Goodbye ark

BobbleHead30

Ive had my fair share of fun on a pve server until i merged with a tribe. My stuff was consistenly stolen and my dinos misplaced. I should have known it would have happened. I was kicked from the tribe before trying to kill my giga off a cliff. No point trying to build back up, gonna have fun without responibility tbh.

I'd say in the future just be more careful who you tribe up with. Observe them and see what they are like and how they interact with others. If they are constantly asking for higher level Dinos than they and their base are up to caring for and protecting, they are likely not going to be a good tribe/tribemate. If they are immature and constantly complain or treat others badly, then they may not be a good choice either.

Full story: last year me and my friend set up bandit brigade. Together we tamed fearsome creatures like dodos scorpions and parasaurs. Our base and dinos soon expanded. We got stone all round our base and rexes to defend. Closer to now, i was able to buy a giga, at this time we are big and have creatures gallore like plesios and a quetz. We were then given the choice to merge, it seemed hard to say no as they had wyverns and a rock golem. We had an agreement. We were to treat eachother as different tribes but help one another often. After this all our best gear was raided from us by them and we couldnt get it back as they refused to give us admin. This consistently happened and we treated it as them breaking the promise. We got into an argument about them stealing our stuff and kibble. We were then threatened to be kicked. Before i could enrage/kill my giga to make a point on how they broke our agreement they kicked us. All our years work was suddenly taken from us.

Moral of the story : Screw official servers its much cooler to fly around on wyverns on a non dedicated with your friends.

39 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

The true moral of the story, is that you shouldn't merge with people you don't know. Just like how you shouldn't bring people into your tribe with unrestricted access to everything.

Exactly.

Okay so at the time they had some neat things, maybe it would have been better to try to get those for yourself or get to know them better before you merge.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, BobbleHead30 said:

Full story: last year me and my friend set up bandit brigade. Together we tamed fearsome creatures like dodos scorpions and parasaurs. Our base and dinos soon expanded. We got stone all round our base and rexes to defend. Closer to now, i was able to buy a giga, at this time we are big and have creatures gallore like plesios and a quetz. We were then given the choice to merge, it seemed hard to say no as they had wyverns and a rock golem. We had an agreement. We were to treat eachother as different tribes but help one another often. After this all our best gear was raided from us by them and we couldnt get it back as they refused to give us admin. This consistently happened and we treated it as them breaking the promise. We got into an argument about them stealing our stuff and kibble. We were then threatened to be kicked. Before i could enrage/kill my giga to make a point on how they broke our agreement they kicked us. All our years work was suddenly taken from us.

Moral of the story : Screw official servers its much cooler to fly around on wyverns on a non dedicated with your friends.

Wyverns and golems are very easy to get. I don't even ride my wyverns and I have 2 admin spawned 290's (fire wyv/electric) lol. I love my quetz with 25k health and 250 mvmt speed lol.

Why you felt the need to open a topic for this? What is the purpose? 

Should I also open a topic every time when I got raided? Or when a teammate finished playing and left me alone? Or when a teammate took my ascendant gear from MY locker and lost it when he died? 

I fail to see the reason what you wanted to learn or discuss... its not facebook to shout your pain to the world :)

On Sun Mar 26 2017 at 10:57 AM, ancojoVG said:

Dont get disheartened mate, Arks about PVP, building, taming, breeding, trading etc. Dont let one bad experience stop you from playing, we've just been wiped on an official but we'll be back bigger and stronger than before unless we get wiped again lol

This.. Ark, imo, is about learning, growing,  coming back different or just stronger altogether.. Building back up is the fun part! Everything will die, better to get used to it and not let it spoil the fun.

On 26/03/2017 at 6:00 PM, BobbleHead30 said:

Sad story.

But there are lessons to be learned.

1) Merge only with people you have utmost trust into. When I merged, I had to leave the game for about 3-4 months and didn't wanted to lose everything. So, I asked one of the players I had a good relationship with in-game. He accepted to hold onto my dinos for me. I did this knowing I could trust that person but I also kinda was ready to come back eventually and have lose everything. I was lucky, not only did all my buildings and dinos survive and even progress, but I've made a new friend. 

2) What you wanted to do, was made an alliance. Alliance doesn't gives any privileges to any of the involved tribes (except a private chat room), but it does allow you to collaborate and ''help each other''...giving you all the necessary time to figure out if they are worthy of tribe merging or not. 

On 3/26/2017 at 3:00 PM, BobbleHead30 said:

Not to be mean but man that is 100% your fault! 

What did you get out of merging? Why not just alliance? 

Fk a wyvern and a rock golem that stuff can be farmed or bought here or face book. 

Just doesn't make sense to me at ALL why you would have even risked it. 

Archived