Observations

Fealthion

Observations

Decided to create a forum profile to point out a couple of things

1. The response to those who have lost characters is mediocre at best.  Players were advised to wait on the ticketing system, therefore they have missed the 'faster rates' as they had no access to the game (without wiping the existing char and any hope of recovery). The delay in the response means any solo players will have lost everything they had, dinos will have starved, bases despawned - the lot. 'I will power level your 'new char'' doesnt cut it, we could power levelled tribemates new toons with a grinder and some wood in the same time its taken for you to respond.

2. This game is EA in name only how anyone can argue that its early access when they have released a 'purchaseable' DLC and its available on consoles is beyond me! 

As a suggestion bind all the details to the account not the toon as you cant have more than one character on a server at a time anyway, if I worked for something why should I suddenly lose access to it.

Yes, its a game, yes its internet pixelated dino's but this is peoples time you are taking and thats the one thing you cant ever give back, right now Wildcard you are en-route to being a bigger joke than Sony's destruction of SWG or the team at no-mans sky..... 

3 hours ago, Fealthion said:

Observations

Decided to create a forum profile to point out a couple of things

1. The response to those who have lost characters is mediocre at best.  Players were advised to wait on the ticketing system, therefore they have missed the 'faster rates' as they had no access to the game (without wiping the existing char and any hope of recovery). The delay in the response means any solo players will have lost everything they had, dinos will have starved, bases despawned - the lot. 'I will power level your 'new char'' doesnt cut it, we could power levelled tribemates new toons with a grinder and some wood in the same time its taken for you to respond.

2. This game is EA in name only how anyone can argue that its early access when they have released a 'purchaseable' DLC and its available on consoles is beyond me! 

As a suggestion bind all the details to the account not the toon as you cant have more than one character on a server at a time anyway, if I worked for something why should I suddenly lose access to it.

Yes, its a game, yes its internet pixelated dino's but this is peoples time you are taking and thats the one thing you cant ever give back, right now Wildcard you are en-route to being a bigger joke than Sony's destruction of SWG or the team at no-mans sky..... 

Plenty of topics with these discussions already happening my dude! 

A moderator answered this and I'll try to find the post.

The game is in Early Access because the devs say it so. They makde the game, and they decide in what state it is. And if they decide to release a paid DLC for any reason, (I still believe it's because of the 40 Mio. USD they lost) they release it. You can have your opinion on Early Access, it can be beyond you. it is just an opinion until the devs change it from Early Access.

5 hours ago, Fealthion said:

More players have lost their time due to glitches/duping/exploiting then people losing there time to anything else which to me is a good reason to say the game is still in Early Access.

Steam Early Access is an early access release platform by Valve Corporation where users can purchase in-development video games and play unfinished versions of the game while it is being developed

- Atleast 6 more confirmed dinos to be added

- Fix the cross server transfer issues

- Fix duping and ensure it can not happen in future patches

- Make it so people can not glitch under the map and cheese raid people

- Add the rest of the Tech tier

- Fix the PGM so people actually want to play on it

- Add water dino breeding

- Optimize the game so names of dinos do not make you lose 20-40 fps

- Stop allowing C4 to be strapped to players/dinos all together

- wake up and realize you cant balance a game as long as the speed stat can be dramatically changed

How does ark not fit that category? 

Less then 45 seconds it was for me to come up with those reasons why this game is still in Early Access if i spent 3 hours and listed all the issues.

As for adding paid DLC during an early access. The way i look at it is at the end of the early access you will have a full game and it will be cheaper then what it will cost people who buy it when its fully released. We paid what 50 dollars less if you bought everything on sale. The game will probably be 80 dollars on release more then likely. It mind boggles me that people will pay anywhere between 80-120 dollars for a game they put less then 20 hours in to however when a game charges an extra 20 dollars for a DLC they get so pissed off even tho they have put well over 4k hours in to the game.

10 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

More players have lost their time due to glitches/duping/exploiting then people losing there time to anything else which to me is a good reason to say the game is still in Early Access.

Steam Early Access is an early access release platform by Valve Corporation where users can purchase in-development video games and play unfinished versions of the game while it is being developed

However you forgot to quote this (don't we already have console versions?)

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“Approximately 1 year, with a full release planned for June 2016 coinciding with the console versions.”

The issue here isn't that there are problems, it's that there's no adequate support with solutions

9 minutes ago, AshRid said:

However you forgot to quote this (don't we already have console versions?)

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“Approximately 1 year, with a full release planned for June 2016 coinciding with the console versions.”

The issue here isn't that there are problems, it's that there's no adequate support with solutions

Plans change. As their vision for the game became clearer (developed, if you will) it became obvious that estimate was too soon. The devs are victims of their own ambitions.

3 hours ago, SlipperySquid said:

As for adding paid DLC during an early access. The way i look at it is at the end of the early access you will have a full game and it will be cheaper then what it will cost people who buy it when its fully released. We paid what 50 dollars less if you bought everything on sale. The game will probably be 80 dollars on release more then likely. It mind boggles me that people will pay anywhere between 80-120 dollars for a game they put less then 20 hours in to however when a game charges an extra 20 dollars for a DLC they get so pissed off even tho they have put well over 4k hours in to the game.

I Love this, it really does show how ungrateful some people are these days. I've been watching all the butt hurt comments over the last 2 weeks and even had a few warnings now because I could no longer bite my tongue. I paid 20$ for this game and in the last year have played close to 700 hours in.  There is not one single game in existence that was released from any majour company for my self that even comes close to that sort of game play. exception of maybe Counter Strike Source, but I also only paid like 15$ 10 years ago. Paying 20$ and loosing roughly 10 hours of work over the 30hr roll back to me isn't that big of a problem.  It after all was my own free time in which I choose to play a game I full well knew has bugs for days. I mean in the early days on the game there was legit like a 2 week rollback when something went astray, and there was once a proper full server wipe. The issues we have now I have no doubt that WC will be addressing them in the near future, it may take them another 8 months after all content is released the completed version but until then who cares. There are no other Survival Dinos games on the market this is it

17 hours ago, heiser said:

Its like a scale. put more people on customer support and development slows down.  

do you really think that assigning someone to these OFFICIAL forums would slow down the develoment process? not every person at WC is a developer, you can easily hire someone for Public Relations only. 

or as they have stated before, sometimes people assigned to ,for example, visuals have less work because they have to wait for the coding team to catch up. Let these people handle the forums if you wanna cheap out and not hire someone to maintain your communication.

i've said this countless times before but COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO EVERYTHING. If they communicate with us and we feel understood and cared for by the people we test this game for, then we will give good feedback. but right now they just leave us in the dark 95% off the time and react days or weeks later with a week little announcement. 

They ask us EA players to TEST their game as its being developped and give feedback as to what can improve. If we give you feedback, the least you can do is respond to it so atleast we know you heard us and are taking the suggestions, complaints into consideration.

On 8-3-2017 at 0:20 PM, Fealthion said:

That's what they do, but the way they do it is poorly designed, which causes the problems.

Archived