us some fps. Saturday is the day I used to spend at least 5 hours in Ark (mostly more like 8) but today I was done after less than 2 hours.

4 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Flier nerf was needed, but not to that degree

as for the 2nd tweet.. No, they're not shy on killing off days of work for their own amusement, then laughing at people for having spent that time while they decide everything needs to die so we ave to start all over again.

No, you don't get "settle in" time. you need to balance things BEFORE you push this kind of crap on people

@GamerPerfectionHere is some feedback well partially.  This change to flyers was not thought out. I would be OK with a max speed, though I did love having a speed wyvern.  The Imprint bonus should be brought back, I also think that since Stam on wyverns has been hit so horribly that imprinting should effect stam too.  The hit to speed and stam on wyverns have made them useless.  As a previous player said, you can only get a few shots off before you have to regain stam.  So you can't even use wyverns for aerial combat anymore.  Also I went to the scar after the patch and guess what, all those wyverns are moving at normal speed.... how are we supposed to combat wyverns on wyverns when the wild wyverns were not nerfed?  This is something wildcard does, they rebalance tamed things but they don't change the wild component.  Because of this we have things like level 20 wild gigas and rock elementals being able to take out freshly tamed level 150 gigas and rock elementals, and now you have wild wyverns that will easily take out high level wyverns unless the player goes to ground combat because since tamed wyverns as as slow as the thing that takes the spaceshuttle to the launch pad but they still turn like a bus so you can't get the wild wyvern out from behind you.

If Wildcard is so worried about speed, why don't they nerf land dinos too?  it makes no sense that I can have a phiomia that out runs all the flyers in the game.  BTW I am not advocating for a land dino nerf, I'm just saying this was a uneven rebalancing for no reason.  Players should be able to level their dinos the way they want to.  If I want to pump o2 into a rex and go swimming with it, that is my choice it is my dino to level as I want to level it.

I honestly think this was done to reduce lag on servers, because with the flyers being so god awful slow you don't have people flying all over the map quickly causing stuff to render and take up server resources.

I do hope wildcard understands that this was a major middle finger to players and they will lose players from it.  I understand Early access and all that stuff that is usually spouted out, but even early access this was a horrible way to bring the change.  "we reset flyer speed % and make them half the speed they were before at 100%".

This chance in speed and stam in wyverns also screws over people on PvE.  Titanosaurs are a useless thing in pve that take up server resources and encourage griefing.  Our main method of dealing with this menace were lightening wyverns, we could keep them away from eachothers bases. That won't happen anymore because A - it would take forever to get to them and B- with what was a good stam wyvern, you can get 3-5 breaths before having to land.  

Additionally the flyer speed change screws people over on PvE because most pve servers are a community.  yea we may not be in the same tribes, or same alliances but overall the players try to help eachother when they can, aside from some bad apples.  We play PvE because we don't want to play against other players.  So now when someone like a new person is having a problem at their base, say a theri going nuts on it, the response from other players instead of "Where are you" or "be there in a sec" to help out this person is going to be "Sorry can't get there in time because flyers are so slow"

Feedback now that I have vented a little:

Speed: If flyer speed is a concern (again likely for server performance) then cap the % by species.  Figure out what the max velocity any flyer should be able to peak at and then set that % to the species.  Something like Wyvern 135%, ptera 150% etc etc.

Speed: Restore what was the normal 100% moving speed to dinos.  100% is the equivalent of them being just over the encumbered weight right now.  Flyers are utterly useless for travel.

Stamina: 1/4 the previous stamina is too little both on wyverns or quetz.  Put the stamina back the way it was or reduce by maybe 1/4 not down to 1/4.  We put points into it so those critters can go longer.  Tell me why a wild quetz or wild wyvern can fly around the entire map without landing, but just because one is tamed we have to keep landing to recover stamina.  This is another example of how "rebalancing" has actually unbalanced things.

Not regaining stam when flying but dismounted: There are plenty of actual flying things that utilize gliding for recovering "stam" in the natural world.  Since we can't stop dismount and stand on the back of these critters anymore to regain stam, why should their wild counterparts be able to fly indefinitely?

Rebalancing as a whole: When WC rebalances tamed dinos they have to take the wild dino counterpart into consideration or they are not rebalancing they are tipping the scale.

Beta before pushing live: I think Ark use to have player beta servers.  Bring that back.  Let actual players play on these to test functionality and to get constructive feed back on what the updates do.  This way wildcard can tweak things before the change hits the mass populous of players.  Beta participants are expected to deliver on the beta experience not just use beta servers as "early access to changes".  Lets be honest the game is littered with bugs, any beta participant who can't find any or can't deliver feedback regularly other than "I like it" or "this is good" isn't really trying and should be swapped out for a fresh tester.

It's not even logical, flyers should be the scouts and the way to go from x to x fast. I agree there were things that needed to be changed but what was done needs to be looked at. Nerf the damage, flyers should not be war mounts, fix the quetzal platform if you want, keep the cd on the ptera barrel roll, its okay, but don't take away their primary role.

Anyone else have the problem that inventory items do not show up? E. g. in the artifact containers, the artifact is not there (you will get it, however, when pressing "transfer all"). Same for all crafting structures, the inventory is invisible. Even freshly crafted items will not show up, so again you will have to press "transfer all".

After flying around a few hours now, here is the feedback:

• Pteranodon: Too slow, reduce the weight, reduce the damage, but not the speed. There should be at least one dino that can fly fast around the world, even if you can take nearly nothing with you
  • Wyvern: Fire Wyvern base lvl was around 160. One fire breath and 1/3 of the stamina gone. Maybe reduce the stamina which is needed for an attack, otherwise it makes the attack pointless unless you are standing on the ground. Second they are a bit so slow, looks like a bus trying to get on speed.
  • Inventory: Everytime i try to get one item out of a stack in the smithy with double click, i get the whole stack. :| The other way works.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
15 minutes ago, Ky0 said:

Rafts, and cool rides or sweet fishing oartys on it -> GONE

Didn't see any of mine gone... What are you talking about "Gone"?

Antes do update meu Wyvern era lvl 246 Com 2k de Energia, agora ele esta lvl 196 com apenas 560 de energia e nao resetou os pontos!

oque me deixa Furioso é o fato do XP dele Continuar igual a antes, com 100k De XP,  vai ser praticamente impossível subir lvl dele.

Agora tenho um Wyvern inútil para lutas pois com apenas 2 golpes ele ja fica esgotado.

7 minutes ago, s710 said:

Anyone else have the problem that inventory items do not show up? E. g. in the artifact containers, the artifact is not there (you will get it, however, when pressing "transfer all"). Same for all crafting structures, the inventory is invisible. Even freshly crafted items will not show up, so again you will have to press "transfer all".

click the word "inventory"

7 minutes ago, s710 said:

I thought so too, but there's two large tabs, one says "inventory" and one "Crafting". They're really large tabs, and kinda easy to miss. Look at, say, morta'rs inventory. You see the folders/engrams for crafting. Then look above them. There should be Inventory on the left side, and Crafting on the right side. I can take a pic if that helps.

• Jatheish unfeatured, unpinned and locked this topic

Archived