black pearls How to efficiently get black pearls?

s710

How to efficiently get black pearls?

So far I have only farmed eurypterids with my mosa to get black pearls. But even on 5x harvest, I will only get between 1 and 9 pearls per eurypterid. This leaves me with like a hundred pearls in maybe 30-60 minutes, which seems very uneffective to me.

So I wonder if there is a better way to do it? Will normal tusoteuthis drop black pearls? Can I kill tusoteuthis with a single mosa? I saw some videos about it, and it seems like tusoteuthis will eat alive any other create down in the seas. (my mosa is having 55k life and 700% dmg).

How do you farm your black pearls?

kill alpha mosa, they give 100 pearls.
tuso give around 33 pearls, they are no match for a mosa.
to be sure kill them away form big rocks and sea floor to prevent getting glitched. (PVB mode, person vs bugs)
alpha tuso i dont know how much they give, i use a platform so they glitch into me after there first grab and then its an easy kill.
but beware of eels now. if you are unable to swim away from them, it may mean a certaun death to you and or mosa.

Ok just to make sure, my mosa can kill squids, right? Up to what level? (max level on my server is 201). As mentioned my mosa is having 55k life and 700% dmg (also having mastercraft saddle). As I understand it, the squid will grab the mosa, and it will not be able to move anymore. Will it still damage the squid though? And must I dismount for it to damage the squid, or can/should I stay mounted?

On the other hand, should I maybe get a high level squid myself for even better killing deep sea stuff, or should I stick to the mosa?

17 minutes ago, s710 said:

Ok just to make sure, my mosa can kill squids, right? Up to what level? (max level on my server is 201). As mentioned my mosa is having 55k life and 700% dmg (also having mastercraft saddle). As I understand it, the squid will grab the mosa, and it will not be able to move anymore. Will it still damage the squid though? And must I dismount for it to damage the squid, or can/should I stay mounted?

On the other hand, should I maybe get a high level squid myself for even better killing deep sea stuff, or should I stick to the mosa?

i'd suggest you stick to the Mosa, but thats personal preference. and you can take on any lvl normal squid with that Mosa. 

I don't know if it's been fixed but whenever I fought a tuso with my mosa, it would let go halfway through the fight and try to flee. When that happens, it's head morphs into the mosa: While I can bite it, it can no longer move or grab me because Im behind its tentacle hitbox. Happened to every single tuso I fought with a mosa, even an alpha which was kicking my butt.

Also in caverns of lost hope, you can bring a basilo and kill the tusos effortlessly. Some in there I've seen dropped like 66 black pearls, non alpha. Might want to bring a buddy on another whale just in case.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I don't know if it's been fixed but whenever I fought a tuso with my mosa, it would let go halfway through the fight and try to flee. When that happens, it's head morphs into the mosa: While I can bite it, it can no longer move or grab me because Im behind its tentacle hitbox. Happened to every single tuso I fought with a mosa, even an alpha which was kicking my butt.

Also in caverns of lost hope, you can bring a basilo and kill the tusos effortlessly. Some in there I've seen dropped like 66 black pearls, non alpha. Might want to bring a buddy on another whale just in case.

I found a wild Wazz on the forums!

• 2 weeks later...

I just fought an alpha squid yesterday, and to my surpise it went really well. It was level 112 (90k hp), but it didnt even bring my mosa down to half of its life. It was a bit annoying to chase it when it began to run away, because of the ink clouds, but well.

After killing it, the mosa did not pick up any loot, and no corpse/lootbag was left. This was a bit disappointing. However I spawned in another alpha squid of the same level, and killed it (via kill command), which left around 35 black pearls, 100 (!) tentacles and some other minor stuff.

I am disappointed about the low amount of pearls, but the tentacles are great, as they are needed for the bosses :)

On 3/16/2017 at 6:38 AM, Wazzamaniac said:

Mosas with Platform Saddles can consistently glitch inside alpha squids if you move toward the squid while attacking if they grab you. 

6 hours ago, s710 said:

I just fought an alpha squid yesterday, and to my surpise it went really well. It was level 112 (90k hp), but it didnt even bring my mosa down to half of its life. It was a bit annoying to chase it when it began to run away, because of the ink clouds, but well.

After killing it, the mosa did not pick up any loot, and no corpse/lootbag was left. This was a bit disappointing. However I spawned in another alpha squid of the same level, and killed it (via kill command), which left around 35 black pearls, 100 (!) tentacles and some other minor stuff.

I am disappointed about the low amount of pearls, but the tentacles are great, as they are needed for the bosses :)

You need to either be very careful about killing the Alpha and eating its corpse, or eat its body near the ocean floor for the bag to spawn. You won't auto loot if your inv is over half full. Best way to gather black pearls, efficiently, is killing squids of alpha, or non-alpha, variety. Alpha Mosas give the most pearls in a single kill, but the decent to high level ones can severely hurt your mosa, if not outright kill it (Depending of course). 

Really depends on how many pearls you want/need. If you only need a couple hundred, quickest bet is to kill everything Alpha, and all the squids. If you need a couple thousand, I would stick to squid. 

1 hour ago, s710 said:

So the alpha squid black pearl amount is roughly the same as normal squid? Thats kind of disappointing. Okay, the absorbent substrate is really nice (i think it dropped 100?), but when only out for pearls then normal squids should probably be the better choice.

Alpha squid gives roughly 2-3 times as many as a normal squid. Normal squid is roughly 21-30, usually around 26 for me. Alpha tuso is 75

Archived